What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

HappyHunter

Thanks Al...for everything!  :-*

Pretty sure I wouldn't even be attempting this if it wasn't for you and Sean (SMP) guiding my way! ;). I'm actually going to Sean's place later on this week or next for some "hands-on" tutoring and also giving Radocy a try.

On a side note - I still haven't forgot about my .25 LW bbl/bolts...will try to get them on their way this week provided you are still interested/have the time?  ???
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

ped

nice set up todd look forward to seeing your results
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

breakfastchef

To Happy Hunter: I am sure you came across robert's post on the Yellow today about rust bluing...http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1388330968/There+is+one+method+that...

On to my latest accessory attachment. This is my last Crosman mod for a while. An M. Chavka wire stock fitted to the 2320KT. The Ultradot was mounted further forward so it would be easier to use with the stock attached. I have the pistol turned up to @7.5 fpe. I have no idea why I need that much thump or why I purchased the wire stock, but it is fun to shoot nonetheless.

Larry

targettgii

That's a sweet looking shooter Larry. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

bgmcgee

Looking good there Chef. :-*
Oh, I think I know why you have it turned up. Because you can! :D
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BigErn

Quote from: breakfastchef on December 29, 2013, 06:47:17 PM
To Happy Hunter: I am sure you came across robert's post on the Yellow today about rust bluing...http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1388330968/There+is+one+method+that...

On to my latest accessory attachment. This is my last Crosman mod for a while. An M. Chavka wire stock fitted to the 2320KT. The Ultradot was mounted further forward so it would be easier to use with the stock attached. I have the pistol turned up to @7.5 fpe. I have no idea why I need that much thump or why I purchased the wire stock, but it is fun to shoot nonetheless.

That's a beautiful pistol  :-\ :-\ :-\

HappyHunter

Now THAT is sharp! :-\

As for...
QuoteI have no idea why I need that much thump or why I purchased the wire stock...

C'mon now...do we really need a valid reason for doing the things we do to our guns? ???
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

bgmcgee

I didn't really do any airgun work so to speak.  I did use my old tool box for a dedicated shooter storage device. I got my dad's snap-on box so I put my tools and junk in it and am filling my old box up with airgun paraphernalia.  :-*

imag

green shot

screen shot on pc

breakfastchef

Quote from: bgmcgee on December 29, 2013, 09:43:29 PM
I didn't really do any airgun work so to speak.  I did use my old tool box for a dedicated shooter storage device. I got my dad's snap-on box so I put my tools and junk in it and am filling my old box up with airgun paraphernalia.  :-*

There comes a time when you just need dedicated storage. I made my own storage box just to hold my tools, salves and such.

Might be a fun thread for all of us to show off our tool and pellet organizers.
Larry

bgmcgee

That might be a good one Larry.  Plus it might give some ideas on new ways of storage.

cherokeesteve

Had a night vision monocular for awhile, picked it up for night hunting. Not the greatest unit but works well on clear, moon lit nights. Wanted some head gear to hold it at eye level and free up hands for shooting. Most units I've come across charge $75 more for the monocular with head gear vs. monocular alone. I decided I could make something myself. Used the head strap from an old welding helmet I had, some aluminum bar stock, and a few strategically placed zip ties led me to a functional set up. Make slots instead of holes for any bolts to allow for adjustments that may be needed if you do the same. Set yourself up in front of a mirror with the head gear on and hold the bar stock as close to mounting locations as possible. Make some decent decisions on where bends need to be made and mark with a sharpie. Made bends simply clamping in vise and some elbow grease.
I'm like a lactating mother...I don't mind pumping

1377 w/green dot/laser, 2240 modded, T4 modded, 2289 modded, M4-177 modded, 2400 KT in CO2 and HPA.

cherokeesteve

1377 w/green dot/laser, 2240 modded, T4 modded, 2289 modded, M4-177 modded, 2400 KT in CO2 and HPA.

bgmcgee

Pretty cool :-* Looks like some strategically placed padding might be necessary. 

breakfastchef

Nice helmet. Seems like zip ties are like duct tape; lots and lots of uses for them.

Having never used night vision gear before, how do you shoot a gun with that contraption over your eyes?
Larry

cherokeesteve

Quote from: breakfastchef on December 29, 2013, 11:31:43 PM
Nice helmet. Seems like zip ties are like duct tape; lots and lots of uses for them.

Having never used night vision gear before, how do you shoot a gun with that contraption over your eyes?

Well sighted in laser. Also nice feature using the welding helmet head strap is the whole mount can be flipped up 90 degrees to move monocular out of way if needed. Padding is there on forehead area and the head band adjusts very nicely from being able to open up a lot to being tightened down very securely. Wear it over a stocking cap or backward baseball style cap to also make more comfortable. The welding helmet strap made for a nice set up.