What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Tater

Very cool set-up Steve. Let us know how it works for hunting.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

crossliner

Quote from: breakfastchef on December 29, 2013, 06:47:17 PM
To Happy Hunter: I am sure you came across robert's post on the Yellow today about rust bluing...http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1388330968/There+is+one+method+that...

On to my latest accessory attachment. This is my last Crosman mod for a while. An M. Chavka wire stock fitted to the 2320KT. The Ultradot was mounted further forward so it would be easier to use with the stock attached. I have the pistol turned up to @7.5 fpe. I have no idea why I need that much thump or why I purchased the wire stock, but it is fun to shoot nonetheless.

How do you like that MC wire stock Mr. BFC? Is it really well made up close and is it more ergonomic than the Crosman 1399 stock? Regards.

P.S. PO will be open after  New Year.

breakfastchef

Quote from: crossliner on December 30, 2013, 12:09:01 PM
How do you like that MC wire stock Mr. BFC? Is it really well made up close and is it more ergonomic than the Crosman 1399 stock? Regards.

Stock is very well made. I may buff it out to match the polished barrel. It has an integrated pressure adjuster, too.

As with most wire stocks there is not much of a cheek weld, depending on your choice of optics. That the butt stock is lowered give this stock a huge ergonomic advantage over the 1399 stock. LOP is also much better than the 1399, for me.
Larry

ped

looks nice larry my preference is for wire stocks that are angled slightly about the same angle as the as2250xt bottle adapter which i have used in the past
started work on a free standing target block at present i've only made the targets and pivot bar but needs some more braces as when i tried it with my .25 the central bar deflected a fair bit
i'm planning on having them as knockdowns with a pull cord reset as opposed to swingers ,i'm also planning a set of knock down plates for a pistol when i decide which rapid fire pistol i like, a paper target pellet trap and a few swingers
i may even try to make a running boar type target for the top
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

HappyHunter

Very nice start, Ped. Should get many years of use out of that one! :-*

And what is that I see in the background sporting shiny new intake pipes? Single or twin turbos? Must have more info! :-X ;D
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

BigErn

Quote from: HappyHunter on December 30, 2013, 10:06:33 PM
Very nice start, Ped. Should get many years of use out of that one! :-*

And what is that I see in the background sporting shiny new intake pipes? Single or twin turbos? Must have more info! :-X ;D

X2!

ped

it's my dads s type tvr well whats left of a tvr its got a lexus v8 and auto box which we've shoe horned in(i had to cut the chassis in half widen it and remake most of it) twin skyliner turbo's which will give about 550hp in a roller skate
most of the body has been modded to a more modern look as has most other parts inc nas car brakes
if i go into work tomorrow i'll take some better pics if people are intrested
ped

BigErn

Quote from: ped on December 31, 2013, 12:14:00 AM
it's my dads s type tvr well whats left of a tvr its got a lexus v8 and auto box which we've shoe horned in(i had to cut the chassis in half widen it and remake most of it) twin skyliner turbo's which will give about 550hp in a roller skate
most of the body has been modded to a more modern look as has most other parts inc nas car brakes
ped

I would like to see more  :-*

WhiteHot

Quote from: HappyHunter on December 29, 2013, 04:20:26 PM
Once I get some pieces done I will start a new thread in the "Off Topic" section showing my set up, procedure and results. :-*

Creative looking setup. Looking forward to your thread.

crossliner

Quote from: breakfastchef on December 30, 2013, 03:53:02 PM
Stock is very well made. I may buff it out to match the polished barrel. It has an integrated pressure adjuster, too.

As with most wire stocks there is not much of a cheek weld, depending on your choice of optics. That the butt stock is lowered give this stock a huge ergonomic advantage over the 1399 stock. LOP is also much better than the 1399, for me.

Thank you.

HappyHunter

Quote from: ped on December 31, 2013, 12:14:00 AM
ped

Oh, yes please!!! :-\

550 hp you say?...In that?...Fun!!! 8)

Want a co-pilot?  :D ;D ;D
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

ped

i'm not planning on driving it todd bikes were my speed fix now i'm quite happy with my land rovers nice and steady
ped

droid

Quote from: ped on December 30, 2013, 09:37:51 PM
looks nice larry my preference is for wire stocks that are angled slightly about the same angle as the as2250xt bottle adapter which i have used in the past
started work on a free standing target block at present i've only made the targets and pivot bar but needs some more braces as when i tried it with my .25 the central bar deflected a fair bit
i'm planning on having them as knockdowns with a pull cord reset as opposed to swingers ,i'm also planning a set of knock down plates for a pistol when i decide which rapid fire pistol i like, a paper target pellet trap and a few swingers
i may even try to make a running boar type target for the top
ped

That is sick !

Ped you really are a mad scientist in that workshop  ;)
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

ped

Quote from: droid on December 31, 2013, 11:27:49 AM
That is sick !

Ped you really are a mad scientist in that workshop  ;)
cheers gary  :D
ped

BDS

Quote from: ped on December 31, 2013, 09:40:47 AM
i'm not planning on driving it todd bikes were my speed fix now i'm quite happy with my land rovers nice and steady
ped

:D ;D You know you have reached the "golden years" when you choose the Landy over the hot-rod! ;)
Brian