What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Tater

Quote from: Davio on March 17, 2013, 05:30:13 AM
Result:  Looks great, but much too soft.  Think gelatin.  I need to bring the shore hardness way up.  Learning here, so not a complete loss. I'll be back.

Can't wait till you nail it down. I know you will.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

quickster47 †

Quote from: Davio on March 17, 2013, 05:30:13 AM
Result:  Looks great, but much too soft.  Think gelatin.  I need to bring the shore hardness way up.  Learning here, so not a complete loss. I'll be back.

That your first try came out at all is a good thing and the next and the next and so on will just get better.  Glad you tried this and really do hope it is successful.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BerkshireHunter

After finding my 1322 and new pc77 are shooting high at greater range, I went to work. Extended the travel slot on 3 stock rear sight posts and touched up with cold blue. Now I'm back on target. With a straight front sight band, the stock sights aren't terrible for the pistols.  :-*

1377x

I don't know if I posted these pics.i was messing around with making crowns the other and made a soup bowl crown :o ;D ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

bgmcgee

looking good Ed,should give some protection to the important part that way
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

sandpiper

Quote from: 1377x on March 17, 2013, 11:25:57 PM
I don't know if I posted these pics.i was messing around with making crowns the other and made a soup bowl crown :o ;D ;D

It looks good Ed, I'm not familiar with the effect of crowning but I have heard people talking about its affect on accuracy. I'm going to start a new thread to keep this one on track, after a search of course.

1377x

I just had the barrel on my .22lr re-crowned the crown kind of looks like the one I made
I was just having fun with an old barrel to see what I could come up with
if doing a slight crown this is the tool I used the crown looked great I ran away with the idea
treated it like it was a brass screw ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

chongman

I dig that soup bowl crown ED  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Davio

Quote from: 1377x on March 17, 2013, 11:54:24 PM
I just had the barrel on my .22lr re-crowned the crown kind of looks like the one I made
I was just having fun with an old barrel to see what I could come up with
if doing a slight crown this is the tool I used the crown looked great I ran away with the idea
treated it like it was a brass screw ;)

I want chongman to make me a handle that looks like that.  :-*
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

ped

Quote from: 1377x on March 17, 2013, 11:25:57 PM
thats a nice looking crown ed :-*
got a fair bit done this weekend i fitted a mrod trigger to my 2260 hpa then modded an old qb78 stock to fit ,i've still got to sort a trigger guard out i'm thinking of either a brass one or making something more akin to a lever action
also put the dovetails on the scope mounting blocks for my bluestreak i'm not really that happy with them
and finally did a bit of work on my entry for the gauntlet ll
i managed to get a s/h 2260 tube that had been drilled to take a disco valve but upon fitting a valve i found that the port was out of line and the one of the side holes was well out that coupled with the fact that i didn't have the right size fixings, my soloution was to convert all the holes to metric and go up a size on the side fixings which allowed me to realign the port and sort the already drilled holes in the tube
i'm going to be using the stainless hammer i made earlier so i lightened it a little bit it's now down 10g to 54g ideally i wanted to be at 50g so might have to bore the back out then fit a ptfe insert
i also cut down a trigger unit but might have made an error here :-[ but it gives me an opportunity to try a different sear linkage
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

ped

a few more pics
this way of pinning the valve is not the way i prefer to to it but i was stuck with the already drilled holes i normally use grub screws that are tapped into the valve and tube
ped

quickster47 †

Now that is a seriously cut down trigger frame.  More so than what I did with my stubby build.  Good job ped.  :-* :-* :-*

And a good job on securing the Discovery valve.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

ped

Quote from: quickster47 on March 18, 2013, 01:04:33 PM
Now that is a seriously cut down trigger frame.  More so than what I did with my stubby build.  Good job ped.  :-* :-* :-*

And a good job on securing the Discovery valve.

Carl
not the best job i've ever done carl it was late and i was tired plus the frame was very difficult to clamp without distorting it hence the chatter marks plus i took too much off near the trigger pivot pin ,so i've got an opportunity to design and make a trigger linkage using the safety hole as a pivot
ped

quickster47 †

ped I just my INTEGRABASE from Greg and wanted to show you what it looks like.  The piece is just awesome.  Workmanship and detail is fantastic.  Soon as the order for yours gets placed and gets sent your way you will be one happy camper I am sure.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

chongman

Yep, serious work on that grip frame and looking forward to seeing it again  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...