What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

quickster47 †

Rich I really like your sticks and may have to borrow your design.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Thanks MD  :-* yes, been having fun with the Titan at about 18 yards. Burning through the pellets. Time for another pa order!!

Carl,
You can make it as fancy of plain as you desire. I put a sketch I. The titan thread to get anyone who wishes started. For the longest time, mine were just a 1x2x8' cut in half with a but an bolt. I used a rag in the V. The refinements came recently. But truth is, it only looks better and the tightening knob is a real plus.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,16675.msg216733.html#msg216733
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

RinCG

Rich,
These sticks are looking very marketable!
I use long Primos Trigger Stiks modded to "short". I wish I'd have had your sketch quite a while back. Cost savings alone would be worth it. Ergonomically, once the bucket height is set, sticks need a narrow range of adjustment. The mods you've been tweaking the sticks with are nearly perfect. I might suggest something like this(if it has been mentioned before my apologies) a "simple" eccentric cam clamp instead of the knob. 

arkmaker †

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Trophyhunter49

:) been down in the shop most of the day ! Been reloading some 9 mms. Just 460 of them ! ;D ;D ;D They want last long once my youngest son finds out that I have them ! :D :D Well it gave me something to do sitting in tha AC! ;) ;)  Been to HOT to shoot here! Heat index today was 101 F. To hot for this old man any way ! ;D ;D ;D ;D

arkmaker †

I hear you about the heat. I just came out of the shop. It has cooled down to 91 now. Before I started the fan, it was 99.8 in there!!!

I think I have about 1k of 9's and another 2k of 38's loaded up. I ran all the brass I had before leaving Florida. I need to do some shooting so I can reload again......before I forget how  ;D

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: arkmaker on June 25, 2016, 02:50:09 AM
I hear you about the heat. I just came out of the shop. It has cooled down to 91 now. Before I started the fan, it was 99.8 in there!!!

I think I have about 1k of 9's and another 2k of 38's loaded up. I ran all the brass I had before leaving Florida. I need to do some shooting so I can reload again......before I forget how  ;D
:D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mudduck48

Did you forget how to ride a bicycle? You forgot how to reload 38spl? Get a grip. :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Tommy

Made another thirty shots with my stock 2240 at paper targets to adjust the peep sight.  Went with the peep sight first since that is the one that was up when I received the gun.   After thirty shots this 2240 changes the sound of the shot as the co2 cart starts to empty. At shot thirty five up to forty there is a visible drop at the target and almost worthless to shoot a pellet.  The last two shots of forty sometimes fall to the floor off the cardboard box full of newspaper I use for a target backstop.   
After six co2 carts and using a chair back for a steady rest the peep sight is making consistent shots at paper targets.   Next I will come up with a better steady rest to see how close I can group shots.   

mudduck48

Now you know why they call it a 2240. 22cal, 40 shots. ;)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

arkmaker †

Quote from: Tommy on June 25, 2016, 04:05:48 PM
Made another thirty shots with my stock 2240 at paper targets to adjust the peep sight.  Went with the peep sight first since that is the one that was up when I received the gun.   After thirty shots this 2240 changes the sound of the shot as the co2 cart starts to empty. At shot thirty five up to forty there is a visible drop at the target and almost worthless to shoot a pellet.  The last two shots of forty sometimes fall to the floor off the cardboard box full of newspaper I use for a target backstop.   
After six co2 carts and using a chair back for a steady rest the peep sight is making consistent shots at paper targets.   Next I will come up with a better steady rest to see how close I can group shots.

That's the fun of it!! Keep having it. I usually stop at 30 with a stock valve. My 2250 only gets 25 sure shots, while my 1740 can hang in there to 45 before poi drop at 10M. They all vary a little and dependant on what you do to them.
Rich

Trophyhunter49

RinCG

LOL ...it's only slightly better in Minnesota so you ain't alone!
got back a bit ago from helping my step daughter move. At age 20 she hasn't figured out that honest to goodness junk is totally replaceable. You can pick it up curbside anytime. After Five hours of loading/ unloading Sh...tuff that could've been done in 15 minutes if she just gotten a 20 yard dumpster, I'm done doing anything for the weekend. Best part is in just a few weeks, can do it all over again. Kids! 

Seatec

Built a new stock and handgrips for my 2240 - fiberglass.
Did not like the design of the plastic stock so came up with a new design.
Hand grips were not the right shape, so built new ones.
I have built a lot of things from fiberglass and take moulds off them to reproduce .
Just a fun project to build things you can't buy.

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York