13xx SS Pump Tube Fabrication

Started by 0351_Vet, November 20, 2012, 05:22:47 PM

1377x

thats sounds good when you put it that way
maybe after i get some strength and stamina back then i'll think about another pumper
i just dont like the take 5 shots and sleep for 4 hours afterwards to recover from the pumping ;) ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

Fronzdan

Quote from: 1377x on November 21, 2012, 07:55:42 AM
thats sounds good when you put it that way
maybe after i get some strength and stamina back then i'll think about another pumper
i just dont like the take 5 shots and sleep for 4 hours afterwards to recover from the pumping ;) ;D

;D

You can count me in for two if this ever moves forward!

1377x

i contacted don c now its just a waiting game. if i dont hear from him in a few days, given turkey day is near i really dont expect much movement right now,i'll try contacting him again
if i had a tube to work with i would take it to a cnc machine shop i ran across the other day
once i get these drawings for the p-rod trigger i'm going to run them by there also

0351_Vet

Quote from: 1377x on November 21, 2012, 10:33:31 AM
i contacted don c now its just a waiting game. if i dont hear from him in a few days, given turkey day is near i really dont expect much movement right now,i'll try contacting him again
if i had a tube to work with i would take it to a cnc machine shop i ran across the other day
once i get these drawings for the p-rod trigger i'm going to run them by there also

ED, let me know if you need me to send the 1389 tube you did for me.
(It ALSO had your extra grinding for the: M-ROOD TRIGGER FRAME TOO.)
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

0351_Vet

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

1377x

don hasnt e-mailed me back yet but i have his number i will try calling him monday given todays black friday i a m guessing a lot of people are out shopping

markasaurus

You would, definitely  have a market for these SS pump tubes.  Maybe for somebody doing a PCP conversion or something they'd be very desirable.  And you always have people that just want the very best on their 13xx so they might go for it too.

A replacement pump tube from Crosman in steel, is $11. Before manufacturing a whole bunch with intent to sell them, at what price point can you keep such a product where a lot of people would want to buy it, would be my question if i were doing it.  I'm not saying a lot of people wouldn't want it - because they would.  But we are talking about a $60 gun and your tube maybe couldn't really cost a lot more then that for the whole venture to be viable.   

chongman

You bring up a valid point, how much will it cost to make the tube and what are people willing to pay for it. To compare the cost of the tube to the cost of the gun is really not a factor when you consider other modifications that get applied, steel breech, optics, wood furniture, etc.

The current price of a Don Cothran stainless steel 2240 tube is $41.80. A 13xx tube should cost more than that due to length and the machining required.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

they are not cheap i can tell you that and the demand is very low
thats why im trying to get the how much per tube and how many needs to be made to get that price

1377x

talked to don cothran today
1377 tubes are going to be made
he needs to make some jigs for milling the slots and some others needed to complete the tubes
he also said he sets a couple days a week aside for airgun stuff but it doesnt put food on the table so his other accounts take priority
but just so you know it is going to happen probably by the first of the new year or sometime early in the new year
he has the material on hand for the tubes they just need to be honed and milled

chongman

Very Cool  :-* We will be seeing some serious bling  :D

Crosshairs

Thats real good news.
                           Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Fronzdan

Well all we need now is a stainless trigger frame.  Might as well do the pump arm linkage too! 

0351_Vet

Quote from: 1377x on November 27, 2012, 10:26:53 PM
talked to don cothran today
1377 tubes are going to be made
he needs to make some jigs for milling the slots and some others needed to complete the tubes
he also said he sets a couple days a week aside for airgun stuff but it doesnt put food on the table so his other accounts take priority
but just so you know it is going to happen probably by the first of the new year or sometime early in the new year
he has the material on hand for the tubes they just need to be honed and milled

ED

I too have talked with Don many times, but always about PCP & Big Bore.

How can we accurately assemble a list of people (Or Pre-Paid People) to insure he will have the interest to manufacture.
And, those interested will have them available to them on a first on list basis?

I know I would be interested in 4 myself. Walt

Is something like a list available to be assembled?

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

chongman

Sounds like you have the ball on this one ED...