2240 first time shooting

Started by rittah, April 30, 2011, 05:06:43 PM

rittah

Well, I finally was able to do some target shooting with it. I haven't changed the barrel, just left it stock for now. That is a fun gun. I may not mod it. Shoots right on and I am getting good fps. Might buy another and mod it, keep this one stock. They are expensive to mess with.

Nate

glad you like youre 2240  ;)
but trust me it is worth every penny to mod it, it is just som much fun to mod guns of any kind, especialy crosman because there are just so many parts you can buy from so many sources out there

Crosshairs

Quote from: Nate on April 30, 2011, 07:43:42 PM
glad you like youre 2240  ;)
but trust me it is worth every penny to mod it, it is just som much fun to mod guns of any kind, especialy crosman because there are just so many parts you can buy from so many sources out there
X1  Build your own one of a kind gun.
                                   Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

tatsumi

Had mine a few weeks now and think its great. To get it shooting sweet you dont have to spend much , have a read through the forum at the little improvements you can do. So far I got a crooked barn breech and muzzle brake adapter for it, I already had a spare muzzle brake and all the internal work ive done myself from reading up in here so £30 as opposed to neer on £600 on the xt but thats mainly the external extras.

For the look ive gone for a polished setup again to match my as2250xt so again, free and I just need some grips now.

Fettle the internals and take it from there, but as said just make it your own;)

AA S200 MK2 .22 multishot, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 IR with Decimeater Moderator
AS2250XT custom .22, Hawke 2-7x32 AO IR with UK Neil Shroud
2240 custom .22, Hawke RD30SR with Porky Moderator

Gunhippie

Modding does not need to be expensive at all. Polishing the trigger mechanism and fine-tuning the trigger/sear spring can cost you very little--like $1.00 for a spring from the hardware store--and take a couple of hours of time you'd probably waste on the family or job otherwise. The pleasure and increased accuracy of a well-tuned trigger are more than worth the effort.

OTOH, you can spend 100s of $ on custom parts and get that trigger the last little bit of perfect... if you need/want to. When you really get the bug... well, cutting up the credit card is a good start.

Timm

packrat

You're right about how expensive it can get!!!!! Too much stuff out there to buy!!!!! Last one I did, I kept it pretty simple...Went to .177 caliber, 10" barrel, poly-tube transfer, cleaned up trigger, and a seriously modified valve.  Cost me $14.00 for the barrel...all the rest I did. It is BIG FUN :-* :-* :-*  And a LOT cheaper than some I have built .

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.