What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

WyoMan

Looks good woody  :-* ....also looks like my work area the same stuff I use  ;D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

bgmcgee

Nice shooter there Woody. :-* Always good to have1 .177 in the stable to have some cheap shooting fun.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

ped

started making a couple of bits for my new 13xx build a stainless bolt handle made from an old 5/16 bolt and a flat top piston made from an old air valve(shown in pic)
not really happy with the slot in the piston as the only 4mm end mill i could find was nearly cream crackered i'll probally mill it 6mm them use spacers to take up the slack
i've tried to incoporate a felt oiler in the piston wether this is needed i don't know as none of the other pistons i've seen have one
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

1377x

the felt oiler doesnt help imo, thats why crosman stopped using them on their stock piston
a delrin ring seems to be the common replacement for the wipe.
my flat top piston is a phase 1 760 piston. it has the felt but i rarely use it
closed mouths dont get fed

bgmcgee

Good looking parts there ped. :-* Seems that somehow I have turned into the airgun go-to guy here. ;D. My sons friend that gave me the Sears gun brought over a gamo springer that he said wouldn't shoot right.  All that it needed was a good barrel cleantand better scope. I had a leapers mini swat that I was going to use on the Chinese beeman sitting here so I put that on the gamo. It pretty much drives nails with h&n barracudas.  Shot those 10.6 grain pellets at a consistent 750+fps and was blowing holes through3/4" plywood. Next up is a rws springer that he says shoots ok but has been sitting for awhile.  Looking like I am going to need a spring compressor soon. :P. Anyways he didn't want the Sears gun back so that's a plus and he also told me he can get airguns at dealer costs too. Could be a work for guns kind of deal here. I'm starting to have fun here. :-*

ped

cheers ed i knew you'd know if the oiler was worth fitting
cheers bg parts aren't brilliant but as they were made from recycled bits i'm reasonably happy the bolt handle is know where near as good as what michael makes and the flat top might be remade when i get some brass stock and some new cutters but for now i'll fit it and see how well it performs,going to do the valve tonight and give it a test
as long as you enjoy doing it bg its fun but sometimes if your doing lots of work for others it becomes a chore one of the reasons i very rarely make parts for anyone but myself
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

K.O.

Quote from: 1377x on October 21, 2013, 08:46:50 AM
the felt oiler doesnt help imo, thats why crosman stopped using them on their stock piston
a delrin ring seems to be the common replacement for the wipe.
my flat top piston is a phase 1 760 piston. it has the felt but i rarely use it

Being new here I am hesitant but I respectfully  disagree

The piston/cup needs lubed (it also helps seal) and not only does the  oiler/wiper provide longer intervals between the need to oil, it provides consistency.

One drop of oil then five shots with my 2100b  and each pellet dropped 1/8"-1/4"  from the last...

this review also states how quickly the   2100b falls off...

I am pretty sure the reason is the lack of a wiper/oiler.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2012/01/crosman-2100b-multi-pump-air-rifle-part-2/
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

1377x

thats fine but in my case the cup stays lubed i drop 2 drops in probably every 1000 pumps. dont oil again until no lube shows. none of my o-ring style pistons had an oil wiper they stayed lubed just like my cup piston only the o-ring wears faster but that problem has been solved.
this is my experience and as we all know experience varies with these guns and shooters. my 2100 rarely needed lube also. i pump very slow so the gun doesnt heat up or wear parts faster. when i used to pump fast the lube would turn black dont know what that is debris melting o-ring idk ???
my cup lasted about 3-4 years with lot and lots of pumping and very little oil.

rangerfredbob

The other day I fixed up the Crosman 1400, it was missing the pump linkage, and the piston cup was done... So I took some 1/8" by 1/2" flat bar and cut it to length and drilled the appropriate holes at the end, the pivot hole at the pump arm was wallowed out so it got drilled to 1/4" and a new pin made from 1/4" SS rod, to make mushrooming the ends easier I drilled shallow holes in from each end, worked well. For the piston, I didn't want to wait for parts so I chucked some 5/8" aluminum in the lathe and made an O ring conversion piece like the Mac1 design just out of aluminum, loctited it in place then adjusted the piston length. The thing works great now, the only thing it needs is screws and a ramp for the rear sight, just need to find some 3/32" aluminum and I'll make a ramp, hoping to find screws locally so I don't have to make or order them.

I also just resealed the Blue streak on Saturday, haven't been home with daylight since I did that to shoot it, but it holds air nicely now.
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

bgmcgee

Sounds like you have been busy there rfb.Cool work. :-*

arkmaker †

Quote from: ped on October 21, 2013, 07:25:55 PM
cheers ed i knew you'd know if the oiler was worth fitting
cheers bg parts aren't brilliant but as they were made from recycled bits i'm reasonably happy the bolt handle is know where near as good as what michael makes and the flat top might be remade when i get some brass stock and some new cutters but for now i'll fit it and see how well it performs,going to do the valve tonight and give it a test
as long as you enjoy doing it bg its fun but sometimes if your doing lots of work for others it becomes a chore one of the reasons i very rarely make parts for anyone but myself
ped

Looks good! Don't forget to oil the linkage.  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

Quote from: rangerfredbob on October 22, 2013, 06:21:52 AM
The other day I fixed up the Crosman 1400, it was missing the pump linkage, and the piston cup was done... So I took some 1/8" by 1/2" flat bar and cut it to length and drilled the appropriate holes at the end, the pivot hole at the pump arm was wallowed out so it got drilled to 1/4" and a new pin made from 1/4" SS rod, to make mushrooming the ends easier I drilled shallow holes in from each end, worked well. For the piston, I didn't want to wait for parts so I chucked some 5/8" aluminum in the lathe and made an O ring conversion piece like the Mac1 design just out of aluminum, loctited it in place then adjusted the piston length. The thing works great now, the only thing it needs is screws and a ramp for the rear sight, just need to find some 3/32" aluminum and I'll make a ramp, hoping to find screws locally so I don't have to make or order them.

I also just resealed the Blue streak on Saturday, haven't been home with daylight since I did that to shoot it, but it holds air nicely now.
that i would like to see
any pics?

rangerfredbob

Of the O ring adapter? no pics, it looks just like the Mac1 version except I kept the stock aluminum washer on, and mine is aluminum, presses on the stock aluminum stub with a little loctite, just like on a 13XX there is minimal space in front of the O ring for reduced head space (I didn't measure how far). I'll try to get pics of the gun tonight of what I can. Might tear into the 312 tonight and see what I can do about that pump cup... maybe do like I did on the 1400...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

crossliner

Stainless and brass endcaps for my UK muzzlebrake  :) Sorry for the lousy phonecam pics..