KevinP

That came out real nice ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

BigErn

Added a brass safety and a budget barrel band  :D

Gippeto

Quote from: 1377x on February 26, 2013, 08:23:41 AM
does that mean no o-ring on the the bolt?

Correct. :) Altered my first Marauder barrel in this fashion to fit it to a 22xx breech and liked the way it worked so kept doing it.

Bolt handle is a groovy little thing isn't it. :)

Al

HappyHunter

Excellent work as usual, Al!  :-*

Quote from: Gippeto on February 26, 2013, 04:16:08 AM
Thanks. :) I have a somewhat healthy stock of .25 blanks. ;)

Oh, you do, huh?....Hmm...... ;D

Todd
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

DaveB50

I put a 14.5" .22  barrel and steel breech on my 1377, then put the 10.1" .177 barrel from that onto my 2240.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

BDS

DaveB50:  Did you just drill out the 1377 plastic barrel band to 7/16" diameter? Slip fit? Slight press fit or...?
Brian

mudduck48

I think I voided my warranty. LOL Took my 1322 apart to change parts.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

1377x

Quote from: Gippeto on February 26, 2013, 03:19:45 PM
Correct. :) Altered my first Marauder barrel in this fashion to fit it to a 22xx breech and liked the way it worked so kept doing it.

Bolt handle is a groovy little thing isn't it. :)

Al

i take it you dont get any leakage with that set up
in your opinion ,with the exception of the marauder , do you think that set up will handle high power better than the standard bolt/o-ring seal?
hope this is understandable
closed mouths dont get fed

mudduck48

So I get the bottom end back together and I forgot to look at the transfer port. This is a brass valve out of a phaze 2 1377 rebuilt. Stuffed in and IT does not line up with the hole. The second pic shows it with a new seal. NOW WHAT!! Keep going or back up and put the allum valve back in. I'm going to put the Crosman steel breech, blue fork barrel band and mim sight on.

1377x

Quote from: mudduck48 on February 26, 2013, 08:04:03 PM
So I get the bottom end back together and I forgot to look at the transfer port. This is a brass valve out of a phaze 2 1377 rebuilt. Stuffed in and IT does not line up with the hole. The second pic shows it with a new seal. NOW WHAT!! Keep going or back up and put the allum valve back in. I'm going to put the Crosman steel breech, blue fork barrel band and mim sight on.
open the exhaust port to 11/64 .the exhaust port in my brass valve is a lot larger than 11/64 and it still seals with the stock seal
the hole in the seal should be unobstructed and stilll seal
closed mouths dont get fed

Gippeto

Quote from: 1377x on February 26, 2013, 08:02:59 PM
i take it you dont get any leakage with that set up...do you think that set up will handle high power better than the standard bolt/o-ring seal?

Have not detected any leakage with this setup. Would be safe to assume that once the o-ring wears, leakage is going to be likely, but replacing an o-ring is a pretty easy thing IMO.

Having the o-ring at or in the barrel seems to be somewhat common with pcp rifles. In particular those with magazines. IMO, the setup handles higher power levels very well. O-ring on the bolt would handle high power levels too. Lots of folks around with hot rod .22 Discos...maybe you know someone? ;)

"Better" is subjective in this case IMO.

Al

mudduck48

Ed, you is the man! Took it all back apart again and did what you said. I drilled it out 11/64 used a small primer pocket reamer and a RCBS deburing tool. Now it lines up. Thank you again. QUACK,QUACK,QUACK!

DaveB50

Quote from: BDS on February 26, 2013, 06:01:49 PM
DaveB50:  Did you just drill out the 1377 plastic barrel band to 7/16" diameter? Slip fit? Slight press fit or...?

I used a dremel tool to open it up, stopping often to check until it had a slight press fit. I plan on getting a different front sight or muzzle brake, then grinding the current sight down, leaving the band.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

twigboy

Did the usual to my PC77.  Polished the sear and aligned it with the trigger using a washer.  Found some springs in a box of miscellaneous springs I picked up at the local DIY store (HD or Lowes) years ago.  These are tapered but long, so I cut it down on the fat end.  I had noticed the loops of the spring were rubbing on the guides (frame and cover) so I put a notch using a wheel on the Dremel on the sear to keep the spring aligned.  Now the spring is more in-line with the movement so it doesn't bend outward as much, so I'm not bothering with any other sort of guide or support.  A little trial and error used: shortened the first spring until the action wouldn't cock and cut the next spring just longer.  Did the usual bump/smack tests several times with on/off safe and cocked; passed.  I don't have a proper trigger pull gauge but a spring gauge shows somewhere betweenish 2 and 3 lbs.  The trigger shoe is for a paintball gun of some sorts but I had to file the inside edges to get a tight fit onto the trigger (I have the black trigger version) without the set screws, but I put them in anyway.  Re-crowned using a marble, sandpaper and toothpaste to take out an annoying hump in the crown as it came from the factory.  Got most of the help here from you guys.  THANKS!

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs