1377 @ Amazon = $39.99

Started by breakfastchef, January 01, 2013, 04:32:45 AM

BDS

Quote from: airguns100 on January 04, 2013, 06:22:34 PM
-Any air gun shooting 500 F.P.S or under only requires a piece of photo I.D and you must be at least 18 years of age to purchase.

-Any air gun shooting above 500 F.P.S is treated as a regular firearm. A P.A.L licence --Possession And Acquisition for firearms-- will be required to purchase.

OK, shades of what WE will be doing down here in the not too distant future. So, bottom line, a Red Ryder at 350 fps is ok but a Mendoza Bronco at 600 fps requires a license.

I guess your buereaucrats use the owners manual as their guideline for the mfr's fps?
Brian

airguns100

Quote from: BDS on January 04, 2013, 10:58:36 PM
OK, shades of what WE will be doing down here in the not too distant future. So, bottom line, a Red Ryder at 350 fps is ok but a Mendoza Bronco at 600 fps requires a license.

I guess your buereaucrats use the owners manual as their guideline for the mfr's fps?

Well. I'll try to explain this in a nut shell. Canada's laws are a little confusing but, are implemented for good reasons.

Yes. The Red Ryder at 350 F.P.S is perfectly legal to purchase with out a gun license in Canada. You must be 18 years of age and have valid photo I.D proving, sometimes three pieces is required. That depends on the store. Here's an example of that: I went to Canadian Tire --a commercial store that sells just about everything-- and they only asked for my drivers licence to purchase my 2289g backpacker. Later that year, I went to privately owned gun shop just outside of Toronto, and they asked for my drivers license, and two other pieces of I.D that had the matching name on the drivers license. Honestly, i have no problem with that. (I'm assuming) The closer you get to heavily populated cities, the more careful they are.

Only air guns shooting above 500 F.P.S requires a valid up-to-date P.A.L licence.
Example: (Any) air gun shooting 501 F.P.S will require a P.A.L gun licence. --no, i'm serious. It's no joke here.

In Canada there are three classes of fire arms
1. Long guns -includes all shot guns and (non assault) hunting rifles.
2. Restricted - includes all hand guns and assault rifles.
3. Prohibited - includes all full automatic hand guns, assault rifles, AND any hand gun with a barrel under 3" long. Your basic saturday night specials. A Jennings J22 is highly illegal here. massive fines or jail time for having something like that here. Also, You can NOT apply for a concealed weapons license in anywhere Canada.

Being a regular citizen, When applying for your P.A.L you can only apply for the first two. 1. long guns and 2. restricted.

Prohibited is only for Law Enforcement OR any guns that have been "grandfathered down to you prior to the year that took effect" As well as gun shop's that are allowed to sell those weapons to Law Enforcement officers. As a regular citizen, You can no longer apply for a Prohib license. It will never happen anymore. 

With all that being said,

2289g is sold by Crosman as a "rifle". If you modify it to shoot above 500 F.P.S, you will need class 1./Long guns printed on the back of your P.A.L.

1377c is sold by crosman as a "pistol". If you modify it to shoot above 500 F.P.S, you will need a class 2./Restricted guns printed on the back of your license.

Crosman pokes a little tiny hole in the back of the valve so 25% of the air escapes out of that hole, and the other 75% goes through the barrel. That guarantees the gun will NEVER shoot above 450 F.P.S. It'll never happen, even with light pellets. In Canada, You "may" modify your Crosmans to shoot higher then 450, but just do NOT modify it to shoot above 500 F.P.S . Unless you plan to register it with the RCMP as a real gun.

Here's an example of a Canadian version valves Crosman puts into all the 1377's and 2289's coming into Canada.

It looks like your regular standard valve, right?

That's a Canadian valve.  note the hole above the valve stem.
The OG gangster of the "bling"

Tater

Wow, those Canadian laws are brutal. And I thought Illinois was bad.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

airguns100

Quote from: Tater on January 05, 2013, 12:31:08 AM
Wow, those Canadian laws are brutal. And I thought Illinois was bad.

Canada's laws are less restrictive then NYC and New Jersey. You can't even buy a bb gun in New Jersey anymore (without having some sort of license). There were too many problems with people not respecting others. Idiots, general everyday morons that don't stop and think about others around them. Other people do not understand that that's just an air gun, and not a real gun.

There was a situation like that here last year, a kid was pointing his (Replica 45caliber) BB gun out of his bedroom window in a basic residential area shooting it at birds. 15 minutes later the SWAT team was there with full armour on ready for battle. This is the type of behaviour that is going to ruin our hobby/sport for good.  >:(

mudduck48

Quote from: airguns100 on January 05, 2013, 12:14:18 AM
Well. I'll try to explain this in a nut shell. Canada's laws are a little confusing but, are implemented for good reasons.

Yes. The Red Ryder at 350 F.P.S is perfectly legal to purchase with out a gun license in Canada. You must be 18 years of age and have valid photo I.D proving, sometimes three pieces is required. That depends on the store. Here's an example of that: I went to Canadian Tire --a commercial store that sells just about everything-- and they only asked for my drivers licence to purchase my 2289g backpacker. Later that year, I went to privately owned gun shop just outside of Toronto, and they asked for my drivers license, and two other pieces of I.D that had the matching name on the drivers license. Honestly, i have no problem with that. (I'm assuming) The closer you get to heavily populated cities, the more careful they are.

Only air guns shooting above 500 F.P.S requires a valid up-to-date P.A.L licence.
Example: (Any) air gun shooting 501 F.P.S will require a P.A.L gun licence. --no, i'm serious. It's no joke here.

In Canada there are three classes of fire arms
1. Long guns -includes all shot guns and (non assault) hunting rifles.
2. Restricted - includes all hand guns and assault rifles.
3. Prohibited - includes all full automatic hand guns, assault rifles, AND any hand gun with a barrel under 3" long. Your basic saturday night specials. A Jennings J22 is highly illegal here. massive fines or jail time for having something like that here. Also, You can NOT apply for a concealed weapons license in anywhere Canada.

Being a regular citizen, When applying for your P.A.L you can only apply for the first two. 1. long guns and 2. restricted.

Prohibited is only for Law Enforcement OR any guns that have been "grandfathered down to you prior to the year that took effect" As well as gun shop's that are allowed to sell those weapons to Law Enforcement officers. As a regular citizen, You can no longer apply for a Prohib license. It will never happen anymore. 

With all that being said,

2289g is sold by Crosman as a "rifle". If you modify it to shoot above 500 F.P.S, you will need class 1./Long guns printed on the back of your P.A.L.

1377c is sold by crosman as a "pistol". If you modify it to shoot above 500 F.P.S, you will need a class 2./Restricted guns printed on the back of your license.

Crosman pokes a little tiny hole in the back of the valve so 25% of the air escapes out of that hole, and the other 75% goes through the barrel. That guarantees the gun will NEVER shoot above 450 F.P.S. It'll never happen, even with light pellets. In Canada, You "may" modify your Crosmans to shoot higher then 450, but just do NOT modify it to shoot above 500 F.P.S . Unless you plan to register it with the RCMP as a real gun.

Here's an example of a Canadian version valves Crosman puts into all the 1377's and 2289's coming into Canada.

It looks like your regular standard valve, right?

That's a Canadian valve.  note the hole above the valve stem.

Sell out and move to Arizona,USA where you can be free.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

airguns100

;D  Thank you mud, i may just do that in the future. I sure do miss living in FL 8)

mudduck48

Like BRAVEHEART  said, just before "they" choped off his head, FREEDOM!!!!!!!
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

airguns100

I'm buying a lotto ticket, tomorrow. everyone prey for me.  ;D

crossliner

Tater

Mine was supposed to get here next Tuesday but I got it today.   
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

chongman

Dang Tater! You must be close to a warehouse. I'm on the coast of Virginia and mine is coming from Kentucky on Monday. I live in the boonies, no FedEx or UPS on Saturdays  :(
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Tater

Quote from: chongman on January 06, 2013, 06:49:29 AM
Dang Tater! You must be close to a warehouse. I'm on the coast of Virginia and mine is coming from Kentucky on Monday. I live in the boonies, no FedEx or UPS on Saturdays  :(

Mine came USPS and yes, we have great postal service here. A week or two before Xmas I got a package delivered USPS on a Sunday. Mine came from Kentucky here too but I'm closer than you.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

chongman

Mine just switched to SmartPost-in transit... not a good thing for me.

mackelby

I guess I should update, I did back out of this gun, but ordered a 2240. Already had a pump, needed co2

chongman

Quote from: mackelby on January 07, 2013, 08:23:19 PM
I guess I should update, I did back out of this gun, but ordered a 2240. Already had a pump, needed co2

Good call mackelby  :-*

Looks like I will get my Amazon 1399 tomorrow morning  ;)