What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

breakfastchef

Quote from: ped on January 25, 2013, 05:20:41 PM
fitted the boss breech i got off gary to a 2240

Would like feedback on that discontinued breech. Does it work and does it work well.

Quote from: ped on January 25, 2013, 05:20:41 PM...and can't shoot it as i have no co2 carts

Rookie!
Larry

ped

cheers lads i wish my machining was as nice as yours chongman :-* it puts my effort to shame
well i braved the snow and freezing temps and made an end cap i haven't polished it ,i've tried to make it match the breech in finish
i've a feeling that it could be very pellet picky but it is very well made and is a fine addition to my small collection of breech's
hopefully i'll have a better understanding of it tomorrow
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

chongman

ped, I dig your end cap and IMHO the finish is spot on  :-*  I'm trying to make some end caps but keep messing up the depth of the hole where the hammer spring seats.

Oh, you got a source for those yew grips?
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

quickster47 †

Quote from: chongman on January 25, 2013, 11:36:39 PM
Oh, you got a source for those yew grips?

Yes Mr. Ped, where did you get those grips?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

droid

Quote from: quickster47 on January 25, 2013, 11:40:51 PM
Yes Mr. Ped, where did you get those grips?

Carl

I bet he has made them himself. He's a clever so an so  ;)
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

targettgii

Nice prob handle chongman and the 2240 looks real good ped love the grips also.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

ped

what i do with end caps is put a piece of tape around the drill bit at the right depth then go in till i hit the tape this ones took two attempts as it was a bit of a sloppy fit first time and it took two attempts to get the holes right
gary's partially right i felled the tree and slabbed it with a chainsaw (to make a mantle for a mate) when i slabbed it i also did one at 11/4"
i made the blanks and inleted them to fit a grip frame then sent them to ian (bladerr1)who transformed them from a rough blank to a thing of beauty
i've got a bit left so anybody wants a bit the're more than welcome
this is my slabbing set up and what i make with the slabs
ped

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Flex

Not exactly sure if this is what the OP was looking for but just this afternoon I modded a Crosman Airsoft pistol holster so that my 1322c AND my soon to arrive American Classic 1377 would fit and be reasonably easy to draw from (not a "quick draw" situation to be sure!) Certainly I can't say that it was an original idea as I'm sure that others have done it too. I saw a post a few days ago where a guy did pretty much the same thing. He used a zip tie to keep the sewn seam from coming completely apart. I kicked it up a notch by using a small carriage bolt and secured it on the back side with a washer and nut that I ground down to reduce the profile.

There's no way that the seam is going to separate.
I'm thinkin' about rigging the holster to hang several inches below the belt, almost like a leg holster to make the draw a little less clumsy.
Oh, and I also slipped a Butler Creek / Uncle Mike's med grip sleeve on for general principles (and since I had one laying around). I doesn't hug the contours at the top of the grip but the lower 75% fits perfectly.

I know that these aren't serious mods but a guy's got to start somewhere. ;) Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

ped

i do like that grip sleeve i feel some cogs turning in my head nice work on the holster
ped

WyoMan

mr ped and mr Flex thank you for showing that work, very nice talents you have  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

targettgii

The grip sleeve is a nice touch very cool Flex  :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

droid

Stripped the dream gun, changed the barrel over to 7 1/2", found the barrel to be too tight in the breech and got it stuck. Into the workshop in the soft jaw vice got the devil out.  Sanded the barrel down a bit on the OC, reblued it and with a bit of pelgun oil and it slipped in nice. Then I found I had a leak.

So stripped it again replaced the valve seal but still got a leak. Getting annoyed now.

Took the valve out of my Bluefork gun and put in in dream gun now all ok  :-*  Beautiful  :-*  Happy again now.

I like playing but I must admit that was getting a bit tiring this morning for what was supposed to be a 2 minute job.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Rex Havoc

Tore my 2400 KT down last night to add a Mellon Air hollow bolt but I don't have the right Allen wrench to turn the screw under the bolt  :P  I have a metric that's just undersized but no cigar. I'm hoping I have the right wrench in my old slotcar box, I'm digging it out tomorrow.