1377 @ Amazon = $39.99

Started by breakfastchef, January 01, 2013, 04:32:45 AM

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: YSYEO on March 01, 2013, 03:28:56 PM
When they were 39.99 I bought 2, and they are still in the packages waiting for a great build idea.
Thats what I am doing with the one I got , still in the package unopened!

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: breakfastchef on January 11, 2013, 01:32:36 AM
Received my 1377 today. If this were my first one, I would have packed it up and sent it to Amazon for a refund. This thing is so difficult to pump and the trigger is hideous. Thankfully I had a nice pair of maple RB Grips I purchased from arkmaker earlier this year to make this thing somewhat more comfortable to use. I am now going to recommend grips as the absolute first mod anyone should make over breech and trigger work.

After a session with the chrony to establish baseline velocities, this one is shooting much harder than my refurbed PC77 I got two years ago. At 10 pumps it is pushing 7.0g pellets (RWS Hobby) @550 fps.
Huh. You and Squally had issues? Just got mine today. Looks fine externally but is extremely difficult to open and pump (headspacing valve issue?). Im going to play around with it, oil it, and see if my impression changes. Im going to compare with some of my others.

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: Squallywally on January 11, 2013, 04:10:48 PM
I was thinking when I opened up my $39 amazon 1377 was that it seemed very cheap. It pumped hard, it cocked hard, and it dripped in oil. It is the first 1377 I have bought in a while. In a way I thought it was due to the fact that my other ones have been modded and have turned out to be so jewel like in quality that I was comparing apples and oranges. However...

The air tube is rough (like it wasn't "sanded" before they blued it) the barrel has three spots on it that looks like it had rusted and someone wire brushed them before bluing. After I took it outside, I then noticed the brown hue of the barrel. It is so oily that it left a stain on my bench.  I think it was over oiled to deal with the rusting of the barrel. The whole barrel is dull, it looks like the old rusty barrel of my 1970s Pumpmaster 760 after I oil it.

I too would have sent this back if it were not for the price and the fact that this will not remain in stock form.
HOWEVER, that is not an excuse for them to start making them shoddy and offering them at discount prices.
I would much rather have the quality that I know and pay the regular price.
But...
I did order two at this price, the other one is for my friend. His is nice. It looks and operates like you would expect. This one became my friends because he "intends" on keeping it in stock form. We'll see how long that lasts...
Are you sure you didn't return it? I think I got your gun!  :D  What a P.O.S.

I never imagined a 1377 would be like those $35 beeman p17s that only last 100 shots before they break. The thing is incredibly hard to open on the first pump -with no starting pressure!! In fact, the metal rings in sharp agony when the lever finally breaks open. It is harder to cock than I remember. Also, the rear plastic sight is noticeably made from a different plastic than even my 1322 from last spring. The external bluing is rougher than the 1322, and both of those pale in comparison to the my 1377 from 2007.

The gun's action is completely unacceptable and I'm pretty upset, especially since it seems like such a large number of us got junk guns. Don't know if I should return it or get a refund, I'm afraid I'd get another China lemon.  :o

This is my first bad Crosman experience, and I want to give them a chance to make it right ( or Amazon) because they do have a great reputation for service.

BUT WHAT THE HECK?!  ???

(I should add Manufacture date by s/n is Dec. 2012.)

Flex

I'm sorry to read that some have had issues with their $39.99 Amazon deals. I was a bit concerned before I ordered mine a month or so back that they were all 'factory seconds" and would be sub par performers. After a few brief moments of thought, ;) I went ahead and ordered one anyway. I figured that with Amazon.com's return policy, I could always return it. It seems that I lucked out on mine since it doesn't seem to have the issues that others have been describing :). For those that haven't opened theirs yet, it might not be a bad idea to do so before the "returnability" fades away. If nothing else, even a "lemon" could serve as a "donor" of the various parts that folks are always ordering from Crosman. I suspect that if you added up all of the individual components, (I may do it just for fun) it would be more than $39.99. I'm just sayin'. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

breakfastchef

Quote from: Flex on March 09, 2013, 01:49:59 AM
I'm sorry to read that some have had issues with their $39.99 Amazon deals.

Having modded several 13xx pistols, I forgot what they were like out of the package. After a few days, the whole pumping situation smoothed out, you pinch your fingers at least once, and commit to improving it. So, the pistol is definitely worth the price paid, but I could see how a completely new owner might be turned off by it.
Larry

Brent

I am pretty happy with mine. It has smoothed out a bit... after shooting it more. If they put them on sale again for $40... am going to get another for modding.

BigErn

You guys got it good, I bought one at the new price of $46. I don't think they will be at $39 anymore.

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: BigErn on March 09, 2013, 07:15:13 PM
You guys got it good, I bought one at the new price of $46. I don't think they will be at $39 anymore.

Or if they are, there's a 50% chance they'll be rough like the one I got.  ;D

Brent

Quote from: BerkshireHunter on March 09, 2013, 07:56:29 PM
Or if they are, there's a 50% chance they'll be rough like the one I got.  ;D

Are you sending it back for an exchange? If you do... can you post back and let us know how it also compares (and how it compares to your others also... that was good info).

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: Brent on March 09, 2013, 08:08:27 PM
Are you sending it back for an exchange? If you do... can you post back and let us know how it also compares (and how it compares to your others also... that was good info).
Not sure, that or get a refund maybe. Don't want to give away my Gauntlet entry, but I might not need a  sttock 1377 anymore.  ;)