Some work done, but now the 1377 is much harder to pump

Started by Tater, December 02, 2012, 09:53:33 AM

Fronzdan

Seriously the hardest part is making sure not to lose the damn safety ball.  There are two kinds of people...those who have lost one and those who will. 

WyoMan

QuoteSeriously the hardest part is making sure not to lose the damn safety ball.  There are two kinds of people...those who have lost one and those who will.
;D ;D ;D I lost the same one twice  :o
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

I haven't lost one since I started putting heavy grease on them.
Stranded in California.

WyoMan

Hi Art, That's a good tip - good tips come from Mr Fronzdan's group 1 above :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

1377x

tater has about 2 extra safety balls and a spring to cut down if he looses it .he is good to go

closed mouths dont get fed

PC77

I bought a 100 safety balls on epay for five bucks how i don't worry about them any more. 8)
pc

BDS

Quote from: WyoMan on December 05, 2012, 02:53:59 AM
Hi Art, That's a good tip - good tips come from Mr Fronzdan's group 1 above :-*

And you can put the safety "off" before taking the side plate loose, that puts pressure against the ball away from the side that you would work on if just adjusting or changing trigger springs. The "safe" position is pushing the ball outward towards the open side, thats when they go flying.
Brian

JEBert

Take the trigger frame off of the tube BEFORE taking the side plate off of the trigger.  That way you don't have to worry about the little ball flying across the room into parts unknown.  You might still lose it if you let it roll off of the table but it won't fly far.  Work on an old light-colored towel and none of the parts will roll around on their own.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Tater

Tons of great tips and info here, and all in one place!  :-*
Thank you guys.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

now get busy! ;)
i know you need space and time go slow! :-*

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on December 05, 2012, 04:05:03 PM
now get busy! ;)
i know you need space and time go slow! :-*

I'll to wait until the weekend to start. I REALLY hope my wife wasn't just saying she couldn't pump the gun the other day just to get out of pumping or comparing it to the borrowed 1377 with leaky seals that is really easy to pump.
I could live with it as is and I'd rather wait until I can afford a new piston and flow through probe and do just it all at once.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

you dont want a flow-thru bolt on a .177 it limits the expelled air.its best to go with an extended probe bolt
its your gun design it as you wish, your the one who has to enjoy it ;) :-*

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on December 05, 2012, 04:30:02 PM
you dont want a flow-thru bolt on a .177 it limits the expelled air.its best to go with an extended probe bolt
its your gun design it as you wish, your the one who has to enjoy it ;) :-*

Sorry about that, I used the wrong term when I mentioned flow-through. It's the extended probe I meant.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs