What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

bgmcgee

Well got the spinner target done and did some playing around with it today.It's still in one piece  :-* Seems to work good gives you good feed back on good hits.  The better the hit the faster the carts spin. Shot at it with the 1377,bnm2240. and my Bluestreak.  The Bluestreak puts a hurting on the carts at 8 pumps  ;D
Here is a video I hope it works. First shot is the Bluestreak,  not a great hit only 5 pumps
Next shot is the 1377 at 10 pumps again not the best hit then the last shot is the bnm2240.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJXEWHqUrEs&feature=youtube_gdata_player]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJXEWHqUrEs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Noah

Very cool, Barry!

What was that music playing in the background? Very psychedelic  :o
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

soolio

Trophyhunter49

I like it,thats neat.  Great job on it

bgmcgee

Thanks guys it's something different than shooting paper for sure. Hey Noah if you are talking about the song that comes on towards the end of the video it's Incubus "Megalomaniac" . Got's to have some tunes going when I'm playing with the pellet guns. I grab my mp3 player and my little Foxl v2 speaker and shoot away. Here is a link to that little wonder it just amazes me how well this little thing sounds.
http://www.soundmatters.com/index.html

BigErn

Quote from: bgmcgee on August 11, 2013, 03:42:44 AM
Like I said still a work in progress. Not to sure about the tires, wheels and tow hitch but still a possibility. ;D  Did a little shooting to get me some more empties. Also made me a drilling jig too, got to K.I.S.S. you know. Still needing at least one more cart and then we shall see if it works or falls apart. :-X Picture of the jig and cart are just mock up not going to drill into a full cart if you know what I mean. :D

That's a great idea!! Might have to do something like it sometime.

bgmcgee

You should Big E . It's pretty addictive trying to get the best hit on them to really get them spinning.

BDS

Quote from: bgmcgee on August 12, 2013, 04:20:03 PM
You should Big E . It's pretty addictive trying to get the best hit on them to really get them spinning.

BG: Get some rubber cone washers that tightly fit the rod diameter your carts are on, they will act as spacers to keep the carts spinning in their own "orbit" or position on the rod. Just place e'm about 1/8" away from the cart on each side  :-*
Brian

bgmcgee

What I did was cut some copper tubing spacers that fit between the carts. They seem to do the trick. I used some rubber grommets on the outside to keep the rod in place so they kind of find their own space.

BDS

Brian

soolio

Quote from: bgmcgee on August 12, 2013, 05:02:03 PM
What I did was cut some copper tubing spacers that fit between the carts. They seem to do the trick. I used some rubber grommets on the outside to keep the rod in place so they kind of find their own space.
Quote from: BigErn on August 12, 2013, 04:10:36 PM
That's a great idea!! Might have to do something like it sometime.

BG, what size drill bit did you use to drill the cartridge hole on the jig?

bgmcgee

right
Quote from: soolio on August 12, 2013, 07:01:24 PM
BG, what size drill bit did you use to drill the cartridge hole on the jig?
I used a 3/4 forstener bit. I guess I spelled that right ;D. I'm pretty sure any 3/4 bit would work though.

soolio

agninja

I'd been wanting to do "something" with the skeleton stock on my 2289 for a while now, but couldn't figure out what. Then I recently discovered paracord wrapping and ended up putting about 50 feet on it. I call it the "Ninja Wrap". It can easily be taken off if needed. The knot is just inside the front end of the wrapping. Gives the stock a little more bulk and it does feel better against the cheek. Fortunately Hobby Lobby had desert camo paracord in their selection and it matches nicely with the paint job I already had on the gun.
Black air pistols matter.