1322 & 1377 mods

Started by 7624452, December 11, 2012, 12:02:47 AM

BigErn

BDS

Very nice Art... those 1701 grips are great aren't they? I just got 3 pairs of e'm and they feel much better than the stockers. Hope Crosman runs out of those wood grain things someday and just goes with the 1701 grips on all of their guns as std.  ???
Brian

Tater

Quote from: 7624452 on December 11, 2012, 12:32:50 AM
1700-031 and 1700-032 $1.74 each

Are those the standard PC77 grips or something different? Meaning, did you just replace wood-tone stock grips for standard black.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Tater, those are 1700 grips, listed under Crosman pistols diagrams on the Cros site  http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/1700P%20EVP%20&%20PL.pdf

They are $1.89-ish each, call it $4 per pair,  P/N 1700-031 & 1700-032. The same shape as the funky wood-grain looking grips (black) that are std on PC 77 pistols but, the grip panels are a pebbly finish and the rest of the grip is smooth matte finish, match-up well with 2289 backpacker pump handles etc.
Brian

Tater

Thank you BDS. They look nice and I'll probably get them with my next order. I was kind of hoping they were a bit wider. My trigger finger grips the trigger with under the first knuckle of my index finger instead of the finger tip. I have to focus on where I contact the trigger each time and I wish it was more of a natural fit.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Quote from: Tater on December 11, 2012, 05:54:02 PM
Thank you BDS. They look nice and I'll probably get them with my next order. I was kind of hoping they were a bit wider. My trigger finger grips the trigger with under the first knuckle of my index finger instead of the finger tip. I have to focus on where I contact the trigger each time and I wish it was more of a natural fit.

You can use 1/8" thick gasket material (black viton or rubber) between the frame and grips to make the total grip width 1/4" thicker, it will make more of a difference than you might guess. You could also make panels from 1/8" wood paneling or plastic sheet stock that you cut to the grip outlines. The stock grip screws may be a tad too short but they are easy to find, get 6-32 screws and saw to length needed.
Brian

Tater

Quote from: BDS on December 11, 2012, 06:49:14 PM
You can use 1/8" thick gasket material (black viton or rubber) between the frame and grips to make the total grip width 1/4" thicker, it will make more of a difference than you might guess. You could also make panels from 1/8" wood paneling or plastic sheet stock that you cut to the grip outlines. The stock grip screws may be a tad too short but they are easy to find, get 6-32 screws and saw to length needed.

Fantastic idea! I like that.
Would auto parts stores have that, Home Depot or order online somewhere?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Quote from: Tater on December 11, 2012, 08:04:36 PM
Fantastic idea! I like that.
Would auto parts stores have that, Home Depot or order online somewhere?

You can find really well finished 1/8" wood pieces at hobby stores or those craft stores, the wood would (ha ha wood would :D) be the easiest to work with and the edges could be stained or blacked out, if the wood is light, a stain would look cool, kind'a lika rifle stock spacer? Rubber gasket material should be available at NAPA (real) auto parts stores, prob not at the O'Reilly or Pep Boys type stores.
Brian

JEBert

Quotepebbly finish and the rest of the grip is smooth matte finish
And they have a Crosman logo on the lower part of the sides.
I have three sets and I like them much better than the std ones.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Here's a better picture of the grips.
Stranded in California.

BigErn

Quote from: 7624452 on December 12, 2012, 01:04:47 AM

They look really good with the bedliner spray too.

Tater

Good stuff guys. Are those grips ambidextrous?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Quote from: Tater on December 12, 2012, 04:42:31 PM
Good stuff guys. Are those grips ambidextrous?
Both sides are the same.
Stranded in California.

droid

Quote from: 7624452 on December 12, 2012, 01:04:47 AM

I love those grips, we get them over here but they are $15 a set, still worth it though.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

BDS

I just put them on my 2300KT last night, like Art, I like e'm better than the RB walnut grips that were on it  :D
Brian