What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

bgmcgee

Very nice Baz.  Looks like a good one. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

T191032

"What work did you just do?"

Working on building two new Silent Pellet Traps.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

targettgii

I just made a silent pellet trap the other day.I filled a cardboard box with a bag of rubber mulch I got for $2 from Walmart works great no pass thru either.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

vertguy

A couple key parts arrived today so I was able to swap in my 14 in .177 barrel, BFD barrel band and o-ring style pivot pin. Now I heading to the basement to see how the new set-up shoot.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

bgmcgee

Quote from: vertguy on September 24, 2013, 02:44:59 AM
A couple key parts arrived today so I was able to swap in my 14 in .177 barrel, BFD barrel band and o-ring style pivot pin. Now I heading to the basement to see how the new set-up shoot.
Cool deal Gonna need pics and range report or like it has been said before "it didn't happen"  ;D

vertguy

Quote from: bgmcgee on September 24, 2013, 02:48:31 AM
Cool deal Gonna need pics and range report or like it has been said before "it didn't happen"  ;D

Oh yeah... posting pics and details in my build thread.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

rangerfredbob

Last night I worked on my Benjamin 312, was made in 1962. It was in my recent craigslist score, was missing the pivot pin so you couldn't tell if it worked or not, so I made a pivot pin (3/16" stainless rod cut to length), took some 0000 steel wool and oil to it (was already missing all it's original finish, and the patina wasn't even), took some steel wool to the stock (was rough, but finish was fine) and adjusted the bolt seal. It holds air pretty good, very minor leak but I put it up to 10 pumps over night to see if that would help, someone had been in it fairly recently for a reseal as the piston seal was rubber instead of leather, pump cycle isn't as efficient as there is a lot of head space in that style seal. The rubber pump cup was loose but very pliable so I stretched the outer ring to seal better, when I started it would barely pump up, now it seals very well.

Anyway, another gem in the lot :), it's not going anywhere just like the Blue Streak, 140, 1400, 130, and both 180's :)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

1377x

just for kicks and giggles i added a set screw to the top of a stock plasctic breech. it turned out pretty good despite it was done freehand
the barrel stays aligned ,no shifting,rolling zero slop
imo a mod worth doing if you are going to be using the plastic breech for a while

closed mouths dont get fed

Trophyhunter49

Just came in from three hours of trigger time. Squirrel season opens here in the mornig and I can't deside on which AG to use.  O so many and not enough of me to go around LOL  ;D ;D I guess I'll figure it out in the morning.

BDS

Quote from: 1377x on September 27, 2013, 10:39:53 PM
just for kicks and giggles i added a set screw to the top of a stock plasctic breech. it turned out pretty good despite it was done freehand
the barrel stays aligned ,no shifting,rolling zero slop
imo a mod worth doing if you are going to be using the plastic breech for a while

Good one Ed  :-* That solves the problem for guys who want to use those barrel clamp scope mounts, as long as the scope is not too big/heavy?
Brian

ped

i've just recently bought gary's custom stocked 2260 even though gary packed it extremely well our "extremely efficient and carefull" parcel farce managed to break the trigger blade of the marauder trigger unit
so after a call to ASI the crosman importer for the uk  i found that they didn't carry any spares at all so my only choice was to make one heres my attempt i've beefed it up considerably around the area where the original broke which i feel is a bad design
i've since polished it up and fitted it to the action i'm using but might have to make a mk2 version that is a bit longer
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

bgmcgee

Wow awesome work there Ped. :-*Definitely an improvement.

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

arkmaker †

That's a great job!  :-*

Let 'em try and break that one! Won't happen :)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

Been trying to dial in the BSA red dot on the Dragon this morning ... POI keeps changing ?
well one set was I was running low on co2 ...  but it must be the red dot ?
mount is solid ...   any other ideas ... has always been spot on. Well I guess It could be
a dirty barrel ... * guess I am thinking out loud *  :)
Kevin
Albany, New York