another hdd

Started by 1377x, November 09, 2011, 08:20:55 PM

millipede

no i had the plug removed already

millipede

oh yeah, it's a .22 hollow probe bolt made by charles mellon. im using the stock hammer spring too in case anybody wondered

dpricenator

The holow probe bolt is longer than a stock bolt already, so you probably just need to grind a bit off the back of your bolt.

quickster47 †

Here's some data for you to reference.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Quote from: millipede on November 29, 2011, 07:31:17 PM
oh yeah, it's a .22 hollow probe bolt made by charles mellon. im using the stock hammer spring too in case anybody wondered

Same thing happened to me when I had the Transformer set up with the .22 14" barrel and Charlies Flow-thru. Being that the pellets are so big and easier to handle than the .177's, I left it alone. I had enough room to sqeeze then in without ruining the pellets, but if you can grind off a tad, you'll be golden!

Here is Carl's pic that he posted a while back. Thought I might need it some day!
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

arkmaker †

Opps, Carl beat me to it!! Great minds and all  ;D ;D

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

dennismenace

hey there ya'll

been gone for awhile.

there hasn't been any new info on the hdd. that seems to bode not well.  ??? :-X

is it not giving the shot count that many were hoping?

just didn't live up to expectations?

it seemed to have promise but, i haven't seen any further info here or on the green.

does anybody have a low down on what's going on w/ it?

thanks for any thing ya'll can give me. :-*

later

millipede

i simply haven't had time to test it. i installed it and chronied a few shots one day but a few days later i realized i had it in backwards   ???   after this christmas rush i should hopefully have time

quickster47 †

Quote from: dennismenace on December 10, 2011, 08:25:21 AM
hey there ya'll

been gone for awhile.

there hasn't been any new info on the hdd. that seems to bode not well.  ??? :-X

is it not giving the shot count that many were hoping?

just didn't live up to expectations?

it seemed to have promise but, i haven't seen any further info here or on the green.

does anybody have a low down on what's going on w/ it?

thanks for any thing ya'll can give me. :-*

later

I've been using one in one of my 2240s but I have to say thus far the results have not been that spectacular.  Can't say that I'm disappointed just yet.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

arkmaker †

I think I asked this before, but "Does it make it any quieter"?

Thanks,
Rich

quickster47 †

Quote from: arkmaker on December 11, 2011, 12:26:36 AM
I think I asked this before, but "Does it make it any quieter"?

Thanks,
Rich

And I thought I answered.  Yes it does make it quieter

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

arkmaker †

Thanks Carl, you probably did, just I'm old........BTW: does it make it any quieter?

;D ;D

dennismenace

thanks for getting back carl.

yeah, i was hoping that the season might have had something to do w/  not hearing anything. the silence was a bit ominous. hopefully that thing will work out.

merry christmas and have fun.

Smaug

I installed mine on my wife's 2300T a couple weeks ago. I noticed that unless the bolt is pulled sharply back, it either didn't cock at all, or didn't cock all the way.

If the bolt is pulled back and it cocks, but not all the way, then it has a hair trigger. Just touch the trigger and it discharges. So be careful guys.

Yesterday, I finally got a few minutes and the motivation at the same time and took it down to the garage. Pulled the rear breech screw, took out the breech plug, and ground down the breech plug to pretty close to the hole with the Dremel drum sander. Cleaned up the sharp edges, put it back together, and was done in 15 minutes. Didn't even need to mess around with that 0.050" front breech screw.

Works great now, though I haven't taken a shot count yet. I put a new CO2 in and shot 22 rounds, and left the tally sheet on the gun, so I'll remember to keep count. (I don't want to blast through a CO2 just to count, and waste all those pellets!)

It is noticeably quieter now. If it ups the shot count by 10 or more shots before I notice it falling off, I'll consider it a success.
-Jeremy
"If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing."
Crosman 66, 1377, 2300T, 1701P / Daisy 1200, 953, & 747 / Stoeger X20 / .177 Marauder / Archer AR2078 / Weihrauch HW30s / RWS 56

breakfastchef

It is curious that a few noticed their pistols were quieter after installing this HDD. In my experience, there was no reduction in sound. Shot count was basically the same with or without this device. All in all, this first batch is neurtal on my CO2 pistols. In fact, S. McCann has received very mixed reviews from this first design and is working on v. 2. He said that everyone that received an HDD from the first batch will get the newer design when it is finished.
Larry