What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

ped

nice work with the outdoorsman stock ark  :-*
i bought my sheridan with the intention of fitting the barrel to my 2250 but it was far too good to canibalize nice work motorhead, the m rod looks real nice 8)
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

droid

Quote from: Motorhead on April 07, 2013, 08:23:22 AM
Scored an old BRASS .20 cal Sheridan barrel, modified it's diameter wrapping with carbon fiber fitting onto the M-rod  :-*

Sweet  :-*

It takes some danglies to butcher a nice .20 barrel, but sometimes you gotta do it.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

YSYEO

Quote from: droid on April 07, 2013, 09:54:32 AM
Sweet  :-*

It takes some danglies to butcher a nice .20 barrel, but sometimes you gotta do it.

I just love learning new slang from across the pond

sandpiper

Motorhead, I'd like to hear more about this project of yours and wrapping the carbon fiber. Do you have pics of the process?

AS13

Stripped down my Winchester M11 BB pistol (1911 clone) and put in a lighter valve spring and did a little trigger work. I'll take out in the back yard and give it a run later.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

arkmaker †

Quote from: Tater on April 07, 2013, 08:51:07 AM
That is cool Ark. Did you make that stock/forearm and are gonna keep it open sights only?

No, I did not make it. It was made by Tree Rat Hunter whom I do not think is doing business anymore. I got it in a package deal from Tinker. Best deal I ever made so far. It needed to be fit. A lot of craving to fit on the frame and tube. Now all that is left to do is finish sand, straighten up some edges and stain and varnish.
I may end up putting it on the classifieds when completed. I have another "want" right now  :D
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Trophyhunter49

:-[ I have a SKS scattered all over my wookbench now . I have never seen anything this dirty and still shoot as fast as you pull the trigger. Traded for it Sat.  Got to get off there and get back to REAL work!! (airguns)  LOL ;D ;D ;D

eric

reblued the breech and polished the bolt handle
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

WyoMan

Looks nice eric  :-* was that cold bluing?
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

willc

I am in the process of making a pair of grips for my 1377.
Found some scrap pine 1x6 and just traced the plastic grips and roughed it with a jigsaw and then a router and straight bit for the frame inlet and contour exterior with Dremel sanding bit.
The pic is just after routing so this is a couple steps from the final deal.

Also I polished up and lubed the sear and compressed the spring a bit.
For this I got a 3" wood screw and a washer and just screwed it down tight for about 20 seconds and it required only a slight stretch to get an excellent trigger pull.

Now I am just waiting on a rear sight to get this baby on the road.
Will

1377/1322/2240/760/C11/Trail NPP/761/2200 Magnum/PC-77.

breakfastchef

Quote from: willc on April 08, 2013, 03:53:13 AM
I am in the process of making a pair of grips for my 1377.
Found some scrap pine 1x6 and just traced the plastic grips and roughed it with a jigsaw and then a router and straight bit for the frame inlet and contour exterior with Dremel sanding bit.

Making grips is not easy. You have a better start on yours than the ones I made once before. Look froward to seeing pictures of the final product.
Larry

eric

Quote from: WyoMan on April 08, 2013, 02:35:32 AM
Looks nice eric  :-* was that cold bluing?
thanks Wyo and it was --- blue wonder .i have had pretty good results with it so far

KevinP

Quote from: eric on April 08, 2013, 11:44:01 AM
thanks Wyo and it was --- blue wonder .i have had pretty good results with it so far

Looking good Eric ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

quickster47 †

Quote from: eric on April 08, 2013, 11:44:01 AM

I've also had pretty good luck using Blue Wonder.  The trick I've found with this kind of blue is to make sure the parts are clean, clean, clean and then warm the part a little before applying the blueing.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

eric

Quote from: quickster47 on April 08, 2013, 08:08:49 PM
I've also had pretty good luck using Blue Wonder.  The trick I've found with this kind of blue is to make sure the parts are clean, clean, clean and then warm the part a little before applying the blueing.

Carl

i would agree on the parts being very clean ---- this barrel i did with out much work with heating and such and it came out fine except for a small blemish ---- i did it over again and got the same results but this time no funny little blemish mark ,i did use a torch to warm it up this time though  ???                                                                                                                                         
Quote from: KevinP on April 08, 2013, 12:04:08 PM
Looking good Eric ...   :-*
thanks --- it almost finshed  :)