What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

WyoMan

Quote from: 1377x on June 26, 2013, 08:13:49 PM
how bad was it hit?
they can be saved if its not to bad
my brass valve in my phase 2 1377 had the seat gouged by a bad brass valve stem. it would not seal to save my life. learned a trade secret now that same damaged valve is holding air like a champ and now it is using a new style white hat valve stem. doesn't have the power I was getting from the brass valve stem but still respectable
Bad enough that I had to tear it down twice when it wouldn't seal....thats the problem with a valve leak (complete teardown)
Might have tried to save it if it was brass but I have over 20 valve pieces parts in aluminum and I mix and match them to get the best fit with the tube...
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

WyoMan

Oops whats going on here?
Looks like I had to kill an evil check valve:

Or maybe its a mod to reduce inlet headspace  ???

Can't say everything now....more to follow....but it works if you like a 14 fps, 0.5 fpe gain  :)
Wyo

1377x

I have seen threads on that mod before. this is the first time I actually saw someone do it and post results
might have a stab at it since I have a few check valves laying around
closed mouths dont get fed

WyoMan

simple enough to do if you can get it lined up with the center, I heated the pin and just pushed it in about a 1/4"
Then pulled it out and super glued the pin and pushed it back in
cut the pin  so it was 1/16" short of protruding thru the inlet opening and polished the cut end
Testing now to make sure that it is secure......
Wyo

ped

i've always had a few issues with my as2250 that i've fitted hpa tanks to when you add the adapter, on/offvalve, tank and a butt plate the distance from the butt to the trigger always seems too long
i tried a crosmods adapter and the length is much better but with the bottle being inline with the main tube you really have to fit scope raiser blocks to get a good cheek weld or use a raised breech like the crosmods one
so today i 've had a few hours in the crosmaniacs lab aka "the shed" and come up with this shortened version and adapter
i've retapped the back of the front part of the 88g adapter block and fitted a shortened paintball adapter,ive still got to pressure test it yet but need to wait 24hrs for the sealer to cure(i'm also using a dowty seal aswell)
if this works i'm going to try to machine an on/off adapter to fit the crosman adapter block and do away with the paintball adapter not saving anymore distance but having the ability to shut the hpa tank off and still be the same length
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

breakfastchef

Quote from: ped on June 28, 2013, 04:05:03 PM
i've always had a few issues with my as2250 that i've fitted hpa tanks to when you add the adapter...

Watching this project with interest. The adapter modification surely made a difference in the LOP.
Larry

droid

Ped in the shed  ;)  (As confirmed on the UK forum)

Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

droid

Is that one of those Coalhouse breeches of the bay Ped ?
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

ped

it is gary there not bad but i found i had to do a bit of fine tuning on the bolt to get it lock down properly and it's got a spring and ball bearing in the probe to hold the bolt open ,i've had to nip the spring down a bit as it was pushing it off to one side and still needs a wiggle to line it up with the leade
i'm going to add another spring and ball at the back of the probe to balance it out
i've also found that the scope dovetails are a funny size and i'm struggling to find mounts that fit without cockling but apart from these little niggles its a well made piece of kit 
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

chongman

I started some valve work for a build today with some advice from Barry (bgmcgee).  The man graciously hooked me up with a disco valve to go with a Pro-Top. The valve blocks the air exit hole in the tube.  I was going to just file a flat where the red dot is but it was so much easier to just spin it in the lathe...less manual labor!

I turned down the valve retaining screw in my trusty cordless Dremel with a file.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

targettgii

Nice work on that valve Michael. :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

WyoMan

Thats looking pretty good CM I like that set up  :-*
Wyo

1377x

good job chong!
if you gun has the forward breech screw hole I think what you did would clear that hole too
closed mouths dont get fed

bgmcgee

Nice work Michael,  and that solves the forward breech screw from hitting the valve it that is what you are using.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

droid

Just stripped the dream gun this morning, added a custom SS P Rod hammer, kindly made by my mate Ped  :-*
While apart I treated it to a reblue, black rebolt kit (previously SS) and topped off with a new doofer.

www.ratbuster.co.uk