1377 steel breech ???

Started by tipper1, November 24, 2012, 01:55:36 PM

tipper1

when i was ordering piston and valve I didn't get the flat top  >:( another day  thanks for ya help be ordering again  (lol)

1377x

Quote from: tipper1 on November 24, 2012, 11:45:06 PM
when i was ordering piston and valve I didn't get the flat top  >:( another day  thanks for ya help be ordering again  (lol)
who are you getting the flat top parts from?
closed mouths dont get fed

tipper1

I didn't get the flat top,I got the stock one instead complete kit from ebay,I am looking at the steel breech and barrel now so i can mount a red dot  8)   ??? can i send in the brass piston head get flat top put on it ??? i seen that somewhere

1377x

Quote from: tipper1 on November 25, 2012, 01:43:37 PM
I didn't get the flat top,I got the stock one instead complete kit from ebay,I am looking at the steel breech and barrel now so i can mount a red dot  8)   ??? can i send in the brass piston head get flat top put on it ??? i seen that somewhere
steel breeches are easy to come by
pyramyd,crosman mac-1 and others stock them
personally i like the Anthony R breech the most out of all the breeches availeable.it comes with everything needed light as can be and was $56 shipped.stock is limited and he also has left hand breeches too.just have to check and see if they are avaiable

tipper1

if you want a longer barrel then you will need a discovery 24" barrel cut and crowned at desired length
[/quote] if i was to do this will i lose power,is it louder   //

1377x

Quote from: tipper1 on November 28, 2012, 03:18:48 PM
if you want a longer barrel then you will need a discovery 24" barrel cut and crowned at desired length
if i was to do this will i lose power,is it louder   //
as of now only if you want to stay .177 do you need the discovery .177 24" barrel as far as i know the 24" 2260 barrel is still available
you will definitely gain power and the gun gets a little quieter

tipper1

what does it mean you need to crown barrel ????? can i do this ??????

1377x

Quote from: tipper1 on November 28, 2012, 09:22:31 PM
what does it mean you need to crown barrel ????? can i do this ??????

yes it is something you can do
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsg-Yt6t-HM#ws]Gunsmithing - The Importance of the Muzzle Crown for Accuracy[/url]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0wBeJcIovc#]DIY Cut and Crown Rifle Barrel - Additional Tips and Unique/Cheap Crowning Bit/Cutter[/url]

tipper1

That is some great info 1377x  :-* thanks i will try this  8) you ever try to use a pipe cutter instead of the saw ? i think that would be a much cleaner cut.

1377x

Quote from: tipper1 on November 29, 2012, 01:26:24 PM
That is some great info 1377x  :-* thanks i will try this  8) you ever try to use a pipe cutter instead of the saw ? i think that would be a much cleaner cut.
pipe cuters dont give a clean cut and imo shouldnt be used on a barrel
because the pipe cutter will leave a lip inside the barrel the would need to be filed down destroying the very thing you are trying to correct
pipe cutters dont leave a true 90* cut either

tipper1

Ok there goes that idea,I'm learning today thanks  :-* you must of tried it LOL.

Fronzdan

I missed it, but did you get yourself a new transfer port tube and gasket when you ordered the new barrel and steel breech?  I don't believe you can re-use the old one.

1377x

Quote from: Fronzdan on November 29, 2012, 07:38:33 PM
I missed it, but did you get yourself a new transfer port tube and gasket when you ordered the new barrel and steel breech?  I don't believe you can re-use the old one.

why cant he use the old the old one?
he can use the old one but its likely he has updated parts since someone took the brass valve out
even so all he needs is the evo mod to get a solid barrel to transfer port seal

Fronzdan

Aren't the old transfer port sleeves different than the current ones?  They are the same on both sides.  I thought these didn't fit well with the new barrels.