What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Monkeydad1969

Good job, Craig.  Now I just need to get my 1322 to you for the same treatment.  ;)

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

tinker

(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

CraigH

Thanks, guys!  If you have a 13XX that "needs" it, Joe, I can probably get it done by the end of the year, based on how long this has been in progress.   :D    With poor vision I was rather hesitant for some time to set up and drill the work.    :)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Monkeydad1969

Hey,

We still have to meet up.  Just let me know.  I am road worthy again:

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

mudduck48

Nice ride. There goes your pellet gun funds. :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

arkmaker †

Close to finished  :-*

* Original 2250B Tube
* 18" .22 Crosman Barrel
* Crosman Long Steel Breech (rear screw location)
* Nice Vintage Crosman Powder Coated Black 2-screw Trigger Frame
* Custom Stainless Steel Safety Pin - (Aluminum Anodized Black coming soon)
* 1399 Crosman Stock and Forearm with barrel band
* Custom Davio Boss Valve.  (will be switched for stock 2240 valve soon)
* Crosman Black Bolt Handle
* Crosman .22 Black Bolt
* Disco Endcap modified Power Adjuster with Black Delrin Spring Guide (aluminum pictured)
* Disco Spring (works well with the PA and current installed valve)
* Custom Stainless Steel Fluted Striker with SS Pin
* Custom Shop Trigger Shoe.  Anodized Black.
* Custom 3/4" Ported muzzle brake. Anodized Black.
* Screws are all after market button & flat heads  (because this just makes sense)
* 4x16 Hawke serves as icing on the cake. (6x Bug Buster Compact coming soon)

Well, I don't have to tell anyone that my favorite carbine is the 22xx platform, do I? So when I got this 2250B tube from Carl, the idea was to build a completely stock 2250. One thing happened, then another and before you know it the only thing left stock on this shooter was the tube!

Then I fell into a couple of trades. And sitting in front of me I had a nice 2-screw trigger frame, an 18" barrel and steel breech and most of the parts to rebuild this carbine back to a very close to stock version of the now defunct Crosman 2250B! A wonderfully light and accurate airgun that still leaves me scratching my head as to why Crosman only offers this in the  Custom Shop 2400KT version anymore? Oh well, they do make millions, while I make pennies :-)

Accuracy is great for a .22 Crosman barrel. I still want to try a few different brands of pellets, but for the most part, I was the cause of not putting pellets on top of one another. See pic for what this puppy is capable of!  I choked on the money shot in Group #2. These are all 5 shot groups (except for the site in group). With the Boss valve, I was averaging 536 fps over 20 shots. I did change out PA's and got I've 30 good shots on this cart. Rare for this valve, so I may now be shooting a bit softer than the 536 fps. I'll set up the chrony next time I shoot and see where I stand. I'm down to 4 carts already, which means I've been shooting a lot over the hotter months! A very good thing indeed :-)

Update: cranked up the PA one turn. Now getting an average of 545 fps with the 16.44 AA's. Hitting 555 fps with CR Pointed and 565 with Daisy wadcutters. I am pretty much out of .22 pellets, so more testing will have just have to wait a bit. Funny thing is that I got 35 shots out of the first cart before falling below 535 fps with the AA's. Each shot after 35 was dropping about 25 fps. When this valve drops, it drops very noticeably!! POI dropped 3/4" each shot. So, the good thing about this valve is you know immediately when its time for a new cart.

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

arkmaker †

And one more that is in the works!

* 2400KT Custom Shop Tube.                                                                           
* 10" .177 Barrel re-crowned and polished ramp.                                       
* 2240 Valve - light spring and modified & polished exit port.      (coming soon)
* 4-1/4" Bull Shot Aluminum Breech. Anodized Black.                               
* NcStar 2.5x Pistol Scope.                                                                               
* Custom Shop Trigger Frame.                                                                         
* Custom Grips & Forearm.     (being made now)                                                                           
* Brass Safety Pin.                                                                                                 
* Brass Ball Bolt Handle.                                                                                     
* Crosman .177 Brass Bolt.                                                                                 
* Brass Power Adjuster.                                                                                     
* SS Custom Transfer Port bored to .120".                                                   
* SS Slabbed Side Striker.                                                                                   
* Brass Target Style Trigger Shoe.                                                                   
* Brass 7/8" muzzle brake.                                                                                 

I had a good .177 barrel, so I decided to go for another good shot count target pistol in the 2400 platform.  I'm very happy with the outcome so far. I'm hopeful that accuracy is close to my 1740 which has a LW barrel. Shot count and velocity will be tweaked to be comparable as well. I know this barrel, so getting the spring adjusted right will be the key to keeping the spread low. Right now I have a steel valve in it. I think this was made for higher pressure hpa, so its leaking with co2. As soon as I get a new 2240 valve I can start the fun of tweaking it.

Note: valve on its way from Crosman!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Tommy

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: mudduck48 on November 15, 2016, 05:34:02 PM
Nice ride. There goes your pellet gun funds. :P

Thanks.  It's more for the wife...she drives it way more than me.

Thank the pellet gawds I'm in good with Predator Int. for my ammo.   :-* ;) 8)
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Monkeydad1969

Man, arkmaker, you've been busy.  Nice shooters.

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Old Dog

Rich, you are the man, great builds going on, Thanks for sharing :-* :-* :-*

Bill :)
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

mudduck48

Looks like you have a winner there. What are you going to use for sights? ???
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

arkmaker †

Thanks
I have another pistol scope in mind  :-*

BillK

Great builds Rich.  I agree that the 2250B carbine is a wonderful platform.  And the 1740 is one of the best target pistols.  I do like what you have done with them.  Love that brass!
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II