Trust on the forum

Started by Crosshairs, March 01, 2012, 01:15:23 PM

Crosshairs

I just want to tell you all it's funny how we all trust each other on this forum and don't really no each other. What are your thoughts. Reason im posting this is i just bought some parts from a member i sent him a money order but i already got the parts in the mail no way did he get the MO yet i have done the same thing for other members so my question is why do we trust each other so much.
                                                        Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

Our common interest bonds us together. Most of us likely trust forum members who are active, and are suspicious of new members who want to deal soon after joining. I have learned much in the short time I have been here from folks willing to share information. That builds a lot of trust, too.
Larry

eric

you will hear these stories all the time which is nice . some people go out of their way sometimes --- i was looking for a part no longer made and someone is sending me one free of change  :D  8) :)
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

DJammer

Quote from: breakfastchef on March 01, 2012, 03:00:34 PM
Our common interest bonds us together. Most of us likely trust forum members who are active, and are suspicious of new members who want to deal soon after joining. I have learned much in the short time I have been here from folks willing to share information. That builds a lot of trust, too.
+1
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

joe k

just goes to show there are still good people out there.
joe

arkmaker †

X2 on common interest.

It is funny though how I always worry about purchasing something online that is not airgun related. Here and on the other 3 major forums (Green, Yellow & GTA), I just never have worried about it. I'm thinking that we all share the same sickness  ;) I have been extremely lucky with my dealings with forum members on the CAPOF. This forum, more so than any other shares insights and mod tricks do's and don'ts without much attitude. I frequent all of the others, but call the CAPOF home base! I'm getting a bit off topic (like that never happens!). Truly a great hobby/sport with a certain unwritten set of moral standards....

Ark

notice the new signature??
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

:-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

arkmaker †

Quote from: joe k on March 01, 2012, 04:07:09 PM
just goes to show there are still good people out there.
joe

Used to be "don't trust anyone over 30, then 40, then 50, now.........

"Never trust anyone that doesn't own a Crosman!!!"    ;)

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

JEBert

Quote"Never trust anyone that doesn't own a Crosman!!!"    ;)
Love it!
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

sandpiper

My wife and I just had a conversation last night about integrity and the number of people who lack it. Funny this thread came up cause I'm usually suspicious right off the bat but had a sense of trust immediately after joining this forum. Probably because everyone was so helpful without an expectation of something in return.

1377x

DTA
dont trust anyonyone  ;D ;D ;D
when i first started internet dealing i sold some stuff sent it out before payment arrived only to have the buyer backout
luckly it was a good person and they sent the stuff back
other than that i have pretty good experiences with people online
other than one experience here on the forum when it 3 weeks to recieve an item i ordered
to be fair it wasnt the forum menmbers fault but USPS's pony express service ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

Noah

My wife was asking me the same thing a while ago when I sent some plastic 600 grips to some cat in WA. She asked, "Why would you give them away for free?" Well, they are only worth a few dollars and it is more of a hassle to collect payment rather than simply donate. For me, I call it "The Karma Account" and it is best to keep it in the black. This wouldn't be possible without chaps like Quickster, Crosshairs, NorthStaR, Capt. Thomas, Workinman, Arkmaker, Sothart, Brutuz, OahuDave, Tinker and so many others (sorry if I left you out). Thanks for all of your help and assistance over the past several months whether it be goods or simple advice. Right on.

Thanks again, fellers, and let's keep this positive trend moving along-  :-*
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

AZAG

+1 on the more trust for active members.

The sharing of information, how-tos, and suggestions are very helpful for newbies (I think I still qualify as one of those.) I'm now doomed to a lifetime of "I wonder if I can squeeze out a few more fps if I..."  :P

arkmaker †

So true about the "Karma Account". It is so true, what comes around goes around. So many people on this forum have helped me out since I started, I lose count and sometimes even start taking things for granted. Know I am human and therefore tend to err...........  So much deep thanks to all  :-*

Rich

RC1947

I can go with the "Karma" account.  There's also the looming possibility that if someone screws another the screwer could be outed on the forum.  I also build knives, and I've been the screwee on one occasion on a knife forum I contribute to.  After repeated emails to the screwer without any response I gave it to the forum to decide.  I still got screwed, but the guilty party never showed his face on that forum again.  Other than that, I like to believe that most folks are honorable with honest intentions. RC