What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

crossliner

It's built like a tank like my Surefire Z2 as if you can use it as a hammer lol! Really the glass of this one is great..

http://www.ballistics101.com/aimpoint_review.php

ettolo

Quote from: bgmcgee on December 13, 2013, 05:30:26 PM
If it's a Crosman barrel it won't be that hard as the blueing is pretty thin.  Buffing wheels and compound make it real easy. You canuse a dremel too and a lot of time. I have converted my bench ggrinder to a buffer by getting buffing wheels at the hardware store.  I use 2 different compounds . One fairly heavy for the grunt work then a finer for the finishing.  It works for me.

thank you!
here i'm ot, so i'll open a new thread about this!

Bazmati2020

Just fitted a Cothran trigger to my 2300T (thank you very much Jetstream  :-* ).

So both 2300 & 1322 have new trigger set ups now.

AS13

Continuing my "brush chrome" look I my 2240, did the grip frame yesterday. Since the paint was chipping off it anyways, it became my next victim :D Used a medium grit sanding sponge after removing the black to give it the look. The black on the front strap is a piece of step/skateboard tape. Gives me a better grip. Looking at the barrel band next for sanding. Not sure yet. I don't want to over do it :-X
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

bgmcgee

Quote from: AS13 on December 16, 2013, 05:16:54 PM
Continuing my "brush chrome" look I my 2240, did the grip frame yesterday. Since the paint was chipping off it anyways, it became my next victim :D Used a medium grit sanding sponge after removing the black to give it the look. The black on the front strap is a piece of step/skateboard tape. Gives me a better grip. Looking at the barrel band next for sanding. Not sure yet. I don't want to over do it :-X
Looks real good. I guess if you don't like the band sanded you could always repaint it.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

AS13

Thanks...I was concerned how the brass would look with the brushed finish. It looks OK to me. Staying away from the steel parts (barrel, end caps). The alloy is less likely to rust.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

Bazmati2020

Had some issues with zeroing my scope after my trigger change yesterday, so today I replaced the scope ring from centerpoint to Nikko Sterling and bingo  :-*

Only enough room from landing to back of office (about 6 yards) but get it zeroed in ok.

Also my dog "Lola" who has always been rather scared of bangs is quite happy with the LDC I have on it, she was asleep on the bed....I won't tell her off for being on there as I'm not supposed to shoot either, but the wife's out lol  :D

[img=http://s9.postimg.org/q62vzomjv/image.jpg]http://

KevinP

Looks like it's shooting nice ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

quickster47 †

Looks like you have scored a winner.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BigErn

Quote from: AS13 on December 16, 2013, 05:16:54 PM

Nice!

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

bgmcgee

Have to agree Baz looks like it's shooting well.  :-*  And looking good too.

Bazmati2020

My quest for a trigger pull I'm happy with continues.
In in 2300T I have the Cothran roller trigger and this morning my new wider sear arrived from Gmac.

Fitted straight away of course.  Really different quality compared to OEM, polished in the right places and I have to say the combination means I think I've finally hit that crisp single release point I've been looking for (took long enough lol)  :-*

Side by side of OEM and GMac sear

image share

bgmcgee

That should make a big difference.  No side play in that sear. :-*