What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

mudduck48

I just spent 1 1/2 hrs filling down a steel tube I found in my garage to make a tool to remove the nut on my phase 1 357 valve. Just to find there in nothing in there but a flat plastic seal. Crud! I was hoping for o-rings like my pumpers so I could fix this thing. I have a new phase II that blew out the CO2 on the 3rd cart I put in it.  It's broke now too. I'm about ready to send my 38T to Dennis Baker or BnA or Mac1 to get it fixed. I guess I'm just not a CO2 repair guy. :( :(
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Old Dog

Quote from: josixpack on June 05, 2014, 05:30:24 PM
I swapped out my 18" barrel for a 24" and replaced my UTG Compact Bug Buster scope with a Leapers 4x32 and modified a 2289 pump arm as a cheek rest.

Here's a pic.

That pump arm cheek rest looks like it was designed for it, LOOKIN GOOD all together!!!
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

breakfastchef

Quote from: crossliner on June 05, 2014, 02:35:07 PM
Had my 2400KT breech and tube reblued...

First class all the way, Richard. Quite jealous at how inexpensively you are able to have work like that done.
You are pretty much the 'king of the blues' while Droid wears the crown as the 'king of the brass'.
Larry

Davio

Quote from: josixpack on June 05, 2014, 05:30:24 PM
I swapped out my 18" barrel for a 24" and replaced my UTG Compact Bug Buster scope with a Leapers 4x32 and modified a 2289 pump arm as a cheek rest.

Here's a pic.
Love it!  Nice move!   :)
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 05, 2014, 09:34:47 PM
I just spent 1 1/2 hrs filling down a steel tube I found in my garage to make a tool to remove the nut on my phase 1 357 valve. Just to find there in nothing in there but a flat plastic seal. Crud! I was hoping for o-rings like my pumpers so I could fix this thing. I have a new phase II that blew out the CO2 on the 3rd cart I put in it.  It's broke now too. I'm about ready to send my 38T to Dennis Baker or BnA or Mac1 to get it fixed. I guess I'm just not a CO2 repair guy. :( :(
I have a 454 that I have ALMOST given up on,BUT I'm to hardheaded to do that just yet!! I know you are the same way!! So hang in there DUCK !!!

mudduck48

At least with the pumpers, you remove this and remove that and you can get to the valve. With the CO2 guns, it is a whole nother ball game. I might try to fix this  thing, but if it still take a poop, it is going into the archives.  :D

Trophyhunter49

targettgii

Crossliner the bluing on those parts look awesome.

josixpack that build looks nice.

Duck don't give up on that valve.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

mudduck48

You know, it's not so much fixing the valve, if I can get the parts I can fix it. It is taking the revolver apart with all of the springs and stuff and trying to get back in working order. I guess I just need to jump in and do it. If it don't work, sell the parts on ebay and start over. No big deal, it's only money and I can find another phase I 357. But I have a really nice 38T I need to get working. That is why I'm messing with the 357 to get my feet wet on revolvers.  :-*

Trophyhunter49

Ihave a 38T and there is a lot more in there than I thought there was!! Its setting on a shelf for now but I'm GOIN to tear into it one da !!!!

Flex

Since completing the basics on my 2240 mods to make a .177cal, long (18") barreled pistol with a shoulder stock, I'd been thinking on how to upgrade the sights in a way to keep up with the other enhancements.

Up until now, I had been using the stock (plastic) rear sight that I had modified to fit the dovetailed notch at the rear of the steel breech. Using it in the peep sight mode, I found it to be quite accurate but I just wanted to class it up a bit. My first thought was the Crosman LPA MIM sight (~$40). After reading a thread RE: inexpensive rear sights, I considered ordering the parts to mount up the Williams sight system used on the Benjamin Discovery (? $$ but I've read it's comparable to the LPA MIM cost wise). I also considered some of the rear sight units used on some of the Crosman break-barrel springers as well as those on the generic Chinese springers. All still have potential as I like to keep my options open.

Yesterday (Thursday) while out on the "Garage Sale Trail" (they start early around here) I spotted a satin silver scope on one of the tables. I had kind of decided to NOT scope this build since I think that many of the scopes that folks put on air guns significantly exceed the gun's capabilities. Not trying to say that an individual can't do exactly as they please with their creations nor to say that I haven't done so myself, but really, a 4-9x 40mm scope seems like a bit much for a gun used to shoot at targets <100 ft distant. But I digress :-[.

Anyway, this particular scope, a Nc Star 2.5x 30E was labeled as a pistol scope. I noticed immediately that the eye relief was considerable. I thought that I just might be able to set it up in the "scout mode" on my hybrid.  The 2.5x magnification would be just about right for typical shooting distances. They wanted $10 but I got it for $8. OK, I think.

Once home, I checked it out closer and did a bit of research. Turns out that most don't think it's much of a pistol scope BUT thought it would work great as a scout set up. Good for me.

I had a set of 1" rings for 11mm dovetail mounts and mounted it up last night. It's not perfect but I think that I will be able to make it work. Here are some pics:

A proper mount is limited by the length of the dovetail atop the breech and the dimensions of the scope itself. Basically, I need to make some additional mods. What do you folks think? Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

Flex

Quote from: pump-n-dump on June 06, 2014, 09:28:43 PM
Looks good and compliments the brake.
Actually, I took the muzzle brake off of my 2289 to compliment the scope ;)! I also have the nickel colored bolt handle but didn't think to switch it out for the "photo-shoot" ???. Kinda hard to see but I also "re-bolted" with SS bolts. The trigger is merely a stock one with the paint polished off.
I may have to get one of those dovetail to Weaver adaptors that will allow me to mount the scope even more forward. that will involve a new set of rings unless I can do some "creative swapping" between some of my other set ups. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

Old Dog

The color contrast between the brake , scope , trigger is even more interesting when one views the carts in their holder on the stock also bright, just for fun polish some expended carts and use them when taking photos of your cool build, a job well done...

THANKS for sharing :)
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

Trophyhunter49