P-rod rough frame

Started by josey88, November 17, 2012, 08:21:34 PM

josey88

Some pics of the frame out of the Oven :

The frame was very rough by the front of the grips (first pic) and inside the trigger ring , on one spot there was a mountain(literally) of material ... I had to use the Dremel to get it out . You can see (second pic) that now,  it is smooth .

crossliner

Quote from: josey88 on November 19, 2012, 04:26:18 PM
Well, this urethane is for wood . It is the most resistent thing I have ever seen ... all weather , outside and inside, really tough stuff,  and it is , since is made for exterior/interior  protection of wood , and wood contracts and expands , kind of flexible . I have done a couple of buttstocks  and they look just like the first day , although I am careful handling my guns and I care about their appearance . I do not trow my guns around . I also did  some mags . This thing is very , very tough . It is mostly an exterior all weather protective lacquer . I cannot attest if it would survive a drop from 6 feets up in the air (I think that the gun would not survive that , as well) but for the normal handling , with a normal care  , it works .
It will seal and protect the paint from the wear and tear from the use . It comes in 3 flavors : clear satin , semi-gloss and high gloss . I use clear satin and when dry , you cannot tell it has been coated with .
It would not curl up . I have sprayed the urethane 1 hour after painting a part and it is fine , but usually I wait until  the paint is completely dry ... 8 to 10 hours .

Ah yes we use this coating for wood tiles..I am also very meticulous w/ my wares I hate dings or scratches. When my 3 grips got done I tested the inside sections and got disappointed. Nice work btw. Best regards.

josey88

crossliner , I am still admiring your polished 1377... that is the most elegant pistol on this forum , no question about it . Perfect taste , classic elegance ... I am out of  words to describe it 

0351_Vet

Yep, Josey,
Crossliner,
Droid,
Arkmaker,
Crosshairs,
Chongman,
.......Just to name a few,
of the many, here,
that all built excellent pistols.  :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

1377x

Quote from: josey88 on November 20, 2012, 08:54:48 PM
crossliner , I am still admiring your polished 1377... that is the most elegant pistol on this forum , no question about it . Perfect taste , classic elegance ... I am out of  words to describe it 
if you want to see shiny you need to see airgun100's guns
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,3609.15.html
closed mouths dont get fed

0351_Vet

Now that's some bling.  :D :D :D

(Looks to nice to shoot. Like it should be on display).

It does however look pretty Bitchen... :-*

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

crossliner

Mr. Josey thank you but Mrs. Crosshairs, Airgun100 and some other gents' pistols should take the cake..Mine is just a simple build..Best regards.

josey88

Yes, many of the builds here are truly works of art ... I just happen to like the contrast of crossliner`s pistol on Chrome / polish and simplicity . Those screws are most certainly  unique . The elegance of detail is fantastic ... there are more sophisticated builts here , of course ... I just love this one .

crossliner

Thank you sir..The screws are not standard I had my bud machinist do his thing. Best regards.

josey88

Update on the frame : Well, After all the work I didn`t like the way it came out . It looked just kind of thick , and , since I didn`t want to do the whole thing again , I stripped the frame again to metal and this time I sprayed it with the same type of engine paint 500 degrees resistent , but on Semi-gloss and no Urethane . After 4 hours drying and 20  minutes on the Oven , it ws done .  I re-assembled the trigger so I would not loose anything and I hanged it again . To be completely done it would need 3 or 4 days for the paint to cure .
This time I liked it ... it came out absolutely perfect , and it has a low gloss finish very nice .
Here are some pics :

targettgii

Good work came out excellent  :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

1377x

Quote from: josey88 on November 21, 2012, 01:23:45 AM
Yes, many of the builds here are truly works of art ... I just happen to like the contrast of crossliner`s pistol on Chrome / polish and simplicity . Those screws are most certainly  unique . The elegance of detail is fantastic ... there are more sophisticated builts here , of course ... I just love this one .
i hear you there!
he does have a very cool gun if you are talking about the 1377 i really like what he did with the barrel band and screws with the bearings in them very unique! 8)

0351_Vet

Quote from: 1377x on November 21, 2012, 06:47:01 AM
i hear you there!
he does have a very cool gun if you are talking about the 1377 i really like what he did with the barrel band and screws with the bearings in them very unique! 8)

I am still trying to figure out how CL accomplished the screws?????? They are really bicthen. :-*

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

chongman

The frame looks super nice  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

Quote from: 0351_Vet on November 21, 2012, 05:51:35 PM
I am still trying to figure out how CL accomplished the screws?????? They are really bicthen. :-*
ask him i did ;)