What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

mudduck48

I just finished making a pair of grip panels for my Crosman 1300. WHAT DID YOU DO A DERN FOOL THING LIKE THAT FOR??!!! ??? Why? Because the stock grips are one piece plastic. They would put my trigger finger too far back on the trigger. I was pulling on the side of the trigger instead of the center.
Made them, put them on and they would move when I pumped the gun. I had to do like the Daisy 777 with the wood grips and pin them. Took a 1/8" drill bit and cut it off 3/4" long, beveled the end a touch and drove it through the frame where the sear pin is. Now the grips do not move. Now don't laugh too hard, this my first attempt at making grip panels. ;D ;D
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BDS

Those look great, now, the big challenge... matching pump arm!  :D :-*
Brian

ettolo

Not so bad!  :-*
I'm doing the same... think they will be ready in 2015!

ped

nice work duck i like the pin idea using the sear pivot
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BigErn

Those look great duck  :-*  Simple and clean!

Noah

Good work, Duck!

Can you make a set for my 2240?  ???
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

WyoMan

That is amazing work Duck...even more amazing first attempt  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

bgmcgee

I like them Duck. Pretty durn good for a first time.  Way better than anything I could make. Looks like oak am I close?
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mudduck48

Yep. They are oak. I went to Lowes and found me a 4 ft piece of 1/4" oak and there you have it.  :-\

bgmcgee

Dang I gots something right. ;D. Heck with your carpenter background I figured you'd have all kinds of scraps around.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mudduck48

Quote from: bgmcgee on December 05, 2013, 03:45:58 AM
Dang I gots something right. ;D. Heck with your carpenter background I figured you'd have all kinds of scraps around.
I do, but I did not want to dig my Dewalt 12 1/2" plainer out. Easier to just buy something already plained downed.

Hung2

The Crosman 13xx and 24xx grip frame has never been to my personal liking. I am thinking of chopping about an inch from the bottom of the grip frame and build a wrap around grip with a contour similar to that of the Sig P210. I think the European sex appeal will add a different dimension to a 13xx or 24xx. The only trouble is, I have to find the time to do it.

BillK

I like the looks of those grips Duck.  Really nice work.  Reminds me of the Benjamin style. Classic.
With a 4' board you could make a whole lot of grips for all those of us who sign your sign-up-sheet. ;)
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

targettgii

Quackerjack job on the grips Duck. ;) :) :) :)
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

KevinP

Kevin