What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

bgmcgee

Now that's the Big E gun we all love. Very nice Ernesto.  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

woody67

Whoooaaaa! Thats a big build, definitely hpa worthy!

targettgii

Great job as usual Big E wouldn't have expected any less. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

KevinP

That is  awesome ...  what scope is that ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

ped

nice ern :-* how do you rate the folding stock ?
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BDS

Brian

BigErn

Thanks guys!!! @ Kevin it's a Simmons 3X9X32 AO .22 Mag scope, great deal on Amazon. It was like $48 and it's crystal clear even at full magnification  :-*  @ Ped I like the folding stock but it does have a small amount of play as I suppose all folding stocks do. It was cheap but I like it. I might remove the flashlight, maybe too much  :-[  I will take better pics when I go to my parents to test it out.

crossliner

Fantastic build Mr. BE I like it  :-*

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Cwlongshot

I pulled the M-Rod apart...

Its a used gun and altho I have been able to track down the original owner and the guy he sold it to. Some stories differ...  One guy says de-pinger the other says de-bouncer...  Well I did not pull the air chamber apart as it has some pressure. I did change the main spring to a 10# spring and it HAS the de-bouncer installed. BUT I did not get the installer OR any tools so after rounding up the appropriate wrenches I made a new screw for the hammer. (I removed the de bouncer) The ''tune'' he had was hammer screwed all the way in and the center pin short as possible.? Strange tune I think... Its also missing the safety set screw for the power adjust...

Good thing I haven't ordered the de-gasser yet. Looks like I need some other parts too!!  :P :P :P

I also mounted the scope.. looks like the med rings UTG I ordered from optics planet are delayed. (I REALLY need to order form PA exclusively!!) SO I used a set of HI rings... NOT my favorite. ;) But its mounted!

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

arkmaker †

Nice CW.......have not even thought about looking inside mine yet (well, I thought about it, but....). As it is set up by Quickster and from shooting last weekend, I am happy with it just as it is....even the trigger, which surprised me because Carl likes the trigger so very light!!  ;D

I'm hoping to run it over the chrony this weekend and see how many flat shots I get from a fill of 3K down to 2400.

Will be interested in your numbers if you run them. I'll post mine in the gallery when I can. I'm thinking that curiosity will get the better of me at some point in the near future and I'll just have to experiment with the settings. Also, still debating upon a 22 barrel and bolt for more FPE

Rich

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

breakfastchef

I did a very modest modification to a Mellon Power Adjuster. I like the sleek, uncomplicated design and the lack of an adjusting knob sticking out the back. The one thing that bugs me is the adjusting screw tends to migrate while shooting. Not much, but I like things to stay put. I drilled and tapped for an 8-32 SS set screw to hold my preferred setting. Simple stuff.

Larry

HappyHunter

Nice job! :-*

I've had to do that to all my PA's too 'Chef, for exactly the same reason >:(

It's not my idea (just copying it :P), but I snip a small piece of weed wacker line and put it in the hole first, then the set screw. This way I don't mash the threads on my PA when I lock 'er down. You can even back off on the set screw just enough that you can still adjust the PA but it won't move on its own ;)
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

arkmaker †