What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Gippeto

Quote from: Davio on June 13, 2013, 04:17:43 AM... but if the fittings are available and robust enough, why make them? 

To minimize cylinder head volume and keep mechanical compression ratio as high as possible....lower the CR, and the efficiency drops off fast.

Also, the automation went over my head.  Do you mean a pressure sensor shutoff, perhaps

A simple pressure regulator on the supply to the diaphragm is all that's needed to control max outlet pressure. "Automation" as in the pump cycles on its own.

crossliner

plinker99

after messing with my 760 & 2100, made flow through bolt probes, i'm finally getting back to my 1377.
  first, restore the function of the safety...i drilled out the safety spring & ball slot in the trigger frame to 1/8" & epoxyed a 1/8"o.d., 3/32 i.d. brass tubing.  i had to ream the inside of the tube slightly so the ball could move freely. i can now work on the trigger parts without worrying about the safety spring & ball popping out.  i had to cut off the ridge on the trigger frame cover that used to hold the safety spring & ball in place.
    now back to lengthening the sear & trying to make a 2 stage trigger.

more later,
plinker99
plinker99

Crosshairs

I just started a new project i'm waiting on a frame from BF but it's not a big problem i have frames here if i don't get one. I will be using two things i have never used on a build before. And just a small hint i will be using my last 2250B tube for this pistol.
                                      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

chongman

Quote from: plinker99 on June 13, 2013, 12:54:53 PM
after messing with my 760 & 2100, made flow through bolt probes, i'm finally getting back to my 1377.
  first, restore the function of the safety...i drilled out the safety spring & ball slot in the trigger frame to 1/8" & epoxyed a 1/8"o.d., 3/32 i.d. brass tubing.  i had to ream the inside of the tube slightly so the ball could move freely. i can now work on the trigger parts without worrying about the safety spring & ball popping out.  i had to cut off the ridge on the trigger frame cover that used to hold the safety spring & ball in place.
    now back to lengthening the sear & trying to make a 2 stage trigger.

more later,
plinker99

I'd like to see some pictures of the safety spring/ball tube when you get a chance.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

chongman

Made some pump arm pins (the ones that hold the forearm on the 13xx) from stainless steel for a buddy this morning.  I figured while I was at it, make a couple extra pairs and some trigger/sear pins also.

crossliner

Quote from: chongman on June 15, 2013, 06:28:22 PM
Made some pump arm pins (the ones that hold the forearm on the 13xx) from stainless steel for a buddy this morning.  I figured while I was at it, make a couple extra pairs and some trigger/sear pins also.

What is the exact diameter and length of the pump arm pins Mr. CM? Thanks.

WyoMan

Quote from: chongman on June 15, 2013, 06:28:22 PM
Thats a great idea CMan....the brass ones I use are soft enough they get mushroomed a little  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

bgmcgee

Tore the 1377 apart. Starting from scratch. Got a couple of special parts coming from a buddy here. Should almost be gauntlet worthy,  well the special parts are for sure. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

chongman

Quote from: crossliner on June 16, 2013, 02:43:38 AM
What is the exact diameter and length of the pump arm pins Mr. CM? Thanks.

These pins were made to specifications in regards to length and diameter for the shooter. If he wants to share the specs on his custom parts it's up to him, I just made some extra's in case.  All I have is a brand new, never fired 1377 so I don't know what a stock roll pins measurements are as I've not taken it apart  :D

bgmcgee

Quote from: chongman on June 16, 2013, 03:27:26 AM
These pins were made to specifications in regards to length and diameter for the shooter. If he wants to share the specs on his custom parts it's up to him, I just made some extra's in case.  All I have is a brand new, never fired 1377 so I don't know what a stock roll pins measurements are as I've not taken it apart  :D
That's. just not right having a stock pistol there and not tearing it apart. ;D
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mrb02334

AaronMB

FedEx came through for me after all, yesterday...  :-*

Should Crosman's Steel Breech kit for the .22 come with a shorter rear screw, like the .17 breech kit does?

I put a steel breech on my Backpacker.  It's an odd fit in the back, as cocking feels tight and it feels as though the hammer 'just' catches. It also random releases the hammer when pumping, dumping most but not all of the air.  Cock, pump, load, yes?

I'll break her down, inspect for anything obvious and put her back together.

edit: after some searching, it seems that the kit was short the necessary shorter screw. Dremel time.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Twain

arkmaker †

Sounds like the rear breech screw is a bit to long and crushing the hammer spring. Grind a bit off and check the length by looking at it in place without the tube cap on. It should only stick down into the tube about 1/8"
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

crossliner

Quote from: chongman on June 16, 2013, 03:27:26 AM

Taken care of now sir Mr. BGM has already pm'ed me thanks to both of you  :-*