1911 Style Triggers for 13xx/22xx - Hold On Tight

Started by breakfastchef, January 15, 2013, 04:51:04 AM

chongman

Quote from: 1377x on January 18, 2013, 04:42:38 PM
it still looks pretty narrow for 1/4" wide
can someone post a front view? preferrably next to a stock trigger

Do the math ED...

Crosman stock (monkey metal) trigger width = .186"

TKO "1911 Combat Trigger" width = .122" (probably starts with .125" stock, then the surface finish so .003" less)

.122" minus .186" equals .059"

???
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

quickster47 †

Quote from: chongman on January 18, 2013, 06:40:04 PM
Do the math ED...

TKO "1911 Combat Trigger" width = .122" (probably starts with .125" stock, then the surface finish so .003" less)

???

Okay, I'll be the huckleberry here.

Ed mentioned that it did not look to be 1/4" (0.25") wide and nowhere in your reply do I see the 1/4" (0.25") mentioned.

Can you explain it further, please?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

Quote from: chongman on January 15, 2013, 06:08:43 PM
The trigger is 1/4" wide.

I talked to Mike this morning, the trigger kits are available now.
i do believe this is chomgman that said this
correct me if i am wrong
Quote from: quickster47 on January 18, 2013, 06:47:38 PM
Okay, I'll be the huckleberry here.

Ed mentioned that it did not look to be 1/4" (0.25") wide and nowhere in your reply do I see the 1/4" (0.25") mentioned.

Can you explain it further, please?

Carl

closed mouths dont get fed

1377x

Quote from: chongman on January 18, 2013, 06:40:04 PM
Do the math ED...

???

are these not your words?

Quote from: chongman on January 15, 2013, 06:08:43 PM
The trigger is 1/4" wide.

I talked to Mike this morning, the trigger kits are available now.
just going off your words chongman
so the math here is 1+1 =0

chongman

Ok, I said it wrong, it's NOT .250, it's .125 what are you going to do?

Installation ended

1377x

Quote from: chongman on January 18, 2013, 07:56:40 PM
Ok, I said it wrong, it's NOT .250, it's .125 what are you going to do?

Installation ended
the math
you said it

know your roll

onebaddj

Just hit order on mine! Been watching them for a while. This will give me an excuse to do a nice trigger job on my 2400. And to think 2 weeks ago i said i was done with it!  ;D

IT NEVER ENDS! YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STOP MAKING SUCH IRRESISTABLE PARTS!
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

1377x

Quote from: onebaddj on January 18, 2013, 08:10:59 PM
Just hit order on mine! Been watching them for a while. This will give me an excuse to do a nice trigger job on my 2400. And to think 2 weeks ago i said i was done with it!  ;D

IT NEVER ENDS! YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STOP MAKING SUCH IRRESISTABLE PARTS!
oh it doesnt stop
i want to see it on a gun with a range report
it kinda looks like the finger pad could use a polishing

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

RC1947

Looks like a nice trigger setup.  It's nice to know that there are creative people thinking, and producing ways to improve out guns. :-* RC

chongman

OK, no more comments from the peanut gallery. You have issues with the trigger, get one in your hand and then make your comments.

For those that are serious about this fantastic new part...

The trigger is sooooooo sweet. You will be amazed at what it feels like. The travel is short.

As stated in the instructions, plain as day, in black and white... and here in red...

"There may be a need to fit the trigger to some frames. We haven't seen any problems with the 4 frames we have tested, but if fitting is required for your particular frame, these areas may need to be filed down to fit.

The 3-screw grip frame trigger cover will need to be altered to use the 1911 blade. Simply trim the small protrusion with a knife or scissors.

I only had one place on the trigger (it's circled in the instructions) that needed fitting and that was for the safety pin to engage properly. A little bit of work with a file fixed that quickly, A stock Crosman black plastic safety and a Don Cothran stainless steel safety works perfect.

Maybe these pictures will help you. All that's left to do is drill the hole in the frame and tap for the grub screw. If you like, I will post that picture too.

breakfastchef

I ordered mine on 1/15 and it has not arrived yet. Chongman, keep the photos coming so my learning curve is reduced.
Larry

chongman

This is my current setup. I still want to turn a sear spring guide or "button". All the ones I have already made changed the trigger pull weight to much. No problem, got a couple more feet so I'll get it right and then make a bunch of them. With the brass adjuster and spring from the Crosman Custom shop the trigger pull is very light. In my 2300KT I use it turned all the way down. When I tested with the TKO 1911 trigger I ended up about three turns up to get the same pull.

I did not get to drilling the hole for the grub screw. My 6-32 tap...is crap  ;D I have some 4-40 stainless grubs and a real fine set of 4-40 taps so I might go that route instead.

On the face of the trigger...

It came with the machining marks on the surface. You could leave it as is and have a little "grip feel" or work it with some files and abrasives like I'm showing. It can be polished out to a mirror shine if you like. I was thinking of maybe cutting a few grooves in the face, lengthwise. Don't like the pointed corners? Round them off! The trigger is aluminum and very easy to work. It's a custom part that begs to be further customized  :-*

quickster47 †

Looks mighty good there Chongman.  Good details and explanations.

Guess I'll be on the list to get mine this month.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

onebaddj

My trigger has shipped!  :D. Figure i will polish everything to a mirror like finish and add a washer tocenter the sear and take up the wobble in the trigger parts and adjust the trigger to where its nice lite and crisp then loctite the adjustment and finally be done with my 2400!  For the 10th time. Lol
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.