What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

I extend the slot that the sear comes through 1/4 inch and I've never had any trouble.  :)
Stranded in California.

beejwest

In the hammer? It's solid in my case...
Full blown Crosmaniac.

Quote from: beejwest on November 30, 2016, 05:30:58 AM
In the hammer? It's solid in my case...
The slot in the tube, not the hammer.  :D
Stranded in California.

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

JMJinNC

I just finished making a dedicated rear stock for the LW66. This one is for the kids - I machined away the back of the grip so they can get their thumbs around easier. Did some shaping, then painted it satin black.

Also made a dedicated "big" rear stock for myself that is not adjustable for LOP.

Comparing the grips

Profiled area. Actually broke through, but no sharp edges.

JMJ

John

ped

much easier for the kids to use now Jim I bet
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

CraigH

Really like that mod to the 1399 stock!    :-* :-* :-*
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

KurtM

Very cool to see alright. I'd like to know more about those sights - what type would you call those, and who made that set? Assume it's a peep sight for target shooting from a bench? What's the white plastic (I'm guessing) strip hanging off the eyeball end?

I think I'm falling in love with peep sights lately. I've always wondered, and nowadays more than ever, why we don't see them more often?
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas

JMJinNC

Kurt, those are aperture sights. Front sight also called a globe sight. These guns are for 10m freehand shooting.

These are Daisy/Avanti sights. I made the front sight insert myself.

The plastic piece is a blinder so you can shoot both eyes open, with the non-aiming eye looking at the white shield. Picture shows it in "stored" position.

These pictures show set up for shooting.

John

JMJinNC

Also made a revised buttpad for the rear stock. Idea came from biathlon guns with adjustable shoulder and armpit extensions. Shown below my 1377 carbine, next to the LW66.

JMJ
John

Pete236

Another strip down of my E9a to try and find why it dumps the CO2 out of the barrel as soon as I cock and fire with a new capsule:(
One fine day in the made of the night, two dead men got up to fight. Back to back, they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other.

beejwest

Is there a seal on the face where the cart meets the valve?
Full blown Crosmaniac.

ped

valve stem seal is fubar'd if it's leaking out of the barrel or the brass sealing ring is damaged
is it the cartridge valve or the soldered valve

Pete236

Quote from: beejwest on December 21, 2016, 09:41:50 PM
Is there a seal on the face where the cart meets the valve?

Yes there is, an orange coloured seal. I've tried with both the new (from TW Chambers) and the old but with no luck.
Quote from: ped on December 21, 2016, 09:44:17 PM
valve stem seal is fubar'd if it's leaking out of the barrel or the brass sealing ring is damaged
is it the cartridge valve or the soldered valve

It's a cartridge valve.  I've had the valve apart, cleaned lightly lubed and reassembled and it's no good.
Will keep my eyes open for another valve as there is evidence of pliers and mole grips having been used.
One fine day in the made of the night, two dead men got up to fight. Back to back, they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other.

ped

you'll just need the stem and o rings
not sure if anyone has the valves in stock in the UK seems a few are looking to reseal eb pistols but are struggling to get parts
you might be able to retro fit a 22xx stem in place of the benjy one as they're very similar but without pulling a valve out of one of my eb's I couldn't say for definate