What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

KevinP

Quote from: crossliner on October 23, 2013, 01:45:00 PM
Stainless and brass endcaps for my UK muzzlebrake  :) Sorry for the lousy phonecam pics..

WoW ... looks nice !!!   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

crossliner

BDS

Your pics are quite good actually. No camera likes the "herringbone" background, especially digital cams, they get "confused".
Brian

WyoMan

Quote from: BDS on October 23, 2013, 04:00:51 PM
Your pics are quite good actually. No camera likes the "herringbone" background, especially digital cams, they get "confused".
moire confused  ???  ;D  Nice additions Mr CL  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

crossliner

Thank you sirs..Better pics but the brass looks silver like ss..I am going to have the brass version shortened as it's heavy..The ss version is much shorter..Had them made for $4 each labor and mats tip included  :-*

Cwlongshot

Didn't ''do'' it yet...but I'm ordering parts for the 2200 for a rebuild!  :P :P

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

Bazmati2020

Just fitted high sports match mounts on my LGV, eye relief and no paralax issues immediately, phew that better  :-*

BDS

BAZ: Is that LGV all that it's claimed to be by the Walther folks?
Brian

Bazmati2020

To me it's very accurate (more than my TX200), is smooth and quite (more than my TX200) the barrel lock is rock solid, a real clunk as it shuts.

Stock is nice but not as nice as TX which was lovely grain.  Bluing is good (TX200 was wonderful, deep, dark and shiney). 

It's still early days as only half a tin through it, but I am hoping it can only get better as it's run in.

There are lots knocking it on some forums, but not sure how many have actually shot or owned.  All I can say is my expiriance so far is very positive.  :-*

BDS

Right then... have noticed the "knocks" type reviews, can't quite understand them given the quality and price and internal design efforts by Walther.

Give us a range report soon? and... how quiet is it compared to a doofer on a co2 gun?
Brian

arkmaker †

Finished up some lathe work on some long overdue muzzle brakes for quickster and crosshairs. Still need a little mil work done and then I will finally be finished. (Mill was being used)

Then I made a 13xx hammer for the 1701P trigger mod out of stainless.

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bgmcgee

Nice Rich. That hammer is almost to pretty to hide inside the tube.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

WyoMan

That's a very nice hammer Rich  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

arkmaker †

Yep, the OD will end up scratched anyway, but I figured since I was polishing the angle anyway, why not the rest of it. My feedrate across the OD was nice and slow with a large radius tool, so it looked pretty good to start.

Now the question remains....will it work?? ??? ;)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bgmcgee

Well you can send it here and I'll test it out for you.  ;D. I'm pretty sure it will work perfectly.  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"