What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

BigErn

Quote from: crossliner on April 02, 2015, 03:52:55 PM
Put o-rings on the threaded portion for a cleaner look..

This Crosman I have put this ATI cheek rest on is one of my most accurate guns, it has a 24" barrel w/c I bore-polished.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,13470.0.html

Nice work everyone! Crossliner a metal sleeve would be nice ther too instead of the o-rings but great idea Sir  :-*

Monkeydad1969

I still want to convert my QB78 into a .30 beast...anyone have any advice?

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

tinker

Quote from: Monkeydad1969 on April 07, 2015, 02:59:08 AM
I still want to convert my QB78 into a .30 beast...anyone have any advice?

Joe

You can get a QB PCP tube from Don Dothran.  It's a start.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: tinker on April 07, 2015, 03:19:15 AM
You can get a QB PCP tube from Don Dothran.  It's a start.

Glen

I was wondering if he made tubes for the QB.  Do you know for sure and has he quoted you a price yet?

Then I would need valve work or a new valve.  Then if I could get it to cock on the open and not the close...and...
Joe
Aurora, CO.

tinker

Joe,

Anthony R posted on yellow about Don making QB tubes. 
Here's the link:  http://www.network54.com/Forum/113813/thread/1423951044/Aluminum+QB+Tubes

Cock on open isn't too hard to do.  I can do that if you like. (Modify the hammer)

Maybe nervoustrigger can do a valve up for you.

Almost there!
Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Davio

Quote from: Tater on April 06, 2015, 05:31:26 PM
@ Davio - Did you have to do any difficult mods to instal the 9oz. tank on the QB? Reading some of Jason's detailed posts on GTA makes me scared to try it if I ever got one of those guns, just not sure if you guys are modding the same model gun.
The QB79 is ready for the 9 oz tube.  No modding required.  :)
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

ped

re-profiled a raised breech i got off one of the uk breech makers as it was too chunky
i've run a chamfer bit down each side and chamfered the loading port
as this was made as a lefty for a pistol with a hollow probe i've made a new bolt from brass with a stainless pin tip and a bent bolt handle then milled the breech to allow it to be either left or right handled
as i wanted to fit a band i've used a bnm shrouded one but had to lower the breech by a couple of mill(i have found since that i have a couple of shrouded bands from bnm that have different centers) to make it all line up
i also bored it out to take a 12mm fx barrel and did the leade and port in the barrel
also made some brass parts for my mk1 that i'm going to make into an ld
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Old Dog

This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

BigErn

Quote from: ped on April 07, 2015, 11:48:35 AM
re-profiled a raised breech i got off one of the uk breech makers as it was too chunky
i've run a chamfer bit down each side and chamfered the loading port
as this was made as a lefty for a pistol with a hollow probe i've made a new bolt from brass with a stainless pin tip and a bent bolt handle then milled the breech to allow it to be either left or right handled
as i wanted to fit a band i've used a bnm shrouded one but had to lower the breech by a couple of mill(i have found since that i have a couple of shrouded bands from bnm that have different centers) to make it all line up
i also bored it out to take a 12mm fx barrel and did the leade and port in the barrel
also made some brass parts for my mk1 that i'm going to make into an ld
ped

Ped that gun looks seriously badazz!!!

ped

getting there Ern only doing a few bits on it till i get some parts to finish off some builds i started a bit back
i've got an idea for a completely new valve front so as my ally bar stock has come i may do a bit more on it
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: tinker on April 07, 2015, 06:03:45 AM
Joe,

Anthony R posted on yellow about Don making QB tubes. 
Here's the link:  http://www.network54.com/Forum/113813/thread/1423951044/Aluminum+QB+Tubes

Cock on open isn't too hard to do.  I can do that if you like. (Modify the hammer)

Maybe nervoustrigger can do a valve up for you.

Almost there!
Glen

Thanks, Glen.  I may have my .30 QB sooner than I expected.

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

crossliner

Quote from: BigErn on April 06, 2015, 05:46:57 PM
Nice work everyone! Crossliner a metal sleeve would be nice ther too instead of the o-rings but great idea Sir  :-*

You are right Mr. BE I did consider that but I have already found another 2" ss bolt replacement that is threaded only halfway..I will have it lathe-cut and redone and once installed only the threadless portion will be seen so no need for the o-rings..I will have it done tomorrow  :-*

mudduck48

I got brave today and took my 38T apart to try to fix it. I got the valve out and noticed the nuts were loose. The more I looked at the parts diagram, the more I could see that I do not have the parts to fix this thing. So, I tightened the nuts on the transfer tube and put it back together. And yes, I sacrificed another cart to see if I did any good. PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. That cart dumped sooooooooooo fast. Rats!!! Need to order parts now and try again. :P :P   
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

bgmcgee

Not all is lost. Atleast you know how to tear it down and get it back together. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"