What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

chongman

Quote from: 1377x on July 30, 2013, 06:15:26 PM
fished removing the casting marks on my grip frame and sent it off for refinishing. since its raining today might as well see what mothers will do for the tko1911 trigger

What color you going for ED?
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

Quote from: chongman on July 31, 2013, 01:54:26 AM
What color you going for ED?
plain black. i tried using colors and it doesnt sit well with me. just about everything i have is black.. almost sent the trigger with it. for some reason a red tko1911 trigger seemed like a good idea. in the end i decided to polish it since the gun its going on has a black and silver theme. thats one thing i will never do again. there are so many marks in the trigger it will take to long to remove all of them,not to mention how much material needs to be removed for a smooth finish. i left the face of the trigger alone, it has some bite no worries about the finger slipping
closed mouths dont get fed

BDS

Quote from: 1377x on July 31, 2013, 07:48:51 PM
plain black. i tried using colors and it doesnt sit well with me. just about everything i have is black.. almost sent the trigger with it. for some reason a red tko1911 trigger seemed like a good idea. in the end i decided to polish it since the gun its going on has a black and silver theme. thats one thing i will never do again. there are so many marks in the trigger it will take to long to remove all of them,not to mention how much material needs to be removed for a smooth finish. i left the face of the trigger alone, it has some bite no worries about the finger slipping

Good plan on the black Ed, somehow, these guns that show up now and then (for sale) with red and blue and other non-gun colors well..  :o you know  :D
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on July 31, 2013, 08:17:39 PM
Good plan on the black Ed, somehow, these guns that show up now and then (for sale) with red and blue and other non-gun colors well..  :o you know  :D
yeah! i know where my parts went and who bought them when i look around the forums
you know i treat my guns as tools and when they are pretty and shiny i dont want to use them,then they become art pieces. that doesnt work for

Mark5043

Today I did up a stock pump arm to match the custom grips I did.During prep for the dip tank,I changed the contours of the arm slightly,and wet sanded out that fake wood grain that I dislike so much,while leaving the stippling intact for proper grip.In my opinion you can't really pull off the right look if you dip the pump arms in CF film,with that cheesy wood grain showing through.I don't think it looks right.Once cured this one will be compounded out,and be smooth as glass. :-*

chongman

Dang that looks fine  :-*

I'm with ya on that fake wood grain under the cf, just doesn't seem right.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

Quote from: Mark5043 on August 05, 2013, 11:32:07 PM
Today I did up a stock pump arm to match the custom grips I did.During prep for the dip tank,I changed the contours of the arm slightly,and wet sanded out that fake wood grain that I dislike so much,while leaving the stippling intact for proper grip.In my opinion you can't really pull off the right look if you dip the pump arms in CF film,with that cheesy wood grain showing through.I don't think it looks right.Once cured this one will be compounded out,and be smooth as glass. :-*
looking good!
will it show good on a 2289 pump arm

QB78Guy

Wow that looks really nice, great job!

BigErn

Quote from: chongman on August 06, 2013, 12:28:38 AM
Dang that looks fine  :-*

I'm with ya on that fake wood grain under the cf, just doesn't seem right.

What he said  :D :D :D  It really does look awesome!

Mark5043

Thanks guys.I'm a dippin' fool lately.. ;D At Ed,I take it your referring to the texture underneath showing through?I've never actually owned or done a backpacker arm yet,but it seems to be the same texture of the 1399 stock if I'm not mistaken.In that case I would think if one decided to do a gloss top coat,they could just build up a few coats of primer,before base coating/dipping the part,and that would fill in the texturing on that particular pump arm.I'm sure Davio would know,as I see he dips a lot as well,and has done the backpacker arm.Doing that arm in say a semi-gloss,or a matte clear,as you'd do with a Camo,I think you'd be good to go.It's just when you get crazy with the gloss,and polish,that any underlying texture would likely show up in detail.By the way I got my butt chewed out by the wife today,because I jokingly suggested we dip one of her favorite lamps in CF...If looks could kill,I wouldn't be writing this. :o ;D

1377x

Mark5043

Trophyhunter49

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Mark5043

Thanks guys. :)I've been having way too much fun with the hydrographics lately,and waiting on some different films.Also I plan on playing around with different color base coats,as well as blended color base coats to achieve some really nice effects,especially with the Camo's.I've got an idea for some winter Camo custom work,that will have a blended multi color base.Subtle,but the effect should be really nice.