Started by 7624452, November 03, 2012, 07:40:29 PM

KevinP

Quote from: 1377x on November 04, 2012, 04:21:00 PM
and i thought you was going to say an aftermarket barrel
crosman qc at its finest ;)

7/16 is .4375

the 2240 is .436

the 2400 is .439

I did not take the TKO off the 2240 nor the muzzle brake on the 2400 to measure at the crown ...

I'm sure it could be different at that location ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

1377x

well its not too bad but definitlely makes a difference
has anyone measured the LW barrels?
closed mouths dont get fed

JEBert

Quotehas anyone measured the LW barrels?
Got one in front of me.  My calipers say it is .435, in several places but without taking it out of the long steel breech nor taking the MB off of it.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

cmj21973

Quote from: JEBert on November 05, 2012, 04:39:03 AM
Got one in front of me.  My calipers say it is .435, in several places but without taking it out of the long steel breech nor taking the MB off of it.
Cheers,

Barrel from LW or Crosman?
LW website states stock size is .630 dia.
http://www.lothar-walther.de/455.php

1377x

Quote from: JEBert on November 05, 2012, 04:39:03 AM
Cheers,
thanks measuring!
im going to measure mine in the am

Quote from: cmj21973 on November 05, 2012, 05:41:52 AM
Barrel from LW or Crosman?
LW website states stock size is .630 dia.
http://www.lothar-walther.de/455.php

my LW barrel is no where near that size but i think its a larger od compared to jbert's barrel mine is a very tight fit in the A Storey LDC i have havent tried it on the stock 2240 barrel tey i'll do that also

JEBert

I bought it on a used CCS 2300KT from another member.  Are there different LW barrels?
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

cmj21973

Quote from: JEBert on November 05, 2012, 07:11:07 AM
I bought it on a used CCS 2300KT from another member.  Are there different LW barrels?
Cheers,

I don't know.
It's possible that Crosman might order their LW barrels at a different barrel diameter than LW stock barrels.

I think I found the answer from a link that I previously posted.
http://www.marmotmilitia.com/lothar-walther-airgun-barrels-for-m-rod-and-p-rod.html

1377x

my lw barrel came from droid.i have no idea where it originated from,maybe droid can give more details on it
i can tell you this it has a target crown on it well i think thats what its called.its recessed with a thin lip around the edge of the barrel,like the crowns muzzlemack and the .25 marauder barrel have

Fronzdan

I have an LW direct from Crosman and can measure when I get home.  But it can't be far off from the OD of the regular Crosman barrels.  I noticed no difference when mounting to a Crosman steel breech or fitting a TKO on it.

The crown is clean and precise, but nothing like what Ed is describing.  Its basically flat.  So that one was probably a custom LW that Droid had.

1377x

i wish i had a picture if you have seen the muzzlmack crowns and the crowns on the .25 marauder barrels its the same crown as they have
i'll see if i can dig up a reference pic.found one this is the type of crwn on my marauder .25 barrel and lw barrel.i like these crowns wish all my barrels had them

these are so close they are about the same

Well, I got it stuck again.  Even with the sanding I cannot get it off the second time.  I just broke the wood block I made so I will wait until I feel like making another.  I sent an email to the guy that sells it and he replied that he cannot do email because he types too slow.  I think I will probably buy a LDC made of metal next time.
Stranded in California.

Fronzdan

Nice!!  That's not how the LW from Crosman looks. That's how the LW on my Talon looks though. The OD on the Crosman/LW is 0.434", so it's slightly smaller than standard barrel.

cmj21973

Quote from: 1377x on November 05, 2012, 09:57:09 PM
i wish i had a picture if you have seen the muzzlmack crowns and the crowns on the .25 marauder barrels its the same crown as they have
i'll see if i can dig up a reference pic.found one this is the type of crwn on my marauder .25 barrel and lw barrel.i like these crowns wish all my barrels had them

these are so close they are about the same

Last barrel better be a PB or 1377x airgun is dieseling something awlful! ;D

1377x

Quote from: cmj21973 on November 06, 2012, 05:47:44 AM
Last barrel better be a PB or 1377x airgun is dieseling something awlful! ;D
;D ;D ;D
the 1st and 3rd are pb's
.22lr-1
.17hmr-3

Quote from: Fronzdan on November 06, 2012, 04:01:51 AM
Nice!!  That's not how the LW from Crosman looks. That's how the LW on my Talon looks though. The OD on the Crosman/LW is 0.434", so it's slightly smaller than standard barrel.
the crown on my m-rod .25 barrel looks like the 2nd and the LW crown looks like the 3rd
i'll get home tomorrow since i have errands to run and take some pics

Moderators, could you please change the subject to "Show me your barrel and I'll show you mine"
Stranded in California.