What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

chongman

Yesterday I cut a dozen stainless steel bolt handle blanks to length and faced the ends in the lathe. I have managed to turn 4 of them into something cool (still need to be threaded) and have the rest lined up on the table wondering what they want to grow up to be.

No pictures for you yet... they will all come up for sale at the same time.  I'm doing this to finance a milling attachment and end mill bits for my lathe  ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

1377x

Quote from: Tater on February 04, 2013, 04:53:08 AM
Is that transfer port from a 1377?
sorry for the delay!!
yes it is a transfer port from a 1377.its the same in most crosmans.the 2240,2250,2260,2400 and benji discovery
closed mouths dont get fed

breakfastchef

Quote from: chongman on February 05, 2013, 04:22:49 PM
Show me brother, I am intrigued  :)

Cheap sear spring guide for folks with crude stone tools. There are some after-market solutions and more home shop versions I am unable to make. So I started with the basic TKO trigger kit. I drilled a 1/8" hole in the grip frame post, a matching hole in the nylon sear spring guide, and inserted a 4p nail cut to a proper length into the frame. Put a dab of lithium grease on the nail adn gave it a try. Trigger pull feels pretty even since the spring no longer buckles. YMMV
Larry

BigErn

Quote from: breakfastchef on February 06, 2013, 12:42:35 AM
Cheap sear spring guide for folks with crude stone tools. There are some after-market solutions and more home shop versions I am unable to make. So I started with the basic TKO trigger kit. I drilled a 1/8" hole in the grip frame post, a matching hole in the nylon sear spring guide, and inserted a 4p nail cut to a proper length into the frame. Put a dab of lithium grease on the nail adn gave it a try. Trigger pull feels pretty even since the spring no longer buckles. YMMV

Cool idea Larry! That's pretty neat  :-*

BigErn

Thanks for the nice comments! Glad you guys like 1322  :-*   I might polish the rear sight next.

1377x

Quote from: TLEVTA on February 05, 2013, 02:23:30 AM
1911 trigger looks great on that gun. I got mine installed in the frame O.K., but I'm still waiting for my valve/pistion assembly from AirgunSmith. What's the usual lead time from John?
it used to be around 7-10 days but with the lack of piston makers out there could be longer now

Flex

Last month, after lots of readin' (posts and threads on this forum), I decided that I had to get doin' something on my newly acquired Crosman pumper. Not wanting to go "crazy" (mod-wise) I started small. I did the basic "fluff & buff" of the trigger group. Additionally, I added a regular .22 cal case to the top of the sear spring to act as a spring guide and smooth it out some. Since all I really did was polish and lube the metal on metal contact surfaces, the only noticeable change was a smoother feel to the trigger pull. I tried to compress the factory spring somewhat to lighten the trigger pull but I didn't experience much success with that.
Well, after some more reading, I decided to kick it up a notch. I wanted to lighten the pull and knew that I needed a different spring. I wrote down a few of the part #s for the suggested springs and headed for the hardware store. Unfortunately their spring selection had a different numbering system. Since some of the suggested springs had dimensions as well as part numbers, I had a general range to choose from. I settled on one that was ~2" long x 5/16" O.D. with 0.023" wire dia.

At first I thought it might be a bit weak and a bit too long. As recommended in another trigger mod post, I was planning on lengthening the sear spring guide by using a .22 cal magnum case.

As before, I polished the magnum case and lubed the interface between the case and the sear. Fortuitously, the case length seems to be a perfect fit! With the hammer un-cocked, there is a mm or 2 of clearance between the base of the grip frame stud and the case mouth.

When the hammer is cocked, the spacing increases to maybe 5 or 6 mm. (I didn't measure either dimension).

Since the spring is less stiff laterally, than the stock sear spring, the magnum case functions to direct all of the spring's force against the sear arm. I banged it around from all directions and was unable to make the sear release the hammer inadvertently. The trigger pull was very smooth and considerably lighter than the stock condition. Additionally, the magnum case acts as to limit trigger travel when it bottoms out on the grip frame. I'm pretty sure others have done this mod and I hope that it is working as well for them as it seems to work for me. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

chongman

Larry and Flex, outstanding writeup and pictures :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

no airgun work
but i did polish the heck out of the bolt on my ruger 10-22 and ordered some other parts for it as well as did a trigger job
needs more work though. the first trigger job i did was on my 1974 ruger 10-22 was so smooth it screamed move over butter

bgmcgee

I like your guys thinking on the trigger mod,different directions basically same results.  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

breakfastchef

Quote from: Flex on February 06, 2013, 02:28:57 AMAs recommended in another trigger mod post, I was planning on lengthening the sear spring guide by using a .22 cal magnum case.

Very nicely done, Flex. The magnum shell is 'drop in' simple (except maybe sizing the length)!
Larry

Flex

Quote from: breakfastchef on February 06, 2013, 04:25:46 AM
Very nicely done, Flex. The magnum shell is 'drop in' simple (except maybe sizing the length)!
I didn't size the length at all! ???. The few .22 mag cases that I had in a bag of range pick-up brass all measure out to 1.050" +/- a thousanth or 2. I can't imagine that the distance from the base of the sear spring stud on the grip frame to the contact surface of the sear varies too much on the 13xx & 22xx series Crosman airguns. This is a true "drop-in" mod. 8) Still, adjustment is possible either by placing a washer/spacer over the spring stud (to tighten things up) or by filing some brass off the mag case (if more trigger travel is desired). Best of all, everything can be removed and the gun returned to "factory settings" since there are no physical alterations made to the gun itself!! :-*. BTW, the spring was $.75 at my local hardware store and the mag case, of course, was free. ;). This mod seems like a "no-brainer" to me! Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

earlp8

tipper1

I will have to try this mod Flex,having a hard time setting my tension  " Thanks "  :-*