What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

1377x

Finally got around to making some changes to my phase2 and phase3 1377's the 3 is now ready and awaiting an   
ac piston , the 3 is now back to a stock Powerplant.
closed mouths dont get fed

BDS

Quote from: 1377x on December 24, 2013, 09:22:30 PM
Finally got around to making some changes to my phase2 and phase3 1377's the 3 is now ready and awaiting an   
ac piston , the 3 is now back to a stock Powerplant.

Are you getting any shooting time in Ed?
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on December 24, 2013, 10:13:29 PM
Are you getting any shooting time in Ed?
not yet. As soon as the piston i ordered from ac comes in then I'll get some trigger time in. I'm
going to regulate my stainless 2260, hopefully it goes down to 12ft# from 50ft# so i can finally shoot it too
Workinmanva made a nice rear cocking hammer assembly that has a long range power adjuster on it and the cocking knob can be changed to a lighter one, so i think it will be possibe, it was a good investment

airriflenut

Quote from: 1377x on December 24, 2013, 10:34:47 PM
not yet. As soon as the piston i ordered from ac comes in then I'll get some trigger time in. I'm
going to regulate my stainless 2260, hopefully it goes down to 12ft# from 50ft# so i can finally shoot it too
Workinmanva made a nice rear cocking hammer assembly that has a long range power adjuster on it and the cocking knob can be changed to a lighter one, so i think it will be possibe, it was a good investment

Ed, you've mentioned before about your 50 fpe 2260 and I'm curious.  I may have overlooked more about it in previous posts, could you give me more info on it if you wouldn't mind sir?  Is it PCP or HPA?  You can PM me the general info if you like so it doesn't clutter up the posts.  I really like the 2260 tube platform so any info I can gain on it would be helpful for a future build.

Thanks,
Sterling
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

1377x

Quote from: airriflenut on December 25, 2013, 11:08:59 AM
Ed, you've mentioned before about your 50 fpe 2260 and I'm curious.  I may have overlooked more about it in previous posts, could you give me more info on it if you wouldn't mind sir?  Is it PCP or HPA?  You can PM me the general info if you like so it doesn't clutter up the posts.  I really like the 2260 tube platform so any info I can gain on it would be helpful for a future build.

Thanks,
Sterling
heres the thread
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,9470.msg109046.html#msg109046
i just made some major changes to it 2 days ago. dont know what the power rating is now or how accurate it is
the workinmanva valve was swapped out for a daq valve, 14.5" ,22 barrel is now on it so is the hi-rise bluefork breech, a marauder trigger group is now on it the marauder pistol trigger group is now on my phase 3 1377, the 1399 stock was swapped out for a 2260 stock.
can't wait to test it!!!

Ryan

Hi guys,

How do you remove the blueing in a Crosman steel breech and the grip fame? I am thinking of making a blinky 1377. I saw some very shiny and smooth grip frames in the gallery. They look like they had been nickel plated. Are the pot-metal grip frames capable to be sanded to a real smooth finish?Tia

BDS

The "blueing" is more likely black-oxide if it's a Crosman brand steel breech. Here is a good article from a cabinet maker about stripping b-ox from cabinet hardware, it's all bare steel underneath so, the same process applies for your breech. (note, this comment applies to the more current Crosman steel breeches, many vintage Crosman products were actually blued, and Brownells makes products for stripping the blueing)

As for the 22XX and 13XX frames, they are zinc-alloy castings that are painted. Use paint stripper, and NOT any of the HCA products (hydrochloric acids) and follow up with simple green and the wire wheel for any stubborn areas. The zinc-alloy won't ever match the coloration or true blueing of the barrels or steel receivers and doesn't react well with most DIY cold blueing products.
Brian

Ryan

BDS,

Did you overlook to attach the link on the hardware de-blueing?

BDS

Brian

vertguy

Just installed a cheap dot scope on my Vigilante and with my otherwise poor eyesight, it made a huge difference. I managed to go through 3 carts in no time!
PC77
FX Verminator .22

breakfastchef

New furniture for the Alecto...

Larry

BDS

Now that's a pistol, nice Larry..
Brian

droid

Nice grips Larry  :-*

Me, I just fitted my P-ROD grip frame using the new style plastic grips for now.

Just waiting for the top end now. (Custom .25 cal)
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

BigErn

Quote from: breakfastchef on December 27, 2013, 10:13:34 PM
New furniture for the Alecto...

Wow  :-\ :-\ :-\  That is a REALLY nice gun Larry  :-*  I love those Alecto pistols, specially the one with the extended barrel.

crossliner

Quote from: BigErn on December 28, 2013, 12:57:00 AM
Wow  :-\ :-\ :-\  That is a REALLY nice gun Larry  :-*  I love those Alecto pistols, specially the one with the extended barrel.

Me too..They should make a stock for it like them Crosmans.