What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

BDS

Got it... seems like 85% efficiency might be a sweet spot for real world application?

AAr there any heat or friction issues based on cycle speed or duration inside that HP side of the machine?

This concept has real potential Gippeto, as of now, it makes that belt driven, ratchet noise, whirly-gig monster called a "Shoebox Compressor" pale by comparison  :-*
Brian

Gippeto

Will be doing some testing once the stand is done to answer those questions...I want to know too. ;)

Shoebox has it's place...very well designed piece, and does not require a large compressor to run it. This thing DOES use a goodly amount of air to operate. Speed MAY be the trade off, and one I'm willing to accept.

That this will also work in the field from a fellows scuba/scba via a regulator is a bonus in my book. :)

Al

ped

very impressive gippeto :-* really looking forward to seeing the test results
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

bgmcgee

Nothing as impressive as what Gipetto is working on,way cool.I rebuilt the mk1 I got last week. Went pretty well no extra parts  ;D. It looked to be all original inside. Amazing it still held air. The orings were real hard and broke in half when I picked them out.To hot here to chrony it maybe tomorrow.
Had some time to shoot the mk over the chrony this morning. She picked up a few fps. With the new orings and the Timmymac valve stem it's sending 13g jsb's out at 465fps . Not to shabby.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

crossliner

Changed the BKL scope ring black screws to polished and deburred stainless ones..Thread is 8-32..

Had a brass adapter made for my LW-barelled brass-inspired 2400KT made...Now the "muzzle brake" from I dunno where it came from can be screwed on  ;) I have yet to test its silence  :)

Davio

crossliner, very nice.  I'd have any / all of that.  Never thought to bling the scope rings.  Sweet!

Gippeto, When this pans out are you going to make more and $ell them?  Count me interested!  :-*
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

Gippeto

That is a nice touch Crossliner. 8)

Davio...What do you think a fair price would be? Assuming it pans out of course. ;)

Al

Davio

Quote from: Gippeto on June 12, 2013, 06:54:36 PM

Davio...What do you think a fair price would be? Assuming it pans out of course. ;)

Al

Parts or Paypal?   ;D

I have no idea, Al.  Your parts + your time + whatever extra demand allows is my usual answer and I will stick with it.  And the lifetime (mine not yours) warranty would be nice, too!  ;D

I just know I have stayed away from HPA entirely just because I do not want to pay for a shoebox compressor.  If this thing will hook up to my compressor and pump my bulk tank that high for fills, then I am likely to enter the dark side.  :)

2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Crosman 1701-P .177

BDS

Al... whats the cost of a new brake slave unit or the fully built unit in that Video?

Brian

Gippeto

My cost on the brake chamber was $42.50. I've no idea what the price on the pump in the video is, I went to the companies website, but could not find it there. Video is a couple years old...would figure its either available...or was not popular enough to warrant production costs.

http://bogertaviation.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=23

Lower outlet pressure (2250psi) version they still show is $540.

Al

BDS

YA... same here, no go on that website

So let us begin, round numbers...$50 for the brake, another $50 for plumbing, devices and an actuator, $100 in labor and misc costs and were up to $200 cost. Your profit should be 50% min ($100) so, sell for $300?

Compared to high-end Hill pumps and the Shoebox, it's a bargain! :-*
Brian

Gippeto

A bargain...no doubt...t'would be substantially below minimum wage too. ;) I have 15 hours into the prototype....the time just adds up.

Am doing some rethinking on the design to bring the amount of labor down. The design will not be as robust, and the cylinder unfortunately will become a "wear" part needing eventual replacement. As it sits right now, there are no machined parts that wear.

Will know about check valves tomorrow....each "fitting" takes a bit over an hour to make...should be able to buy something less ideal for a reasonable price...maybe.

Automation will add easily another $100...or a simple slide valve can be ordered on ebay for <$10.

Al

Trophyhunter49

Mounted a bipod on one of my project builds today while waiting on Crosman t send the rest of my stuff to compellet this build so I can show it off to all of you LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D

Davio

Quote from: Gippeto on June 13, 2013, 02:58:41 AM
A bargain...no doubt...t'would be substantially below minimum wage too. ;) I have 15 hours into the prototype....the time just adds up.

Am doing some rethinking on the design to bring the amount of labor down. The design will not be as robust, and the cylinder unfortunately will become a "wear" part needing eventual replacement. As it sits right now, there are no machined parts that wear.

Will know about check valves tomorrow....each "fitting" takes a bit over an hour to make...should be able to buy something less ideal for a reasonable price...maybe.

Automation will add easily another $100...or a simple slide valve can be ordered on ebay for <$10.

Al

I have found over and over that the prototype or first time doing anything is at least 2-3 times less efficient that what it will be when both batching (making several at once) and familiarity are obtained.

You do what you need to do, of course... but if the fittings are available and robust enough, why make them?  Also, the automation went over my head.  Do you mean a pressure sensor shutoff, perhaps (so one does not have to spend the afternoon with the unit)?  Yeah, try not to make it like adding water to the swimming pool late at night! :o :(

Yeah, In this price range being bantered about I am in.  Much more and I will be asking how much for the DIY plans!  ;D

2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Crosman 1701-P .177

AaronMB

My 1377 with steel breech got an Anthony R (Fivestar45) extended bolt and handle installed last night. The little magnet that gently keeps it open is pretty cool, too.

Crosman Breech Kit bolt vs. Anthony's extended bolt (and one of his stainless short handle).
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Twain