What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Crosshairs

Quote from: YSYEO on March 23, 2013, 03:43:01 PM
I started rebuilding a Remington Airmaster 77 (re-branded Crosman 2100).
I cleaned up the barrel cover with a scotchbrite wheel, and proceeded to polish it with Flitz.

Now I'm wondering, do I finish polishing, or go back to satin.
Shiny looks nice, until it gets a fingerprint.
The stock and forearm are fake wood shiny black plastic.

Here's shiny:

Here's satin:

I don't know what the original finish looked like, because I started with this:

I vote shinny.
                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

I'm with Mike.  For that particular gun 'shiny' is thee way to go.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

ped

I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

breakfastchef

Shiny with satin striping. If you can figure out how to do that, let me know.
Larry

BigErn

Shiny for sure YSYEO! Mine is polished too and I love it. I wipe it with 0000 steel wool after each use and it shines right up. I want to bedline the pump arm and stock on mine but don't want to take it apart again cuz it's a real pain to put it back together again!

YSYEO

Quote from: breakfastchef on March 23, 2013, 06:05:07 PM
Shiny with satin striping. If you can figure out how to do that, let me know.

Now you've got me considering shiny with satin ghost flames

BerkshireHunter

No gun work per se, but I went to home depot and found some duct seal. The stuff works wonders at stopping pellets! Just threw some in a plastic container and fired some pellets outside, I may have to build a proper duct seal trap though.   :-*

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: YSYEO on March 23, 2013, 09:26:08 PM
Now you've got me considering shiny with satin ghost flames
Nice work. But that's the barrel right, and not the shroud? If so, won't it just be hidden by the shroud?

YSYEO

Quote from: BerkshireHunter on March 23, 2013, 09:32:14 PM
Nice work. But that's the barrel right, and not the shroud? If so, won't it just be hidden by the shroud?

It's the shroud.   I referred to it as a cover, because I didn't want any government spies reading my post to think I was talking about "that shoulder thing that goes up".   ;D

quickster47 †

Quote from: YSYEO on March 23, 2013, 09:46:20 PM
It's the shroud.   I referred to it as a cover, because I didn't want any government spies reading my post to think I was talking about "that shoulder thing that goes up".   ;D

The government folks are already reading the CAPOF and your post has been tagged.   :-X

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

droid

Modded my hammer for the Scaramanga gun so I can use my P Rod grip frame.

Had me puzzled for a while when I first built this one up, I have a rear breech screw location in my new shorty breech and when I fitted it I forgot to change the hammer for a scooped one. So I changed the hammer for a scooped one then remembered the groove needed filling in that one for the P Rod frame. Doh ! you would think I would remember by now.

Doesn't JB Weld make a bladdy mess, or is it just me ? (Typing this on a keyboard covered in dry JB weld)
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

quickster47 †

Quote from: droid on March 23, 2013, 11:03:07 PM
Doesn't JB Weld make a bladdy mess, or is it just me ? (Typing this on a keyboard covered in dry JB weld)

Must be you cause JB Weld has never bothered my keyboard, too much.

JB Weld - JB Weld - JB Weld - JB Weld - JB Weld - JB Weld - JB Weld we have control of your keycaps...  :D

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

droid

It won't bother yours Carl will it, you have a row of workshops on thay big estate of yours  ;D

I am doing mine while I work which granted aint the best idea with JB Weld everywhere.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

bgmcgee

Not much work airgun related just some shooting, but I did mow the lawns, made a paper towel holder for the garage and printed out some more targets.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

crossliner

Quote from: 1377x on March 21, 2013, 07:12:07 AM
I think when my next marauder .25 barrel gets here i'll do something like this only mine will say lights out
http://www.hishandslaser.com/c-262-custom-images.aspx

Laser engraving is very cheap here..It's just P100/$2.42 in any design on a 2"x4" size. Could not believe it myself when my friend showed me his laser engraved ag breech and it's just inside a mall about 4 kms away from me...

How much are you paying for these things in the US btw?