Rear sight for Crosman steel breech

Started by 7624452, November 16, 2012, 09:48:42 PM

Bill L.

Seems to have the LPA in stock---

http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-a-4385.html

I have never bouhgt from them so I don't know how good thay are.Here is one in the UK---

http://www.sdcustomdesign.com/parts.htm
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

droid

Hi Bill, SD Custom are showing them but have no stock.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

KevinP

Quote from: Bill L. on December 17, 2012, 09:48:32 AM
Seems to have the LPA in stock---

http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-a-4385.html

Crosman LPA MIM Rear Sight, For Crosman Guns with a Steel Breech    $44.95    1    In Stock    Unknown
Kevin
Albany, New York

1377x

pyramyd took the lpa off their sight from the looks of it
closed mouths dont get fed

Quote from: 1377x on December 17, 2012, 01:02:51 PM
pyramyd took the lpa off their sight from the looks of it
Pyramyd shows current ETA of 7 Jan 2013.
Stranded in California.

Quote from: KevinP on December 17, 2012, 12:35:11 PM

Crosman LPA MIM Rear Sight, For Crosman Guns with a Steel Breech    $44.95    1    In Stock    Unknown
They did not have any in stock as of 8 Dec.  I had an unpleasant experience trying to order from them.  The price was $34.95, they have now raised it to $44.95.  As far as I can determine, the marketing people have no way of determining what is in stock in their warehouse.
Stranded in California.

I have also been unable to find an appropriate set screw.  The one that comes with the sight is just barely long enough.  I think filling the slot is a good idea - I'll try to find something to accomplish that.
Stranded in California.

Bill L.

I think I will try this folder.It might work well with my big scope.Just flip it up when I take the scope off.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/365177/marbles-69w-windage-adjustable-folding-leaf-sight-360-height-steel-blue

1377x

Quote from: 7624452 on December 17, 2012, 09:49:36 PM
Pyramyd shows current ETA of 7 Jan 2013.
can you post a link i cant find it
closed mouths dont get fed

fivestar45

Bill L...That flip up sight is for a 60deg dovetail. The OEM Crosman breech cut for the LPA sight is about 72-74 deg's. So be prepared to do some dressing to the breech dovetail. Let us know how it works out for you.

The LPA MIM is now available at Crosman.  I just made a phone order and they added it to my order (part#2300-010).  I told them that they were not available when I ordered a custom 2300.  The web site shipping charge was almost sixteen dollars, so I passed that up.
Stranded in California.

BDS

Quote from: fivestar45 on December 18, 2012, 02:57:56 PM
Bill L...That flip up sight is for a 60deg dovetail. The OEM Crosman breech cut for the LPA sight is about 72-74 deg's. So be prepared to do some dressing to the breech dovetail. Let us know how it works out for you.

With the no-recoil 22xx guns these sights are going onto, how about installing with a dab of silicone RTV to take up a lil space in the 72 deg dovetail? It can be wiped clean/flush with the receiver surfaces while still un-cured, and disolved/pushed-out later if the sight needs to come out?  After all, we are only talking a few degrees over a very shallow area? :-*
Brian

Bill L.

Quote from: BDS on December 18, 2012, 10:44:15 PM
With the no-recoil 22xx guns these sights are going onto, how about installing with a dab of silicone RTV to take up a lil space in the 72 deg dovetail? It can be wiped clean/flush with the receiver surfaces while still un-cured, and disolved/pushed-out later if the sight needs to come out?  After all, we are only talking a few degrees over a very shallow area? :-*

That might work or mybe JBweld.If not I have a  mill ;).

BDS

Quote from: Bill L. on December 18, 2012, 11:29:05 PM
That might work or mybe JBweld.If not I have a  mill ;).

JB Weld? Yikes!

Go with the silcone RTV, I would hate to try to bang that sight out of it's slot once the JB weld is there  :D  (or do you mean fill and machine back to 60 deg?)
Brian