What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

WyoMan

I agree very nice Eric.....I also like the carbine look it has nice lines  :-*
How did you decide on the length  ??? ....good symmetry!
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

bgmcgee

nice work on the sight, Carl. Eric that is one sweet looking carbine she turned out well.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

eric

Quote from: WyoMan on April 17, 2013, 02:32:49 AM
I agree very nice Eric.....I also like the carbine look it has nice lines  :-*
How did you decide on the length  ??? ....good symmetry!
thanks wyo --- i cut the barrel down past where the pitting was --- it was pretty bad and thought wth this looks good to me  ??? :)  it was 22" and now about 15 1/4" give or take
Quote from: bgmcgee on April 17, 2013, 02:54:02 AM
Eric that is one sweet looking carbine she turned out well.
thanks  :)
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

1377x

still no air gun work but I did work on my rc car
after hitting a wall going 25-30mph the right rear wheel, suspension bracket, control arms, shock, sway bar linkage
all shattered on impact

figured since I have to fix it might as well add some aluminum parts to it.
here it is with plastic parts followed by what it looks like with aluminum parts.

now with aluminum

this is just like working on a real car but it costs more :o ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

Noah

Quote from: KevinP on April 16, 2013, 06:18:28 PM
Carl ... cool job on the sight !!!  :-*

WOW! - How did I miss this post? Great stuff, Carl!
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Fronzdan

1377x

got a couple things done today
first I cleaned up my $5 chrony lighting.it was put together with electrical tape when that became gooey, then covered with duct tape or packing tape. well that got messy so, I got some heat shrink and cleaned up my connections.
another thing I did was covered an old barrel with heat shrink. I was told that covering barrels with heat shrink the barrel can rust underneath the wrap. what I did was treated the barrel with eezox before putting the wrap on. now its a test of time. will report the results in about 28 days

WyoMan

Hey mr 1377x.....you dont need the lighting for mr Chrony.....
just cover the entire top by putting white paper over it taped to the the diffusers
then use a 60 to 100w light cenrterd over the top about 12" above....if you have the F-1 that is...
Biohazardman on the green gave that tip  :-*\
I've been using EEZOx too and it seems to work I put it on a cotton cloth and then rub on the metal....is that what you do  ???
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

brz-ryder †

I finished modding my Harbor Freight 7x 10 lathe into a 7x 14 now the mods for my guns will be made by me already cut off a breech to 4" for a polished 2240 now working on a new brass 12" CO2 tube for another 2240 this is going to be a lot more fun making my own parts  :-*

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

brz-ryder †

Yes it does Tom buying parts and putting them on a gun is one thing but to make them yourself then see how it turns out will be a real rush  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

targettgii

So very true and you can say, yeah I made that LOL :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Gippeto

Exactly so. :)

Look forward to seeing what you crank out Jim. Always good to be making chips. :-*

Al

1377x

Quote from: WyoMan on April 18, 2013, 05:31:48 AM
Hey mr 1377x.....you dont need the lighting for mr Chrony.....
just cover the entire top by putting white paper over it taped to the the diffusers
then use a 60 to 100w light cenrterd over the top about 12" above....if you have the F-1 that is...
Biohazardman on the green gave that tip  :-*\
I've been using EEZOx too and it seems to work I put it on a cotton cloth and then rub on the metal....is that what you do  ???
I have been using this set up for 3-4 years now with zero errors and it reads the exact same as the old top of the line Oehler Chronographs down to the point,thanks for the info but my set up has been proven and i'll stick with it ;). before it had duct tape electrical tape and clear tape on it.looking at this old pic I have no idea when the black cord was added ???. every gun I test at home I take to the air gun shop for confirmation and I have yet to have a different number than his Oehler or his Shooting Chrony f-1 (same one I use),with his f-1 the point will be off by .2-.4 but the whole numbers are the same, I have mine hooked up with a chronoconnect ,the numbers are graphed and stored on my computer the only thing I have to do is name the string for storage

now Eezox is the best rust inhibitor I have tried to date. it works so well I have no reason to try anything else
no matter how damp the area Eezox will prevent rust. my guns would rust almost instantly when in the basement uncovered. check them an hour later a thin film of rust would be present. after one treatment of Eezox, 9 months later the gun still where I left it no rust.
now I have a test for it that hasn't been done that I know of. after I was told that if I cover my barrel with heat shrink it might rust as others who have done it had their barrels rust I thought it would be a good test for the Eezox now it will be 27 days before I take the shrink wrap off and see if holds its ground. I put the barrel in the bathroom under the sink it gets nice and damp there

mackelby

Just installed 1701P and a hammer that Carl had to clean up and finish. Haven't touch an adjustment and the feel is indescribable. Its not fair to compare the stock 2240 trigger group to the 1701P. This gun needs a breech from Anthony real bad. So far all I have done is put the 12.5 inch barrel from my 2289g and the new trigger group. Got a Millet RD ready to go. Better start reading about the adjustments.