What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

KevinP

Looks nice ...   :-*  ... who makes the scope mount, I like it .
Kevin
Albany, New York

bgmcgee

Looks good for spare parts. Kevin the mount looks like a bkl offset mount.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mudduck48

Good looking. Now, lets see some holes in the target. :)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

beejwest

Had a 2250 that had been sitting in the safe for quite a while.  I wanted to practice a bit of painting for a couple of PB projects so I grabbed some krylon and got to work.  Prepped the blued pieces with a bath in warm vinegar to remove the blueing.  Then sanded away up to 220 grit to allow paint to adhere.  Painted up a BF frame I bought off Carl, and waiting on my tippman adapter from mellon.  Then I'm putting on a bug buster and tippman folder.  Will show off when done. 
Full blown Crosmaniac.

beejwest

The khaki krylon doesn't match magpul's FDE very well.  I'll probably paint the grip as well as the stock and adapter when I get them all. 
Full blown Crosmaniac.

CraigH

Very nice!  Did you use an airbrush on the contrasting color?
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

beejwest

No, I used a base coat of olive green krylon.  Then grabbed some of the weeds from behind my barn and held them up in front of each piece as a stencil and sprayed the khaki color over the top. 
Full blown Crosmaniac.

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mudduck48

KevinP

Quote from: beejwest on August 25, 2016, 07:58:47 PM
No, I used a base coat of olive green krylon.  Then grabbed some of the weeds from behind my barn and held them up in front of each piece as a stencil and sprayed the khaki color over the top.

Nice job  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Tommy

Today I superglued a fiber optic on the stock Crosman sight of my Custom Crosman 1300KT.   So that gave cause to reset the Williams peep sight with target knobs and click adjustments.  The target knobs and clicks make this a real easy to set rear sight.     

mudduck48

What did Crosman say about your notch sight you ordered?

Tommy

Yes I ordered a notch sight and Crosman sent a peep sight.   I put it on the 1300KT and tried it. :-*   Seems fine to me so I have not contacted Crosman.   The notch and peep sight were the same price.   

mudduck48

Well, if you contact them and tell them you ordered a notch rear sight and received the peep, they just might send you the sight you ordered free. And let you keep the peep sight as well. They are real good about making things right. :-*

beejwest

Full blown Crosmaniac.