I'm so damn happy I could just ..... (pics)

Started by Tater, October 28, 2012, 09:49:53 PM

Cross Pistol Packer

Great grouping,those Chippers are going to take you of there Christmas card list :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

BDS

Finally!  :D

You are on your way to Crosmania  :-*
Brian

Tater

I really appreciate all of the tips and answers to my noob questions from everyone while getting this far.    :-*

It's gonna be a loooong winter waiting to be able to leave the back door open for hosp and chippers.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

i leave the back door open even in the winter.i get most of my dispatching done during this time.no leaves on the trees to hide the target tree rats are more desperate for food so they are taking bigger chances
i have yet to see a rabbit but im usually inside by the time the sun goes down and that seems to be the time they come out
closed mouths dont get fed

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on October 29, 2012, 09:36:09 PM
i leave the back door open even in the winter.i get most of my dispatching done during this time.no leaves on the trees to hide the target tree rats are more desperate for food so they are taking bigger chances
i have yet to see a rabbit but im usually inside by the time the sun goes down and that seems to be the time they come out

I have squirrels here but can't shoot the (townhouse). I can really only get hosps and chipmunks and the chippers are gone until spring. I can only shoot the hosps as they land on the porch or grass in back and this summer they finally caught on that the open door means trouble. I can still get them but I have to leave the door open for a half hour sometimes.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Crosshairs

Looking good tater I love the red dot you installed very nice shooting soon you will be useing a dime to cover that group.
     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Tater

Quote from: Crosshairs on October 31, 2012, 01:58:08 PM
Looking good tater I love the red dot you installed very nice shooting soon you will be useing a dime to cover that group.
     Mike

Thanks Crosshairs, after some practice and some new glasses I hope to.
I still hope to break it in on a hosp before it snows too.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Tater

Update:

I attempted a trigger tune today and after struggles (lost the ball, didn't have the right tools/grease) I finally finished and put it back together. This included polishing trigger and sear, adding a nylon washer to each side of the trigger and sear pins, white lithium grease on contact points and a .22 shell inside a lighter spring.
I closed it up and pumped it and it worked....for one shot. Now, the trigger stayed depressed and won't reset unless I push in the safety on and then back to off. Anyone know what could cause this? I'll post a pic soon.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

the washers are to thick!!!
and the side plate is too tight
try loosening the side plate and see if it makes a difference
try a metal washer on one side and a nylon on the other with the side plate tightened
closed mouths dont get fed

Trophyhunter49

I had the same promble , took my nylon washers and sanded them down some !  What are you calling hosps and chippers?

Tater

There was a metal washer already under the trigger pivot pin but I replaced it with a nylon on each side so I will change that. The metal washer that was there was not flat at all and bent like a Pringle.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Trophyhunter49

I don't know for sure but I think it's called a spring washer , to keep side presure on the trigger

Tater

Double post.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Tater

Does the metal washer need to be flattened (I assume) or is it supposed to be bent?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on November 11, 2012, 03:49:46 AM
I don't know for sure but I think it's called a spring washer , to keep side presure on the trigger