What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

1377x

Quote from: HappyHunter on September 07, 2013, 03:58:24 AM
Damn...don't ya just HATE when that happens?!?! :-X

Always seems to happen to me too when I'm almost done, never when I'm just starting out >:(
EXACTLY!!!
i am so frustrated i left it for now. i'll work on it after my temper has cooled down some
as i was taking it apart a couple pieces were damaged. now i have to make them again but at least i found out one part is pretty tough and will be the replacement material for the broken pieces. i hope i have enough material, i would hate to have to spend $1 for more material ;) ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

Got the Stubby 2240 back to full function with a SS 6mm set screw TP and a new SS hammer pin. Love this mod  :-*

Now to find a place to shoot it!!!
Rich

Not my valve picture (borrowed from the GTA thread), but it is my Stubby!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

Just managed to snap the allen wrench off in the tiny breech screw ... >:(
at least it's flush and the gun still functions ....  :)
project for another day ..... :-*

Oh, I was going to replace it with a slotted stainless one .....
Kevin
Albany, New York

arkmaker †

Quote from: KevinP on September 07, 2013, 03:50:04 PM

Bummer!  :(

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mudduck48

Quote from: KevinP on September 07, 2013, 03:50:04 PM

Kevin if you need some I have some ss slotted 4-48 breech screws. Just PM me. :)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Bazmati2020

arkmaker †

Quote from: Bazmati2020 on September 08, 2013, 12:10:40 AM
I love the stubbie!!  :-\

Thanks, Actually, it was a gift. One that will not leave me before I die. That picture shows a long breech on it, but right now it is sporting the stock plastic breech. I have a friend that I am going to try to recruit to do a deep hole aluminum breech so that the barrel is invisible as the breech will extend to the site. It's another thought I had in the middle of the night  :D  Maybe it will end up Glockish looking??

breakfastchef

Quote from: arkmaker on September 08, 2013, 12:33:58 AM

Thanks, Actually, it was a gift. One that will not leave me before I die. That picture shows a long breech on it, but right now it is sporting the stock plastic breech. I have a friend that I am going to try to recruit to do a deep hole aluminum breech so that the barrel is invisible as the breech will extend to the site. It's another thought I had in the middle of the night  :D  Maybe it will end up Glockish looking??

Sort of like a Stace breech? That would be a great one off design. Maybe an integrated barrel band, too.
Larry

arkmaker †

I was thinking of a bottom half that would hide the entire tube as well. Really square and Glockish  :-*
I might lose the disco round half of the front site and only use the top fiber optics part?

chongman

Dang, I'd part with some cash for a "deep hole" breech for a 1911 look  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

i did a trigger mod
took my pot metal trigger and added a wide brass face to it via jbweld. it is surprising to me how well this stuff works

as nice as it feels it wasnt enough. out came the jbweld again this time to add a face to the face :-\. functionally it is great cosmetically it, well, i have no words for it

closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

Well, took the folding stock off the dragon, didn't like the looks of it..
it has a Art's shack power adjuster and muzzle brake ( nice stuff )
GMAC trigger and safety
Congman bolt handle - awesome ...

This is the gun that I was going to put a  DC bolt probe and a 12 in barrel ...( has a 14.5 on it now)
but  allen wrench broke off flush with the stupid breech bolt...
when I have time I will dig it out ...........
Kevin
Albany, New York

bgmcgee

Think you were right about the stock. Looking real nice. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Tater

I think it looks much better like that too Kevin.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

RC1947

KevinP, that's a sensational looking shooter, and the muzzle brake is a different 'twist'.  I tuned my Beeman R9 to get rid of the twang, though it didn't seem to affect accuracy, it sounds better. RC