Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

ped

top work ern looks the dogs danglies
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

crossliner

Quote from: Davio on July 19, 2013, 04:57:52 AM
Beautiful trigger, Bigern  :)

I can see that was done by hand... and took a minute or three  ;)

Knowing the gent it's more like 3 hours  ;)

BigErn

Quote from: crossliner on July 19, 2013, 02:31:15 PM
Knowing the gent it's more like 3 hours  ;)

Thanks guys! Yeah 3 hours is about right Mr. CL. I really don't enjoy polishing triggers >:(. But it's worth it in the end.

Petrifiedwood

Wow some great CF Grip work in this thread! Chongman, those scale F1 seats are amazing. The tiny buckles on the harness... well very cool!

Mark5043

Here's some more pics of the grips I just made.Working on a pump arm now.I was pleased to get the fit right on the first set of grips I've ever made in my life.They fit the frame with no slop,and are rock solid in the hand. 8)

chongman

Wow  :o  The grips are very cool Mark!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Mark5043

Thanks Chongman.Working on a second set now...This half just out of the tank,rinsed,and drying.Better results than the first one's.Took a minute to figure out how to do it without distortion in the print.Just like Davio mentioned,not much activator is required for the film to glass out,at correct water temp.Too much activator,and the film will break apart,and slide off your work.

targettgii

Those grips look awesome Mark. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

BigErn

chongman

While my Prod trigger frame is traveling back from being powder coated I got to work on the trigger this morning.

I was surprised to find it was made from steel instead of the usual Crosman alloy. I worked it over with the Dremel tool and some sandpaper. Next I applied a couple of coats of cold blue until the trigger had a gray look to it, scrubbed it with baking soda to stop the bluing process, 0000 steel wool with oil, cleaned with acetone and applied EEZOX.

Hello Gauntlet II  :-\

BigErn

Quote from: chongman on July 20, 2013, 07:28:42 PM
While my Prod trigger frame is traveling back from being powder coated I got to work on the trigger this morning.

I was surprised to find it was made from steel instead of the usual Crosman alloy. I worked it over with the Dremel tool and some sandpaper. Next I applied a couple of coats of cold blue until the trigger had a gray look to it, scrubbed it with baking soda to stop the bluing process, 0000 steel wool with oil, cleaned with acetone and applied EEZOX.

Hello Gauntlet II  :-\

Beautiful chongman! That's a lot of work for just a trigger  8)

chongman

Each part must stand out on it's own  ;)

Mark5043

Excellent work on that trigger! :-*  Cold bluing can really look good,if done correctly,and you nailed it. 8)

bgmcgee

Nice work Michael.  The finished product is going to be way way nice by the way this one part looks.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"