1377 @ Amazon = $39.99

Started by breakfastchef, January 01, 2013, 04:32:45 AM

BigErn

I ordered one even though they were out of stock. Hopefully they will get more in.

mudduck48

Now you will have one for each hand.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BigErn

chongman

This is awful... sitting here waiting for the mail girls to show with my Amazon order  :-X
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

WyoMan

Quote from: chongman on January 08, 2013, 02:23:05 PM
This is awful... sitting here waiting for the mail girls to show with my Amazon order  :-X
A familiar feeling indeed...... :-X
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

BigErn

Trophyhunter49

;D ;D Got mine today ;D ;D  A day early  ;D ;D

breakfastchef

Received my 1377 today. If this were my first one, I would have packed it up and sent it to Amazon for a refund. This thing is so difficult to pump and the trigger is hideous. Thankfully I had a nice pair of maple RB Grips I purchased from arkmaker earlier this year to make this thing somewhat more comfortable to use. I am now going to recommend grips as the absolute first mod anyone should make over breech and trigger work.

After a session with the chrony to establish baseline velocities, this one is shooting much harder than my refurbed PC77 I got two years ago. At 10 pumps it is pushing 7.0g pellets (RWS Hobby) @550 fps.
Larry

Trophyhunter49

Shoot , I haven't even opened it up yet!! May wait till spring to do that.  NOT ;D ;D Goin to put a Flat top system in it as soon as I can :-*

mudduck48

Quote from: breakfastchef on January 11, 2013, 01:32:36 AM
Received my 1377 today. If this were my first one, I would have packed it up and sent it to Amazon for a refund. This thing is so difficult to pump and the trigger is hideous. Thankfully I had a nice pair of maple RB Grips I purchased from arkmaker earlier this year to make this thing somewhat more comfortable to use. I am now going to recommend grips as the absolute first mod anyone should make over breech and trigger work.

After a session with the chrony to establish baseline velocities, this one is shooting much harder than my refurbed PC77 I got two years ago. At 10 pumps it is pushing 7.0g pellets (RWS Hobby) @550 fps.
What do you want for $40.00? It's not a 2300kt. It is a fun gun.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

WyoMan

Hey Chef that's a pretty good baseline.....anyway, sounds like you got a project started!  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

breakfastchef

Quote from: WyoMan on January 11, 2013, 04:03:15 AM
Hey Chef that's a pretty good baseline.....anyway, sounds like you got a project started!  :-*

I plan an historic journey (well, maybe an abbreviated one) that involves some of the work from the past and more recently revived by folks like  Daysailer and you. Yes, valve and piston studies. More to come...waiting for a few bits from Mellon before I commence.
Larry

BDS

I hear ya, I think the QC on these things is a roll of the dice. 180 degrees from your experience, my last $40 PC77 from Walmart shot harder than my flat top and modied 1377! And ya, grips are a must, I've been liking those newer pebble finished Cros grips with a lil epoxy and pellet weight glued inside e'm, sure beats those ugly "wood" grain things.
Brian

Squallywally

I was thinking when I opened up my $39 amazon 1377 was that it seemed very cheap. It pumped hard, it cocked hard, and it dripped in oil. It is the first 1377 I have bought in a while. In a way I thought it was due to the fact that my other ones have been modded and have turned out to be so jewel like in quality that I was comparing apples and oranges. However...

The air tube is rough (like it wasn't "sanded" before they blued it) the barrel has three spots on it that looks like it had rusted and someone wire brushed them before bluing. After I took it outside, I then noticed the brown hue of the barrel. It is so oily that it left a stain on my bench.  I think it was over oiled to deal with the rusting of the barrel. The whole barrel is dull, it looks like the old rusty barrel of my 1970s Pumpmaster 760 after I oil it.

I too would have sent this back if it were not for the price and the fact that this will not remain in stock form.
HOWEVER, that is not an excuse for them to start making them shoddy and offering them at discount prices.
I would much rather have the quality that I know and pay the regular price.
But...
I did order two at this price, the other one is for my friend. His is nice. It looks and operates like you would expect. This one became my friends because he "intends" on keeping it in stock form. We'll see how long that lasts...