What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

chongman

Quote from: sandpiper on March 28, 2013, 11:57:54 AM
Yup, looks good Michael. Just wondering why you're leaving the nub on the end or is that where it's chucked? Would love to have a set for my 77  :-*

Those are freshly off the lathe. I'll switch collets and take the nub off once I get a nice pile of them.  I'll have some ready to go after the weekend for anybody who wants them, brass plugs are on the menu also!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

sandpiper

Quote from: chongman on March 28, 2013, 02:55:31 PM
Those are freshly off the lathe. I'll switch collets and take the nub off once I get a nice pile of them.  I'll have some ready to go after the weekend for anybody who wants them, brass plugs are on the menu also!

Ahh, I see. Please put me in for a set  :-*

KevinP

I'll take 2 sets ... :-* when you have time ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

quickster47 †

Quote from: Tater on March 28, 2013, 03:41:43 AM
I've never heard of safety plugs. Why would someone remove the safety, for bling?   ???

Don't know that I've ever seen a match level airgun target pistol with a safety.  Worrying about it takes away from other needed concentration.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BDS

Think you are right on that one Carl, can't remember ever seeing any safety levers on the Morini, IZH, Anschutz or Steyr guns. The entire process of 10 meter shooting was about safe gun handling and true gun control.
Brian

ped

sneaked an hour this afternoon on my new grips(one of the benefits of working for yourself) and got them all sanded up  then managed to get the first coat of tung oil on them
just need to try out my 2240 now to see if i can hit the barn (last time i shot it i struggled to hit the broad side of it)
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

ettolo

quickster47 †

Wow ped, those are really impressive for a first set.  Excellent!  :-* :-* :-*

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

BDS

excellent ped, simple, well shaped, nicely finished, I like, a lot!  :-*
Brian

bgmcgee

Those are some beautiful grips ped.  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Tater

Quote from: quickster47 on March 28, 2013, 09:04:17 PM
Don't know that I've ever seen a match level airgun target pistol with a safety.  Worrying about it takes away from other needed concentration.

Carl

Thanks. I don't think I've ever even seen a match level pistol.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

ped

cheers guys i didn't get the inletting as good on these as my other ones i made but i'm quite happy with them
i've tried a couple of dry fires on the 2240 and don't seem to be pulling high right with the muzzle as i was with the yew grips
hopefully tomorrow i might puts some holes in a target
ped

kraaash

ped

its laburnum kraaash it has a grain that like pearlescent paint changes when viewed from different angles
ped

quickster47 †

Quote from: Tater on March 28, 2013, 10:37:58 PM
Thanks. I don't think I've ever even seen a match level pistol.

Here is one, it is my older Feinwerkbau 103 Single Stroke Pneumatic.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus