What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Gippeto

Still playing with rust bluing. Current solution is 2 oz 3% hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 tsp white vinegar and sea salt to make a saturated solution at room temperature.

Finished the QB79, and started in on the Crosman based .32 pcp. Finished the top end and polished a few bits 'n bobs before assembling it. I'm VERY pleased with the results...pics do not do it true justice. Hoping to have the tube finished tomorrow or Monday. :)

Before;

Now;

Al

crossliner

As always very clean work Mr. G  8) is that a custom made breech and did you make that yourself? Looks like a Crooked Barn breech but since it's steel then I don't think it is. Best regards.

Gippeto

A fellow in our local airgun group provided the barrel, some ammo and the loan of a CB shot shell breech to take some measurements off. I made a few subtle changes, steel being one of them.

Gets 6 shots/1700psi fill and peaks @ 30fpe.

Good eye BTW. :)

Al

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Gippeto that is sweet looking.  Love that fill piece on the tube.  Great idea.   :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

sandpiper

Very sweet project you have there  :-*

cheewee

Quote from: Gippeto on March 24, 2013, 05:09:00 AM
A fellow in our local airgun group provided the barrel, some ammo and the loan of a CB shot shell breech to take some measurements off. I made a few subtle changes, steel being one of them.

Gets 6 shots/1700psi fill and peaks @ 30fpe.

Good eye BTW. :)

Al

very nice work.
i am curious as to how the shotshell breeches work
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

quickster47 †

Quote from: cheewee on March 25, 2013, 04:40:21 AM
very nice work.
i am curious as to how the shotshell breeches work

Me too on the shotshell breech.  Is there any text or link on this subject or is it just something you learn along the way?

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

crossliner

I remember seeing a CB shot shell air pistol posted here about a year ago. It was very clean and decent looking..

Gippeto

Not too sure what you guys mean by "how it works"?

Air path?

It's a flow through bolt. The transfer port seals on the lower side of the breech, passage up to the bolt. The bolt (1/2" od) has an o-ring on either side of the transfer port. Air passes up the TP, into and through the bolt.

Bolt seals on the breech end of the barrel with a captive o-ring.

Can put up a pic or two tonight if anything is still in need of clarification.

Al

quickster47 †

Got it.  So it is a flow-through bolt if you will.  Why do they call it a shotshell breech?

Thanks,

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Gippeto

The original used the shot shells from the 1100 trapmaster.

Have never spoken with the Jim about it to confirm, but I suspect that had something to do with it. :)

BDS

Ok, shot-shell explanation helps a lot :-*
Brian

Trophyhunter49

Resealed an old Crosman 2200 and started on an old 760. I think what I can find on the 760 maybe mid 80's! The rear site is groken off , but it clamped around the barrel and not screwed to it! ??? Never seen one like that. Planing on doing a full custom on it! :-*

targettgii

That's some nice work on that pistol Gippeto, and I love that breech. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T