What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Brent

Isn't that trap totally trick :) :) :-* :-*

I only was thinking of one as a possible birthday present so Braden could shoot with me in the garage when he got to be a better shot, and asked Barry what he thought. Can't take much credit for it really. He is the one that took it, and ran with it!! ;)

First it was going to be a little more carefully built... then it was going to be painted to make it more unique... then decided on black as the coolest color... then it was going to be lettered also. In that order ;) ;) :-*

Barry cut those letters out by hand with a scroll saw (and he was even taking time to look at, print out,  and deciding even on what font to use for them) - then he stained them. They look store bought... don't they!

I am only going to wrap it up when it gets here... but this birthday present is so going to be from Barry, to him. My present is going to be the duck seal, and helping him install it ;)

The best gifts in the world, are those that are hand made!!!! I cherish mine from Barry, and even like it better than Braden's... because it was Barry's gift to me personally.

My wife was kidding me tonight though when she saw it. She said to me- "he is going to think it is pretty cool you know... that his is prettier than yours!"
... and then she winked at me lol

ettolo

Cwlongshot

Quote from: bgmcgee on May 16, 2013, 06:09:37 AM
I hope he does that's what it's made for. I had to make it special,  just the way I am. ;D

:-* :-* :-* :-* AWESOME JOB BROTHER!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-*

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

BigErn

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on May 16, 2013, 05:33:11 AM
Wow!! Do you think he is even gonna use that thing? He might not wanna mess it up. Looks great!!!

For real!!!!

Davio

Wow!  That certainly is the Deeeeluxe High Speed Low Drag Sport Model.  Nice job!   :)
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

bgmcgee

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. A lot of credit goes to some of you because of the cool guns you have put together  I would have never thought about that color combination or for that fact of even making these traps to start with.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

onebaddj

I punched out the front barrel bushing on my air force condor and added a bleed hole under the hand guard all to. Quiet it down. I thought it was still noisy but my daughter and her friends couldnt hear it out side my bed room.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

Gippeto

I had tore down the 1701P and did some touch up work to the barrel. Finally had an opportunity to do some shooting with it this afternoon. Still room for improvement, but I don't think the barrel is an issue any longer. Some chrony work will be next on the list.

Results of the afternoons shooting. Five shot groups @ 10m benched. 3-9x32 bug buster.

A little pellet testing and then shot down from a fill with the two seemingly best pellets...looking for a sweet spot. Seems the 10.3 JSB's get the nod overall. Will try washing the CPHP and see how/if that helps.

And for reference...some before groups.

Soooo many things to tinker with on this pistol.....I'm loving it! :)

Al

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Davio

Wow!  Really nice nail driver you got going there.   :)

I am working on a new muzzle brake, but the first one of anything ALWAYS takes longer.  I'd be done if I had changman to hold my hand through the taper I am trying to do.  ;)
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

breakfastchef

The 1701P is performing well, Al. What barrel work did you do? Have you tried any quality wadcutters yet?
Larry

rangerfredbob

Wasn't working on an air pistol but it was a Crosman :)

Shot my Mrod today as seen in the middle of the above pic, first time I'd shot it out in the open and I now realize how quiet it is :), it's much louder when I stand in my back doorway... anyway, the ping/hammer is all you hear so I shot it down all the way to open up the chamber, while I was there I took out the gauge block to port it (didn't get a pic of that) and I think I doubled it's original volume hogging out the ends and the bore a little on the lathe, once I got that in I put a couple pieces of nice open cell foam spaced relatively evenly, I'll see if it helps the ping tomorrow, shouldn't have decreased the volume much being 30CPI foam...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Gippeto

Quote from: breakfastchef on May 20, 2013, 04:31:01 AM
The 1701P is performing well, Al. What barrel work did you do? Have you tried any quality wadcutters yet?

Polished a little burr out of the chamber/transfer port area... IMO was the reason "tighter" fitting pellets were not grouping as well as expected. Re-did the crown while I had it at the lathe, then ran a few patches with bore bright through. Pretty much everything I've tried except the Crosman "competition" wadcutters is grouping fairly well now. A few of those groups were three shots through the same hole before opening up...there's more potential yet to be realized. 8)

Don't have any other wadcutters to try...will include some in the next pellet order. Any suggestions for a good wad cutter?

Al

Crosshairs

Quote from: Gippeto on May 20, 2013, 02:50:23 AM
I had tore down the 1701P and did some touch up work to the barrel. Finally had an opportunity to do some shooting with it this afternoon. Still room for improvement, but I don't think the barrel is an issue any longer. Some chrony work will be next on the list.

Results of the afternoons shooting. Five shot groups @ 10m benched. 3-9x32 bug buster.

A little pellet testing and then shot down from a fill with the two seemingly best pellets...looking for a sweet spot. Seems the 10.3 JSB's get the nod overall. Will try washing the CPHP and see how/if that helps.

And for reference...some before groups.

Soooo many things to tinker with on this pistol.....I'm loving it! :)

Al
Nice shooting
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!