Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Crosman air pistol - General discussion / Re: Crosman Custom Shop 2400KT
« Last post by Ken on Today at 06:04:33 PM »
I have used that trigger frame assembly (Crosman part # 2220-103) on two CCS pistols that I ordered with wooden grips. The grips bolted on with no issues.
Crosman air pistol - General discussion / Crosman Custom Shop 2400KT
« Last post by d_ray50 on Today at 03:49:22 PM »
Does anyone know if the wood pistol grips you can order on a 2400KT Custom Shop gun will fit the 1720t without any modifications ? Thanks in advance.
Crosman air pistol - General discussion / Re: State by State sticky?
« Last post by Brutuz on Yesterday at 10:32:45 PM »
If you would like an overview on a map plse try this map  http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2301251

If succesfull I'll make a sticky topic about it containing your input

Bump
Crosman air pistol - General discussion / Re: "Tree Rats" Beware
« Last post by TraderJoe on Yesterday at 01:31:04 AM »
What type of scope did you wind up getting?  Glad to hear you are doing ok after the storm.
I got the 2X pistol scope option from CCS.
« Last post by SouthernBoy on September 23, 2017, 04:18:48 PM »
What type of scope did you wind up getting?  Glad to hear you are doing ok after the storm.
Crosman air pistol - General discussion / Re: P-rod trigger group
« Last post by plasticclassic on September 21, 2017, 05:08:18 AM »
You can order from Crosman.  Get the complete grip frame #2220-103 for $37.50 + $4. shipping.  Just call & order.
Or Roy @ Mountain has frames & hammer for $60. + shipping.
http://mountainaircustomairguns.com/faq/

Thanks Bill ☺
Crosman air pistol - General discussion / Re: P-rod trigger group
« Last post by Imzratt321 on September 21, 2017, 04:15:34 AM »
There is fully assembled Prod triggers on Ebay.  I think they are $99.
Crosman air pistol - General discussion / Re: Vigilante Mods
« Last post by George Schmermund on September 20, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »
Pellet head diameter is a popular topic for discussion on the internet. I've decided to get into the fray and see how fussy a Vigilante might be after getting the longer barrels and muzzle treatment. The following is a post from a thread that I've started over at the GTA forum. Rather than link to it I thought I'd re-post it here. If this is inappropriate please let me know.

Measuring the head diameter on pellets can be tricky. Even if you use one of the commercially available sizers there can be questions about whether the head is really round or not. Putting the pellets into an assortment of precision holes won't necessarily give you good information on a distorted head. Before setting up the laser micrometer (a nontrivial project) I decided to cobble together a simple test method.

Since I can't seem to throw anything out I've accumulated a lot of stuff that can be repurposed for doing experiments. What came out of the junk pile this time is a platen from an old HP scanner. Any clean, flat, and smooth surface can be used, of course. The important part for making reliable measurements is a good smoothly operating digital caliper. It should read down to 0.0005" or 10 microns. It should have a thumb wheel for adjustment because the adjusting action needs to be very smooth with a minimum of stiction.

The caliper is placed onto the cleaned glass and a spacer is placed under it at the end of the scale. The spacer is used to keep the caliper parallel to the face of the glass without rocking. This arrangement works well because the measuring jaws are raised above the glass far enough for the jaws to touch only the top end of the pellet. Since I'm now using wadcutters exclusively the pellets can be inverted and measured without any wobble. With the Jaws slightly open and the pellet remaining against the fixed jaw it can be rotated by slowly moving the jaw for another measurement around the circumference.

It will take some practice to get the feel for making the measurements, but when you get there you'll find that it can be done quickly and with considerably less error inducing force than a micrometer requires. Also, there is no fumbling with trying to hold the pellet square to the jaws while rotating the spindle. Repeatable measurements on the same pellet is when you know you've arrived.

The photos illustrate the measuring arrangement.
« Last post by BillK on September 20, 2017, 12:57:45 AM »
Glad to hear you are safe & back in business on the home front.  There are so many ways to go with that 22XX platform that you may just "have" to buy another.  ;)
Every guy "needs" a carbine & pistol. ;D :-X
Crosman air pistol - General discussion / "Tree Rats" Beware
« Last post by TraderJoe on September 19, 2017, 01:58:23 PM »
Haven't posted since my 2300KT arrived (9/1) mostly due to hurricane Irma here in Florida but after a week without power we're good to go again. I did immediately sight in the 2x scope (took about 10 minutes) and am very pleased with it so far. I have never used a pistol scope before and have to admit it takes a little getting used to. Anyway I was shooting quarter sized groups at 30 feet right from the git go. (10" Crosman barrel). I adjusted the trigger pull as low as it would go and it is acceptable but rough, so I will pull the trigger group out and do some sanding and polishing. This is a very nice pistol and I am looking forward to a lot of good shooting. It is very accurate and two tree rats that got in range can vouch for that!  :-*  Had to unexpectedly spend a lot of money due to the hurricane so as soon as the "kitty" is replenished I am going to install a power adjuster and maybe get a shoulder stock. Who knows what's next... 14.6 inch barrel?  ;)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10