1337 with steel breech/lpa mim still shoots high.

Started by KBR97, March 14, 2013, 07:37:10 PM

mrb02334

Check out this place for fiber optic fibers, their prices are good and shipping is cheap. Be sure to get the fluorescent fibers, they have a bunch of diffrent sizes.
http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/fiber.htm
Enjoy,
Jon

Quote from: mrb02334 on March 18, 2013, 04:35:44 AM
Check out this place for fiber optic fibers, their prices are good and shipping is cheap. Be sure to get the fluorescent fibers, they have a bunch of diffrent sizes.
Enjoy,
Jon
I have never seen tubes with the expanded tip like I used on the market.  Maybe there is some way to make it from straight stock ?
Stranded in California.

Flex

Quote from: KBR97 on March 14, 2013, 07:37:10 PM
Yesterday I received my steel breech and lpa sight from crosman. I took my time taking everything apart and putting it back together with the new parts and mounted the new sight. Now my gun was already shooting a little high with the original sights and no more adjustment left. I figured it was a good excuse to order the new parts. Now that the gun is back together it shoots straight as far as windage goes, but it is still shooting a little high, about 2". I adjusted the elevation on the new sight and ran out of room for adjustment. The sight is bottomed out on the breech. The shots were all taken at roughly 30 ft.
Any one have any ideas? Almost feel like I wasted all this money on a steel breech and lpa sight and got nothing to show for it. >:(
I read thru all 3 pages of replies to see if anyone suggested a problem with barrel alignment and didn't see any comments along those lines. Is it possible that the transfer sleeve gasket is missing? This would allow the barrel to sit a millimeter or two lower and result in the pellet to be directed upward. Since you were having problems from the start, this may be the root of the problem. It's probably worth a look to be sure. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

quickster47 †

Quote from: Flex on March 19, 2013, 01:02:29 AM
I read thru all 3 pages of replies to see if anyone suggested a problem with barrel alignment and didn't see any comments along those lines. Is it possible that the transfer sleeve gasket is missing? This would allow the barrel to sit a millimeter or two lower and result in the pellet to be directed upward. Since you were having problems from the start, this may be the root of the problem. It's probably worth a look to be sure. Flex

Might be barrel alignment but if the transfer port gasket was missing there would be serious leaks.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

chongman

Quote from: mrb02334 on March 18, 2013, 04:35:44 AM
Enjoy,
Jon

Huge thanks for the link!

I ordered 3 ft. (smallest unit of issue) of .75, 1.0, and 1.5 mm dia. fluorescent green fiber optic tonight. It's more than I'll ever need so if anybody needs a little let me know and I will send you some when I get it.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

WyoMan

Quote from: chongman on March 19, 2013, 02:00:30 AM
I ordered 3 ft. (smallest unit of issue) of .75, 1.0, and 1.5 mm dia. fluorescent green fiber optic tonight. It's more than I'll ever need so if anybody needs a little let me know and I will send you some when I get it.

Great place this forum is  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Flex

Quote from: quickster47 on March 19, 2013, 01:49:19 AM
Might be barrel alignment but if the transfer port gasket was missing there would be serious leaks and maybe only a shot or two before the powerlet expired.

Carl
I'm not an expert but AFAIK the 1377 doesn't use a "powerlet" ???. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

quickster47 †

Quote from: Flex on March 19, 2013, 02:48:23 AM
I'm not an expert but AFAIK the 1377 doesn't use a "powerlet" ???. Flex

Duh, my bad.  :( :( :(  I wasn't thinking.  Sorry.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

JEBert

I don't think the barrel would sit a whole millimeter lower.  The steel breech is a pretty good fit and when you tighten down the front breech screw, the transfer port compresses and the breech bottoms out on the tube.  Even with a 1377, there still would be serious leaks around the transfer port with each shot if the TP seal weren't there.
In my experience, they all shoot a little high @5 & 10M (16' & 32').  A lot of us have had that sort of trouble with them shooting a little high.  I had to file and sand the top of the rear sight down on my first 1377 AND lengthen the slot to allow the sight to go a little lower.  I have shot all of mine with iron sights and I use the Williams WGRS peep on the rear (My LPA MIM is a little lower so that should work even better), Crosman muzzle brakes (#1700-023), and the tallest sight pin (Crosman # 788-101) and still have to use a 6:00 o'clock hold with them at 5 & 10 meters.  The red dots and scopes cure it though.
YMMV.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

KBR97

The seal is definitely still there. I had taken it all apart and put it back together to make sure everything fits nice. I'm not sure if I mentioned it earlier but I'm going to hold onto the parts and work on a solution for the front sight. I think first thing I'm gonna try is a little piece of fiber optic glued on top of the sight, with a groove in the sight for it to sit in. Hopefully the local gun shop has them in stock.

Yesterday I was shooting pennies of a fence post at 25 ft. It groups pretty well, and was consistently hitting about 1-2" above the pennies when I missed.

1377C
Baikal IZH 53m