1322 Pump arm washer

Started by mudduck48, March 25, 2013, 05:02:01 PM

crossliner

Hi Mr. Q the ss washer on mine post lapping is .53 mm..It seems that that pivot plug is a tighter fit than the MC/BF 1377 barrel band but I could be mistaken because I do not have 1 to compare it to..Mr. Mudduck's seems much thicker than mine hence my assumption..I tried .82, .7 and .6 something but they were already too tight. Best regards.

quickster47 †

Thanks much Mister C.  I have a good assortment of SS shims and going to give it a try to tighten up the slop in mine and Julie's 1377 shooters.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

crossliner

While I am on it I would also like to put two shims on the lever (the one that joins the pump arm and the piston) probably lapped c-clips.. That pin right there is peened so I guess I have to have it removed it if I do shim it. I have already put two o-rings as shims on the piston so it's much more centered now. Best regards.

crossliner

Quote from: quickster47 on April 14, 2013, 02:50:08 PM
Thanks much Mister C.  I have a good assortment of SS shims and going to give it a try to tighten up the slop in mine and Julie's 1377 shooters.

Carl

Well we have our own Herr Mudduck to give our thanks to sir  :-* Believe me it really works Mr. Q. Even before I o-ringed my piston it was already giving me a very solid feel..This mod  might be too harsh on a plastic band though and might wreck havoc on an anodized aftermarket one  because it will rub on the milled walls already ??? The pivot plug on mine is 304 ss so I have no worries. Best regards.

Tater

I'll be adding a washer too next time I knock out the roll pin. My 1377 with a 760 BB is really loose too.
Thanks for starting the thread and for everyone's good tips in here.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Baltim0re28

I took one of these..

And put it on the one side and it took all of the "wiggle" out. You can see it at the bottom of the picture. I've been using it with the plastic barrel band for about 2 weeks with ALOT of pumping in that time frame with NO problems.
They are Teflon washers used to shim wheel bearings in RC cars, so they are made to withstand a massive amount of friction. I just used a little moly. Available at almost every hobby shop around and readily available online :-*
James.

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

mudduck48

Quote from: crossliner on April 14, 2013, 03:04:06 PM
Well we have our own Herr Mudduck to give our thanks to sir  :-* Believe me it really works Mr. Q. Even before I o-ringed my piston it was already giving me a very solid feel..This mod  might be too harsh on a plastic band though and might wreck havoc on an anodized aftermarket one  because it will rub on the milled walls already ??? The pivot plug on mine is 304 ss so I have no worries. Best regards.
Well, thank you, thank you. I try to come up with something once in a while. But , this works. Thank you again. QUACK, QUACK!
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

crossliner

So simple a mod and yet so effective Mr. Mudduck  :-* Best regards.

Brent

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on April 14, 2013, 08:28:14 PM
I took one of these..

And put it on the one side and it took all of the "wiggle" out. You can see it at the bottom of the picture. I've been using it with the plastic barrel band for about 2 weeks with ALOT of pumping in that time frame with NO problems.
They are Teflon washers used to shim wheel bearings in RC cars, so they are made to withstand a massive amount of friction. I just used a little moly. Available at almost every hobby shop around and readily available online :-*

I like that idea for my plastic barrel band... good idea!! Thanks!!

1377x

i thought the washer thing mellon includes was to help keep the pump lever hole from stretching too much
mr mellon if you are still cruising capof can you enlighten us or if someone has asked him shed some light on this please
closed mouths dont get fed

mudduck48

Here is another one that needs to be put out again for the new people we have. The pump arm shim washer. I takes up the side to side slop when you mod the pumpers.  :-*

0351_Vet

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tater

:-*   I recently read through this one.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

mudduck48

When I did this, I had the Bluefork barrel band on my 1322. When I went to Davio's barrel band, I eliminated the washer. His barrel band is made in a way that tightens up the slop. No need for the washer. And it tightened up my groups.  ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Rigid-BackPacker-Barrel-Band-for-Crosman-2389-1322-1377-w-longer-bbl-/301314789216?hash=item4627c2cf60:g:GDYAAOSwq7JUFp5X